Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default What bugs me most about Kaepernick?

Other idiots are now thinking this is a grand idea and are following suit. :SHAKING MY EFFING HEAD:

I won't even go over the list of names. Fuck them. But I'll add a funny one.

Megan Rapinoe - lesbian soccer player. She took a knee in a game the other day. Now she was beat to the punch, and is upset about it. Tough shit, quit then! Announcement letter at the bottom, good for them for doing so!!!

-----

BOYDS, Md. — Though Megan Rapinoe wanted to continue her stand in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick before the Seattle Reign’s NWSL game against the Washington Spirit on Wednesday, she wasn’t given the chance.

On Sunday, the midfielder became the first active non-black professional athlete to display support for the 49ers quarterback when she took a knee for the national anthem before the Reign’s game, but on Wednesday night the hosts played The Star-Spangled Banner before the teams took the field for the game.

“In light of Seattle Reign and U.S. Women’s National Team member Megan Rapinoe’s public declaration that she intended to ‘take a knee’ during the United States’ National Anthem tonight, we decided to play the anthem in our stadium ahead of schedule rather than subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent,” the team said in a statement.

Rapinoe and members of both teams warmed up for about 25 minutes following a rain delay. They then left the field before the anthem and returned shortly after for the start of the game.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...test/89983278/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And the best yet, former NY Rangers coach... (USA coach)

-----

John Tortorella says he’d bench players who don’t stand during national anthem

Colin Kaepernick’s decision not to stand during the playing of the “The Star-Spangled Banner” has had a ripple effect across the sports world in the past week. It has elicited reactions — both in support and in condemnation — from players around the NFL and beyond, military members and even President Obama. A prominent name from professional hockey added his opinion to the mix Tuesday, and it wasn’t in favor of Kaepernick’s social justice protest

“If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,” USA Hockey Coach John Tortorella told ESPN’s Linda Cohn ahead of the World Cup of Hockey.

Tortorella, who coaches the Columbus Blue Jackets during the NHL season, has a son, Nick, who is a member of the Army Rangers, and he has reportedly spoken often with his players in Toronto about representing America as national team members.

“I know these are hockey games … but I do look at it like it’s for my country,” Tortorella said (via the Columbus Dispatch). “What Nick is doing by far dwarfs what we do. We’re entertainers; we’re playing a sport.”

“But with my son over there — this might sound selfish — I want to team up with him and help my country,” Tortorella continued. “I get pretty caught up in representing my country. There’s nothing like it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tional-anthem/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We CAN debate those things.... but WHY? Would the disrespect for the flag and our anthem somehow change? This is simply trying to deflect. You are MORE than welcome to open threads on those subjects. They would be interesting I'm sure. But if you think it would in some weird way have me then side with Kap, or want to disrespect the flag/anthem myself, you would be incorrect.