Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I understand his 'right' to not stand, just as I understand the 'right' to burn the flag. Having that right, exercising it, doesn't mean that there should be no repercussions. Personally I would just avoid any team he was on; any game his 'team' was playing in; any product that he received compensation for.

That is why the NFL in my opinion, deserves the biggest boos! See bolded below:
    Also, just a reminder: Kaepernick plays for the same NFL that doesn't mind when Rams players take the field in the "hands up, don't shoot" posture, but refuses to let the Dallas Cowboys wear a helmet sticker showing solidarity with Dallas police.
    That's political correctness reaching the NFL helmets, just mimicking the real world. It's a-ok to burn flags, ignore them, make pre-game statements - everything but pay respects to the hometown police.

This is a shame. I grew up idolizing the NFL and all it stood. Color never mattered when you played in the NFL. Color didn't matter when you're a fan of a team. But they're making the wrong decisions and sending the wrong decisions and ideas to today's kids.

Sure, Kap should have the right to have his voice heard. And the 49'ers should have the right to terminate his contract. The NFL should have the right to penalize him under 'morality' clauses all NFL players sign. But they WON'T, because it's not politically correct at this time. They would get bad feedback from the black community as a result.

But I have to wonder, if the Cowboys ignore the league, and wear tiny stickers to honor the fallen police - will the league take any action? And which they would do, which we know, then how do you tell your kids today that it's just fine to disrespect our Flag, but don't dare try and honor a cop who died in the line of duty.

2. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's political correctness reaching the NFL helmets, just mimicking the real world. It's a-ok to burn flags, ignore them, make pre-game statements - everything but pay respects to the hometown police.

This is a shame. I grew up idolizing the NFL and all it stood. Color never mattered when you played in the NFL. Color didn't matter when you're a fan of a team. But they're making the wrong decisions and sending the wrong decisions and ideas to today's kids.

Sure, Kap should have the right to have his voice heard. And the 49'ers should have the right to terminate his contract. The NFL should have the right to penalize him under 'morality' clauses all NFL players sign. But they WON'T, because it's not politically correct at this time. They would get bad feedback from the black community as a result.

But I have to wonder, if the Cowboys ignore the league, and wear tiny stickers to honor the fallen police - will the league take any action? And which they would do, which we know, then how do you tell your kids today that it's just fine to disrespect our Flag, but don't dare try and honor a cop who died in the line of duty.
    First you don't tell your kids that, you tell them what you believe to be the proper way to act. For me it would be along the lines of what I said above, "Many have given their lives to protect the rights enumerated in the Declaration and provided for in The Constitution. Some folks seem to have mistaken ideas of what their rights and responsibilities mean. We will not support any players, actors, etc., that choose to act against or disrespect the flag or symbols that represent the sacrifice of those who've gone before."

I'm not for making laws against idiots. I am for hitting those idiots where it hurts. This particular idiot is making $19million per year. Good lord, how oppressed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

First you don't tell your kids that, you tell them what you believe to be the proper way to act. For me it would be along the lines of what I said above, "Many have given their lives to protect the rights enumerated in the Declaration and provided for in The Constitution. Some folks seem to have mistaken ideas of what their rights and responsibilities mean. We will not support any players, actors, etc., that choose to act against or disrespect the flag or symbols that represent the sacrifice of those who've gone before."

I'm not for making laws against idiots. I am for hitting those idiots where it hurts. This particular idiot is making $19million per year. Good lord, how oppressed.
    He's simply pissed he's no longer the face of the franchise and not the starter. That's my opinion. He had all kinds of ways of getting involved and speaking up since 2012, but he didn't. Now he "rides the pine" as they say, in more ways than one.

But the flag, and all it stands for? I wonder if he is aware of how many black men have died wearing the uniform to give him freedoms, and lots of money? I wonder what he would say to their families? Or to the families or children of men who have medals showing that they also gave in more ways than one?

But this idiot wants to make a point about BLM, or "blacks being oppressed", and he takes it out on ALL of America, the best she has to offer, the best men and women that have died over so many years keeping is a free country.

He literally has no idea. He thought he would be a blabbermouth to draw attention now that he can't do so on the field. And I think he is DIS-honoring so many folks that have nothing to do with whatever his misguided frustration is pointing out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Actually....IMO....

We should just stop talking about this SCUMBAG, and stop giving him all the press he obviously enjoys. Let the BLACK LIVES MATTER idiots choose him to be their new president, and he will be an EQUAL to the Leader of the KKK.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He's simply pissed he's no longer the face of the franchise and not the starter. That's my opinion. He had all kinds of ways of getting involved and speaking up since 2012, but he didn't. Now he "rides the pine" as they say, in more ways than one.

But the flag, and all it stands for? I wonder if he is aware of how many black men have died wearing the uniform to give him freedoms, and lots of money? I wonder what he would say to their families? Or to the families or children of men who have medals showing that they also gave in more ways than one?

But this idiot wants to make a point about BLM, or "blacks being oppressed", and he takes it out on ALL of America, the best she has to offer, the best men and women that have died over so many years keeping is a free country.

He literally has no idea. He thought he would be a blabbermouth to draw attention now that he can't do so on the field. And I think he is DIS-honoring so many folks that have nothing to do with whatever his misguided frustration is pointing out.
    I totally agree. He is an ignorant, overpaid tool of the SJW. Seriously the only way I can see dealing with this, as his behavior is constitutional, is through the pocketbook, ego or himself and the NFL. Boo him wherever he appears. Refuse to buy ANY NFL approved merchandise; refuse to buy ANY product he has endorsed; refuse to attend ANY game he is involved with-on the bench or field. Actually I think the attack on NFL should have happened with the police thing.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

This one's a no sale for me I've been standing at attention since I was 6 during Colors and the National Anthem. When we were kids we'd have to stop our bikes and just like all the cars were required to stop. You go to the base theater and they play the National Anthem before every show. You don't stand, you get dad's hand upside your head.

This isn't a protest to me. This is getting attention.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This guy is a BEAST at like 6'7 and a million pounds. Former military that got out after his tours and now plays for the Steelers. Here's his Wiki bio about his military career:

Military career

After graduating from the United States Military Academy Villanueva began his military career when he was commissioned into the United States Army on May 22, 2010 as a second lieutenant in the Infantry.[4] Directly after being commissioned he attended various military schools, including the Infantry, Airborne and Ranger Schools; all located on Fort Benning, Georgia. After completing the three courses he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum, New York. It was with the 10th Mountain Division he deployed for the first time; for 12 months to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan as a rifle platoon leader.[4] As a result of his actions during this deployment he was awarded a Bronze Star Medal with "V" device for rescuing wounded soldiers while under enemy fire.[4] When he returned from his deployment he was reassigned as a company executive officer.[4]

Villanueva volunteered for the 75th Ranger Regiment's Ranger Orientation Program in 2013.[4] He was assigned to the 1st Ranger Battalion. His roles within the Battalion have included plans officer, platoon leader and company executive officer.[4]

He has deployed two more times to Afghanistan for a total of eight months between both deployments.[4]

-----

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers left tackle Alejandro Villanueva, an Army Ranger before starting his NFL career, aligns with Colin Kaepernick's frustration over racial injustice, but not his forum.

The sacrifice of the military is too great to minimize the national anthem, Villanueva said. On Friday, Kaepernick decided to sit during the playing of the anthem before the San Francisco 49ers' game against the Green Bay Packers. Kaepernick says he sat, and will continue to sit, over the oppression of African-Americans.

"I don't know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that's providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year ... when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva said. "It's his decision. Obviously he has brought up the issue in a great way. But I think if he encourages other players or other people in the stands to sit down, it's going to send the wrong message.

"He has to be a little more careful and look at the big picture of the things that he's doing, because as a service member, I have to understand it. But he's an athlete, he's got a huge platform, he has to see the impact he has on other people's lives."

Villanueva, 27, a former rifle platoon leader of the 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, first said he didn't want to be involved in the Kaepernick discussion when approached at his locker. But when asked about the responsibility of an athlete to stand during the anthem, Villanueva, of Spanish descent, said American minorities have more liberties than in other countries, with freedom to speak their mind, largely because of the military fighting for that right.

Kaepernick, who is set to make $11.9 million in 2016, told San Francisco-area reporters Sunday that he means no disrespect to the military, but he is sitting down for a cause he feels is right.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/steeler...ry?id=41726270

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If I was the 40ers GM I'd cut him. If he plays one snap this season and gets hurt the 49ers are on the hook for $15M next year. I'd being clearing me up some salary cap space. I'm not paying that for a bakup especially one that brings controversy to my team that distracts from playing the game.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Kaepernick wears Fidel Castro t-shirt during interview.

[T]his black American athlete is (unwittingly) hailing the man who jailed and tortured the largest number of black political prisoners in the modern history of the Western hemisphere...

http://babalublog.com/2016/08/29/col...rn-hemisphere/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Takes a Steeler. Big Ben just put the wood to Colin on Mike and Mike.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Takes a Steeler. Big Ben just put the wood to Colin on Mike and Mike.
    I don't think he was as forceful as he could have been, but his stance is certainly better than that of Colin's!!!

-----

“When it comes to the National Anthem and the flag, I think it stands for something different. You know, like you said, family, brothers, my grandfather served in the Navy—people that have served this country—men and women who’ve lost their lives...to me that’s the National Anthem we stand and support because they give us the freedom to play this game. We are so, so lucky to play a game that we love...and that’s because we have the freedom that soldiers have given us.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Just read that Kaepernick converted to Islam in the off season, and is engaged to a BLM activist.
    I also saw a blurb a few days ago about him now being a muslim. I didn't reply to your post as I kinda saw it as all a conspiracy theory thing.

But now, I read that his muslim girlfriend influenced him in sitting down!! WTF WTF WTF???

-----

Kaepernick’s Support Of Black Lives Matter Began After Dating Activist DJ

Colin Kaepernick’s Muslim girlfriend Nessa Diab reportedly influenced the quarterback to sit during the national anthem in protest for “people that are being oppressed.”

A Fox News article revealed some more evidence that reflects Kaepernick’s “conversion to social activism” occurred once he began dating activist DJ Nessa Diab, “who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and ‘Islamaphobia’ in the U.S.”

The San Francisco quarterback and MTV DJ began dating in July 2015, according to Fox News Sports. Shortly after that time, Kaepernick’s social media activity has become increasingly reflective of the “Black Lives Matter and Muslim activism of Diab,” Fox News reports.

“History!” Kaepernick captioned the photo, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Black Panther Party last October. (RELATED: Kaepernick’s Communist-Sympathizing Muslim Girlfriend Believed To Be Behind Protest)

Before beginning his relationship with Diab, Kaepernick’s Instagram mostly consisted of photos of him playing football or hanging with friends — about 128 of Kaepernick’s 170 posts, according to Fox News. Since dating Diab, Kaepernick’s social media focus has shifted toward black nationalist and Black Lives Matter-related messages.

“31 of his last 42 posts have strong social justice connotations, often featuring quotes from radical Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X, Black Panthers founder Huey Newton and cop killer Assata Shakur,” according to Fox News.

Kaepernick’s Support Of Black Lives Matter Began After Dating Activist DJ

Colin Kaepernick’s Muslim girlfriend Nessa Diab reportedly influenced the quarterback to sit during the national anthem in protest for “people that are being oppressed.”

A Fox News article revealed some more evidence that reflects Kaepernick’s “conversion to social activism” occurred once he began dating activist DJ Nessa Diab, “who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and ‘Islamaphobia’ in the U.S.”

The San Francisco quarterback and MTV DJ began dating in July 2015, according to Fox News Sports. Shortly after that time, Kaepernick’s social media activity has become increasingly reflective of the “Black Lives Matter and Muslim activism of Diab,” Fox News reports.

“History!” Kaepernick captioned the photo, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Black Panther Party last October.

Before beginning his relationship with Diab, Kaepernick’s Instagram mostly consisted of photos of him playing football or hanging with friends — about 128 of Kaepernick’s 170 posts, according to Fox News. Since dating Diab, Kaepernick’s social media focus has shifted toward black nationalist and Black Lives Matter-related messages.

“31 of his last 42 posts have strong social justice connotations, often featuring quotes from radical Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X, Black Panthers founder Huey Newton and cop killer Assata Shakur,” according to Fox News.

After the reaction to Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the national anthem, Kaepernick attended a news conference in a “balack hat with a large, white ‘X’ and a t-shirt that featured photos of Cuban despot Fidel Castro and Malcolm X.”

Diab’s social media includes a lot of content related to her job as an MTV DJ, but also reflects her views as a black rights activist and Islam defender. She recently defended her boyfriend in a tweet saying “I’m always proud of him and always will be @Kaepernick7. Please take the time to UNDERSTAND what he is saying,” Diab tweeted with a link to a transcript of his news conference following his protest.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/31/ka...g-activist-dj/

18. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I think ol' Colin may have pushed too far. Doesn't look like the head office is very pleased/

As far as Rothilesberger goes, I think he went as far as he thought he should. He doesn't need to bring a bunch of crap down on himself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Kaepernick wears Fidel Castro t-shirt during interview.

http://babalublog.com/2016/08/29/col...rn-hemisphere/
    This guy is just a whiney fool. Right Kathi. Why not use half those bucks to ease the self-inflicted oppression?

If I read again how speaking out against Latino's, Illegal Immigrants, and violent radical Muslims is racist, I'll puke. Those are cultures, not races!
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-31-2016 at 04:33 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

'Nuff said.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey