Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Colin Kaepernick won't stand during national anthem

What a dumbass. He used to be a pretty good QB, but then slowly fizzled out. I hope he now fizzles away from the NFL.

-----

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been a lightning rod for attention in his career, and his latest statements surely could make him an even more polarizing figure.

Kaepernick explained his unwillingness to stand for the playing of the national anthem, which of course happens before the kickoff of every NFL game. It happened in last night’s preseason game at Levi’s Stadium against the Green Bay Packers, one in which he struggled in his first action since last season.

Colin Kaepernick, left, explains why he’s refusing to stand during the national anthem

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Network’s Steve Wyche after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

The 49ers issued a statement on the matter:

“The National Anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem.”

Kaepernick is right to have his own opinion on the matter. He’s right to view his country any way he chooses. But he also must be willing to face the likely backlash. If USA Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas can get ripped for unintentionally forgetting to put her hand over her heart during the anthem, then Kaepernick clearly refusing to stand up during it will be treated far more harshly one would imagine.

It appears Kaepernick is aware of what he will face.

“This is not something that I am going to run by anybody,” he said. “I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. … If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/co...145653015.html

2. Thanks Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I never liked that guy.

(We need a "thumbs down" smiley)
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

He is free to do that, just as I am free to call him an uninformed, ungrateful, arrogant dumb-ass and I do so call..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    He is free to do that, just as I am free to call him an uninformed, ungrateful, arrogant dumb-ass and I do so call..-Tyr
    Let's see: he and tons of other black athletes are making millions of dollars playing a game. Remember the USFL? I saw a documentary where they interviewed the guys playing in that league. Some of them were getting paid like $20,000. They just wanted the chance to play the game and get paid for it. I will bet that before he was drafted Kapernick would have done nearly anything to make it to the NFL. Ungrateful is the proper term for him, Tyr.

I just think of them as poopoo heads.

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He is a sanctimonious turd. Standing does not mean anything but respect.

Let his over rated ass play in Nigeria or the Sudan.

I never cared for him to begin with. Far too over rated.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I hate the 49ers anyway. Just one more reason.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

BTW ... Where is King Roger on THIS one? He's got a stupid rule for everything else. This is the behavior of a so-called role model?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Sounds like Kaepernick, the idiot is bucking for the Presidency of BLACK LIVES MATTER, while enjoying the millions of U.S. Dollars he gets for playing a game.

Wouldn't the honorable thing for him to do be...GIVING AWAY all of his money, and become one of those TERRIBLE Oppressed Victims of Liberal Stupidity???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

14. Thanks Gunny, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Sounds like Kaepernick, the idiot is bucking for the Presidency of BLACK LIVES MATTER, while enjoying the millions of U.S. Dollars he gets for playing a game.

Wouldn't the honorable thing for him to do be...GIVING AWAY all of his money, and become one of those TERRIBLE Oppressed Victims of Liberal Stupidity???
    I think he should get the same fines and suspensions all the other players get for not being perfect little role models. Then I think he should be deported. Let him find a country with a better flag.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Colin Kaepernick explains why he’s refusing to stand during the national anthem

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Network’s Steve Wyche after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”
    Kaepernick is a hypocrite, a liar, and a twit. And he sucks as a quarterback.
    Hypocrite - he left the oppressions he is protesting against as very vague, but whatever oppressions he's talking about could be helped if he donated half his salary toward helping oppressed black people. I'd like to see some data on just how he's spent his millions, in this regard.
    Liar - Again, he left his actual protest very vague. That is something people do when they are full of crap, and just told you a lie. They don't want to get into specifics, because they don't have any. Here's the real reason he's doing this - because he on the way to being the 2nd or 3rd string quarterback on a really bad team, and he's getting bitter. I notice he never protested anything when he was a starter. Did the oppressions just start a few weeks ago?
    Twit - He's a twit.
    Sucks as a quarterback - I mentioned before that he's looking at 2nd or 3rd string, but that's not the only option. He might get cut. And that from the 49ers, the worst team in the NFL. Time to brush up on saying "would you like fries with that", Colin!
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Kaepernick is a hypocrite, a liar, and a twit. And he sucks as a quarterback.
    Hypocrite - he left the oppressions he is protesting against as very vague, but whatever oppressions he's talking about could be helped if he donated half his salary toward helping oppressed black people. I'd like to see some data on just how he's spent his millions, in this regard.
    Liar - Again, he left his actual protest very vague. That is something people do when they are full of crap, and just told you a lie. They don't want to get into specifics, because they don't have any. Here's the real reason he's doing this - because he on the way to being the 2nd or 3rd string quarterback on a really bad team, and he's getting bitter. I notice he never protested anything when he was a starter. Did the oppressions just start a few weeks ago?
    Twit - He's a twit.
    Sucks as a quarterback - I mentioned before that he's looking at 2nd or 3rd string, but that's not the only option. He might get cut. And that from the 49ers, the worst team in the NFL. Time to brush up on saying "would you like fries with that", Colin!

Colin a Tony can run the kitchen, Tony's slip on the grease and hurt himself and Colin would pass the orders to the wrong customers.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-28-2016 at 10:16 PM.

19. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

That dude don't look like no black. He looks Arab as Hell with his hair grown out and that nose.

21. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

This is worse than a Hillary speech.

I have friends from the military that have fought and died for me to have this freedom speech. WHAT FUCKING FLAG DO YOU THINK WE FOUGHT FOR, BITCH?

The rich asshole is talking bout social justice. Send me a damned check, MFer. He said NOTHING that made any kind of sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'd swear he is truthmatters @jimnyc. Made about as much sense.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Outrage is growing over the refusal of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.
    Kaepernick sat on the team's bench Friday night during the anthem before the Niners played host to the Green Bay Packers in an exhibition game. He later explained his reasoning in an interview with NFL Media .
    "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
    NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Saturday that "players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem."
    Rep. Pete King shot back on Sunday.
    "Colin Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the national anthem is entirely wrong," King, a Republican Representative from New York's second district, said in an email statement. "It is also an indicator of how low our cultural standards have been degraded that anyone is actually supporting this behavior.
    ". . . Having an NFL quarterback insult our flag by refusing to stand during the playing of the 'Star Spangled Banner,' adds neither honesty nor intelligence to that debate."

There is no such thing as an African-American. Blacks oppress themselves.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!