Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default NJ Catholic schools to suspend those not standing for anthem

This is awesome on many levels. And I have no problem with them handing out any punishments for those not standing. As pointed out, they aren't public, so they can do so. Other schools, and those kneeling, should all take note.

Also great because I know it will piss off so many, those agreeing with the kneeling and the BLM nitwits, and the atheist dummies that will be guaranteed to whine about this. It does my heart good at times!!

-----

The Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Camden sent a letter to its schools stating that any player who didn’t “show respect” during the National Anthem would be subject to suspension.

Superintendent Mary P. Boyle sent the following letter:

In light of the recent controversy regarding the NFL player’s refusal to stand for the National Anthem, I seek to clarify the position of the Office of Catholic Schools. I ask that this be communicated to those listed above.
    Our schools are founded on the teaching of respect and honor; respect and honor for God, country and duly appointed authority.
    It is expected that our administration and coaches as well as our athletes will show respect during prayer, pledges and the playing or singing of the National Anthem.
    The best approach is helping our young people understand that blood was sacrificed so that we all can enjoy the gifts of our faith and our country.
    However, let me be clear. We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests is not a guaranteed right.
    Failure to do demonstrate appropriate respect, will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses.”

http://1057thehawk.com/nj-high-schoo...tional-anthem/

2. Thanks Russ, Perianne, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The NY Bishop Moynihan recently said that 7 year-olds are responsible for their rapes, so the Catlick Church has bigger fish to fry than worrying about the anthem. But then again, the Catlick Church has never been concerned with the individual, with the sovereign rights of citizens. The Catlick Church is the Whore of Babylon, get the hell out of the Catlick Church if you don't want your kids sodomized.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

^^ Ya, ok then, right on topic with the story! Some folks see "catholic" or "christian" and can't help but venture into said thread and take a crap right where everyone can see. Bravo!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    ^^ Ya, ok then, right on topic with the story! Some folks see "catholic" or "christian" and can't help but venture into said thread and take a crap right where everyone can see. Bravo!
    Yes, that would be me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I predicted this at lunch today.

Kinda like this:

Q: "Did you hear the Pope said he hoped everyone would attend services this Sunday?

A: How about the church and those pedophile priests?

Q: My Catholic church just donated a ton of food to the local homeless shelter.

A: Did you hear about those pedophile priests?

Q: How about that Red Sox game last night!

A: Gay pedophile Catholic priests! Church coverup!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    The NY Bishop Moynihan recently said that 7 year-olds are responsible for their rapes, so the Catlick Church has bigger fish to fry than worrying about the anthem. But then again, the Catlick Church has never been concerned with the individual, with the sovereign rights of citizens. The Catlick Church is the Whore of Babylon, get the hell out of the Catlick Church if you don't want your kids sodomized.
    Where do you come up with this crap Doug? Got reliable sources?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

This is awesome on many levels. And I have no problem with them handing out any punishments for those not standing. As pointed out, they aren't public, so they can do so. Other schools, and those kneeling, should all take note.

Also great because I know it will piss off so many, those agreeing with the kneeling and the BLM nitwits, and the atheist dummies that will be guaranteed to whine about this. It does my heart good at times!!

-----

The Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Camden sent a letter to its schools stating that any player who didn’t “show respect” during the National Anthem would be subject to suspension.

In light of the recent controversy regarding the NFL player’s refusal to stand for the National Anthem, I seek to clarify the position of the Office of Catholic Schools. I ask that this be communicated to those listed above.
    Our schools are founded on the teaching of respect and honor; respect and honor for God, country and duly appointed authority.
    It is expected that our administration and coaches as well as our athletes will show respect during prayer, pledges and the playing or singing of the National Anthem.
    The best approach is helping our young people understand that blood was sacrificed so that we all can enjoy the gifts of our faith and our country.
    However, let me be clear. We are not public institutions and free speech in all of its demonstrations, including protests is not a guaranteed right.
    Failure to do demonstrate appropriate respect, will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offenses.”

This story is great. Excellent job by the Catholic Church to actually stand up for what they believe in. If some of players think that showing disrespect to the flag or the anthem is part of their beliefs, well, then they can go ahead and do it with full knowledge of what the results will be - two weeks of suspension. If they can't live with that, then they didn't really believe in their protest anyway.

Which is still besides that point that none of these idiot 'anthem-protesters' even know what they are protesting anyway. They just are piggybacking on Kaepernick's stupid protest, which is really just the bitterness of a QB realizing that he's washed up at 25 (or however old he is).
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Call me deplorable but......

I LOVE IT! They can do it because they are NOT Government schools!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I LOVE IT! They can do it because they are NOT Government schools!
    At least for now.

-Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

See it doesn't matter if you're standing because you want to, or if you're standing because of the threat of suspension. All that matters is you're standing, *that's* what's important.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

13. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I predicted this at lunch today.
    Kinda like this:
    Q: "Did you hear the Pope said he hoped everyone would attend services this Sunday?
    A: How about the church and those pedophile priests?

Q: My Catholic church just donated a ton of food to the local homeless shelter.
    A: Did you hear about those pedophile priests?

Q: How about that Red Sox game last night!
    A: Gay pedophile Catholic priests! Church coverup!
    there are some people that will do exactly that. no matter what.
    however in this case I think the point has some traction.

here's why.
    the suspension is a punishment for an action the church sees as wrong.
    while there are still many priest Unpunished for raping children.
    In my opinion at least we've got apples an apples comparison gong on here.

There's a righteous indignation over and a putting the foot down on these "disrespectful" students.
    but a FAR less stern reply to the much more serious offenses of the "criminal pedophile " leadership.

Many of the priest WEREN'T/AREN'T "suspended", they're just transferred, or sent to 'treatment', hidden or, as pointed out, in at least one case the children were blamed.
    Not being a public institution gives the RCC the right to deny free speech rights on campus.... as well as... FIRE/Defrock/turn over priest and evidence to legal authorities outright.
    But for some reason they don't.

I'm not sure why people shouldn't bring it up in this case.
    Especially since many of these priest are still not punished.
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-17-2016 at 06:30 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm not so sure how to take this.
    OK it's a private school. they can make up rules to stand up to the Catholic flag and the US and sing. to pray to Mary every morn.
    But i have to wonder do RCC schools in Columbia, Syria, Russia etc. force children to stand and sing to those countries flags/anthems at extracurricular events too? I suspect they might.

If you and your family were living in Russia for work and you have your kid is in a catholic school there. Would you want them to be forced to stand at the Russian anthem at some game? Especially if there were a series of violent anti-american incidents committed by gov't officials? But I suspect it's not something some folks here can imagine or imagining comparing to the situation here.

SaveSave
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-17-2016 at 07:12 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Also on another note i always have to wonder about the concept of a country based on the protecting the concept of individual freedoms, like free speech, but people wanting to force others to conform to respect the symbols of the country that exalts individual freedoms above all.

I do get the real anger of many people have over the "disrespect".
    But i don't get stuff like 'HAHA! yeses, force them to do my way or else because this is AMERICA, FREEDOM baby YEAH YEAH!'.
    That seems at the least a little inconsistent.
    the "I don't like what you say but i'll defend your right to say it" makes more sense to me.

It seems many upset with disrespect for the flag see the flag as not so much as a symbol of freedom but MORE as the symbol of the many people who've died to protect the concept of freedom (and in all the other wars right or wrong). And that not respecting the flag and songs is a slight specifically against those in the military. and it should never be done.
    I can understand that point. and i respect that point.
    However I also understand those that do see the flag and all the blood spilled to defend the country as the symbol 1st of the freedom and justice they died to defend. And that furthering that ideal is more important than the symbols and songs themselves. And in fact honors those symbols.

I'm not sure they'll ever be a way to bridge the gap in viewpoints since emotions run high over such things but I'd like to think at the very least, as Americans we can be ciivl and NOT go 'to war' with each other over people having different but equally HIGH views of what America is and aspires to be.
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-17-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Where do you come up with this crap Doug? Got reliable sources?
    I didn't mean to derail this thread, my intent is to point out that Catlicks might want to concern themselves with their church and not some nationalistic recitation to a piece of cloth. The Catlick hierarchy has ben instructed that they're not under any obligation whatsoever to report rapes to the authorities. Catlickism isn't a religion, it's a collective mental illness and organized moral depravity.

I'd previously mentioned Bishop Moynihan but Bishop Cunningham is in this, too. In the old days regular people would have hung these kind of perverts in the streets, but these days they're defended by scoundrels who are most like degenerated perverts themselves.

As requested, here's a few cites that clearly show the depravity of Catlickism:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...he-kids-fault/

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/09...abuse-victims/

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...icle-1.2680722

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...icle-1.2621981

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    there are some people that will do exactly that. no matter what.
    however in this case I think the point has some traction.

here's why.
    the suspension is a punishment for an action the church sees as wrong.
    while there are still many priest Unpunished for raping children.
    In my opinion at least we've got apples an apples comparison gong on here.

There's a righteous indignation over and a putting the foot down on these "disrespectful" students.
    but a FAR less stern reply to the much more serious offenses of the "criminal pedophile " leadership.

Many of the priest WEREN'T/AREN'T "suspended", they're just transferred, or sent to 'treatment', hidden or, as pointed out, in at least one case the children were blamed.
    Not being a public institution gives the RCC the right to deny free speech rights on campus.... as well as... FIRE/Defrock/turn over priest and evidence to legal authorities outright.
    But for some reason they don't.

I'm not sure why people shouldn't bring it up in this case.
    Especially since many of these priest are still not punished.
    That is a Gumby-level stretch there, Rev

-Abbey