Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Seahawks, as a TEAM, may protest anthem

@dmp

If they do this, they are forever on my shit list. And if they do, they should then go 0-16

-----

Seahawks players may expand national anthem protest Sunday vs Dolphins

RENTON -- The Seattle Seahawks hope to make a statement in their season-opening matchup versus the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

But some of the players might make a statement before the game even starts.

Following protests by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and Seattle cornerback Jeremy Lane, members of the Seahawks might join together to address the issues that motivated Kaepernick to first sit, then kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

Linebacker Bobby Wagner said Wednesday that the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.

"Anything that we want to do, it's not going to be individual," Wagner said ahead of practice at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center. "It's going to be a team thing because that's what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals."

Kaepernick sat for the national anthem during the preseason as a way of protesting what he believed to be the unequal treatment of minorities in America -- specifically police brutality against African Americans -- telling NFL Network he refused to "stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppressed black people and people of color."

Lane followed Kaepernick's lead ahead of Seattle's preseason finale versus the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 1, while Kaepernick and teammate Eric Reid amended their protests to kneeling during the national anthem as a sign of respect to the military ahead of the Niners' final preseason game.

http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/...ay-vs-dolphins

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Good for them, they're putting their freedom to use as they see fit, those freedoms aren't free. Freedom comes from fighting and dying on far off battlefields, it has nothing to do with our United States Constitution or anything that happens here at home. Our brave fighting men are fighting and dying in the Middle East in order to advance the Yinon Plan for Greater Israel. Now that's freedom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    Good for them, they're putting their freedom to use as they see fit, those freedoms aren't free. Freedom comes from fighting and dying on far off battlefields, it has nothing to do with our United States Constitution or anything that happens here at home. Our brave fighting men are fighting and dying in the Middle East in order to advance the Yinon Plan for Greater Israel. Now that's freedom.

I just hope they get repercussions as a result. Now THAT freedom would be cool. IMO, they're jumping on millions unnecessarily, and not just those alive and recently killed, but also throughout American history. Simply put, find other ways to protest. IMO, this is stupid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Maybe I've read into things wrong, and maybe his desire to "honor the flag" will be appropriate.

Doug Baldwin tweets Seahawks will have 'pregame demonstration of unity'

Doug Baldwin (AP)

So we know one thing for sure: before the Seattle Seahawks play their season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, all players will be taking part in something, some expression done en masse.

As to what they have planned, that’s a mystery.

Receiver Doug Baldwin tweeted this somewhat cryptic message on Thursday afternoon:

To express a desire to bring people together, our team will honor the country and flag in a pregame demonstration of unity

There has been talk this week from Baldwin and teammate Bobby Wagner that Seahawks players have discussed joining teammate Jeremy Lane in protest of the national anthem; last week, Lane sat during the anthem, following the lead of San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick (Kaepernick’s 49ers teammate Eric Reed also took a knee last week).

According to the Seattle Times, on Wednesday Wagner said nothing had been decided, but whatever was done, the Seahawks would do as a team: “That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/do...205247216.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.
    Justice and equality for all?
    How dare they.
    Good honest decent hardworking Americans won't stand for that, no sir!
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    How dare they.
    Who said otherwise about that statement? I'll save you the time, NO ONE DID.

They can surely do so without purposely disrespecting the flag. Hell, they can buy a commercial, or an entire news slot!! But some choose this route. Those angry said NOTHING about being upset with "justice" and what not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

How dare they.

Ah yes, the voice of the terminally naďve... Or is it the naivete of youth speaking?

The majority of Americans do indeed believe in justice and equality for all. The flip side of that is that the majority of Americans don't appreciate the disrespecting of the national anthem or the flag. This is something many athletes and entertainers don't think about when they engage in these ineffective "protests". They think their influence is greater than it is, they believe all of their fans think as they do. The height of conceit if you ask me. The reality with protesting the way Kaepernick, and others, have chosen is, it won't make a difference. Nothing will change. He's doing nothing to bring more attention to the issue. He's doing nothing to help the problem. All he is doing is pissing off certain fans. These fans in turn will choose to protest his actions in a way that is truly effective, with their money.

On the other hand, I hear his jersey is selling quite well. The questions I have are: Are the buyers burning these jersey's? Are the buyer's making the purchase as a show of support? How will this translate in ticket sales?

Personally? I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit what he does. He's a mediocre quarterback at this juncture, collecting splinters in his ass. Hell, he's not even original. Other athletes have chosen to sit through the anthem in the past, and I'm sure they'll do it in the future.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

8. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Ah yes, the voice of the terminally naďve... Or is it the naivete of youth speaking?

The majority of Americans do indeed believe in justice and equality for all. The flip side of that is that the majority of Americans don't appreciate the disrespecting of the national anthem or the flag. This is something many athletes and entertainers don't think about when they engage in these ineffective "protests". They think their influence is greater than it is, they believe all of their fans think as they do. The height of conceit if you ask me. The reality with protesting the way Kaepernick, and others, have chosen is, it won't make a difference. Nothing will change. He's doing nothing to bring more attention to the issue. He's doing nothing to help the problem. All he is doing is pissing off certain fans. These fans in turn will choose to protest his actions in a way that is truly effective, with their money.

On the other hand, I hear his jersey is selling quite well. The questions I have are: Are the buyers burning these jersey's? Are the buyer's making the purchase as a show of support? How will this translate in ticket sales?

Personally? I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit what he does. He's a mediocre quarterback at this juncture, collecting splinters in his ass. Hell, he's not even original. Other athletes have chosen to sit through the anthem in the past, and I'm sure they'll do it in the future.
    Well said, well said. Many act as if we have no justice system and none of us believe in justice. Since this all started, I don't know of anyone talking smack about justice or whatever his end goal is. Everyone I know of are angry about the flag and the anthem. His message is being lost in the controversy.

10. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I know I've probably said it many times before. And, I can almost bet, every other American Veteran on this board, or those who haven't come here....MUTUALLY believe, the disrespect now being shown under the guise of PROTEST for the treatment of Black Americans.....will eventually BACKFIRE.

Every veteran, retired, reserve, and on Active Duty in all of the Armed Forces of the USA, plus the many MILLIONS who have given their lives for this nation....ALL DO/DID SO to allow even the disrespectful Americans who today to SPEAK without retribution.

But...the difference is. NONE OF US, as VETERANS, OR ACTIVE DUTY...likewise HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK AGAINST THE STUPIDITY, AND IGNORANCE the uneducated Americans so proudly display.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Seahawks, as a TEAM, may protest anthem

Kick them out of the NFL.

Let them go form their own league, maybe the WFL (Whiners Football League), pronounced "awful". They certainly have a right to do that.

How could they possibly bear to be a part of something called the **NATIONAL** Football League, after all?

As I said previously about Colin Whatsisname, will they all protest the huge income gap between rich and poor, by giving up their multi-million dollar paychecks and playing for minimum wage instead?

It's not like they are actually producing anything useful. No 5-yard gain ever fed a homeless child, after all.

These whiners have a greatly exaggerated sense of their own importance.

I see no reason to watch these whiners play. I hope most football fans share that view... and the League takes notice of tumbling ratings and advertising income for the teams OR individuals who do that.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They can surely do so without purposely disrespecting the flag
    Seems these players care more about the message of justice and equality than 'purposefully disrespecting the flag'. Tough choice I know

Quote Originally Posted by "Little-acorn
    will they all protest the huge income gap between rich and poor, by giving up their multi-million dollar paychecks and playing for minimum wage instead?

It's not like they are actually producing anything useful. No 5-yard gain ever fed a homeless child, after all.

I am not aware of the charitable contributions of the players involved, in either money or time, are all of them doing nothing? And in any case, the argument for inequality can either be dismissed as 'bitterness' or 'hypocrisy' depending on which side of the wage gap you fall under.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-08-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Seems these players care more about the message of justice and equality than 'purposefully disrespecting the flag'.
    TRANSLATION: If the U.S. isn't 100.000000000000% perfect in every possible race-relation situation, it ain't worth shit.

I've had it up to here with millions of people working their asses off the ensure perfect equality in race relations, only to hear some whiny, overpaid entertainers sulk that the U.S. doesn't even deserve its anthem to be respected.

If they don't like the terrific progress this country has made, they can go to any other country on the planet and see if it's any better. (HINT: They will find it's much worse.) If all they want to do is sit around and squall about something they don't even know the details of, the hell with them.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar, aboutime, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

GREAT post, LA.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Oh sorry, I forgot that if things aren't as bad as they use to be then you shouldn't strive to make things better still. You just have to sit down, shut up, and be thankful that things could be worse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Oh sorry, I forgot that if things aren't as bad as they use to be then you shouldn't strive to make things better still. You just have to sit down, shut up, and be thankful that things could be worse.
    None of this is about black lives mattering. It is about who is taking the blacks' lives. If Kaepernig and the BLMs want to protest against the ones taking the most black lives, let them march themselves through Chicago's south side. Then many Americans would respect them.

All of this protesting crap is just to draw more attention to themselves, a need which indicates a severe flaw in their kind.

19. Thanks Elessar thanked this post