Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Encouragement in unjust WAR is an American disgraceful value

Is this the America that we think we live in?

“Even though U.S. casualties in Iraq continue to mount -- and we have now been there longer than we were involved in World War II -- surprisingly few newspaper editorial pages have come out for any kind of withdrawal (even a very slow one) or timeline for a pullout. Polls show that about 2 in 3 Americans favor the start of a withdrawal, and even Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, a strong conservative, came out for it last week, but newspapers have remained largely silent.

But yesterday, on Indepedence Day, a McClatchy newspaper with a heavy military presence in its circulation area came out for withdrawal. The headline: "Bring Home U.S. Troops." It concludes that this war "isn't worth a single more American life."

The paper is The Olympian in Olympia, Wash. Nearby are Ft. Lewis (which has sent tens of thousands of troops to Iraq) and McCord Air Force Base. Daily circulation is about 32,000. The president and publisher is John Winn Miller. Vickie Kilgore is executive editor.

“The Fourth of July is a time when Americans celebrate the values that have made us a great nation," Miller tells E&P today. "So it seemed like an appropriate time to editorialize on what has become a national disgrace.”

More: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003607552

Disgrace indeed.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Funny - people harp on the casualties in this war - and bring up the time we've been fighting vs. WW2, yet can't understand ~4000 casualties vs. 10x that for WW2.

Your desire to have America run away from the fight - which could lead to THOUSANDS of American civilian casualties, is not just un-just, it's blatant disregard for human life AND cowardice.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Funny - people harp on the casualties in this war - and bring up the time we've been fighting vs. WW2, yet can't understand ~4000 casualties vs. 10x that for WW2.

Your desire to have America run away from the fight - which could lead to THOUSANDS of American civilian casualties, is not just un-just, it's blatant disregard for human life AND cowardice.
    Oh really? Is Iraq going to attack us if we leave? What are they going to use? Sand? You're a genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Is this the America that we think we live in?

“Even though U.S. casualties in Iraq continue to mount -- and we have now been there longer than we were involved in World War II -- surprisingly few newspaper editorial pages have come out for any kind of withdrawal (even a very slow one) or timeline for a pullout. Polls show that about 2 in 3 Americans favor the start of a withdrawal, and even Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, a strong conservative, came out for it last week, but newspapers have remained largely silent.

But yesterday, on Indepedence Day, a McClatchy newspaper with a heavy military presence in its circulation area came out for withdrawal. The headline: "Bring Home U.S. Troops." It concludes that this war "isn't worth a single more American life."

The paper is The Olympian in Olympia, Wash. Nearby are Ft. Lewis (which has sent tens of thousands of troops to Iraq) and McCord Air Force Base. Daily circulation is about 32,000. The president and publisher is John Winn Miller. Vickie Kilgore is executive editor.

“The Fourth of July is a time when Americans celebrate the values that have made us a great nation," Miller tells E&P today. "So it seemed like an appropriate time to editorialize on what has become a national disgrace.”

More: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003607552

Disgrace indeed.
    If we'd fought this war like we did WWII, it'd been over 2-3 years ago.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Oh really? Is Iraq going to attack us if we leave? What are they going to use? Sand? You're a genius.
    Naw, if they messed with the sand you like to hide your head in, they'd have to fight you too.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Naw, if they messed with the sand you like to hide your head in, they'd have to fight you too.
    Yeah, my head's in the sand alright. That's why I know that over 3000 US lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that over 655000 Iraqi lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that Iraq devolved into civil war within weeks of our invasion because our Pentagon never had a plan for rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure and the administration lied about it to the US public among other things for over three years. That's why I know that Saddam Hussein had no hand in 911. That's why I know that current US military strategy is having zero effect on the daily violence occuring in Iraq. That's why I know that the number of troops we have over there is less than a third of what is actually needed to accomplish a state of peace. That's why I know that our actions in Iraq have destablized the entire Middle East and have set the stage for future war with Iran. That's why I know the Iraq war has made the world a more dangerous place than it was before 911. That's why I know that al-Qaeda's recruitment numbers have increased since the beginning of the "War on Terror."
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yeah, my head's in the sand alright. That's why I know that over 3000 US lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that over 655000 Iraqi lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that Iraq devolved into civil war within weeks of our invasion because our Pentagon never had a plan for rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure and the administration lied about it to the US public among other things for over three years. That's why I know that Saddam Hussein had no hand in 911. That's why I know that current US military strategy is having zero effect on the daily violence occuring in Iraq. That's why I know that the number of troops we have over there is less than a third of what is actually needed to accomplish a state of peace. That's why I know that our actions in Iraq have destablized the entire Middle East and have set the stage for future war with Iran. That's why I know the Iraq war has made the world a more dangerous place than it was before 911. That's why I know that al-Qaeda's recruitment numbers have increased since the beginning of the "War on Terror."
    http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...d-children.htm

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...d-children.htm

Perhaps the source of your beliefs?

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/232536.php

http://michaelyon-online.com/wp/baqu...-july-2007.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Don't you mean 150x?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Hag, get real, man. I can't even start to comment on your little tantrum here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Well now ... aren't you just about full of yourself?

It is not the Pentagon's responsibility to have a plan for rebuilding infrastructure. It is the Pentagon's job to IMPLEMENT the plan.

And I will repeat ... had we gone into Iraq the same way we fought WWII; which, is the comparison being made in the original article, the war would've been over 2-3 years ago. Had we implemented a plan for reconstruction such as the Marshall Plan, most of these terrorist types would be dead or in hiding.

You naysayers have stripped this nation of its balls and you should be ashamed of yourself. But we know that isn't the case, you being so lost and blind in your own righteous indignation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Don't you mean 150x?

You would be very close. The number is around 500,000 if my history lessons are remembered.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where might you have found this number?
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Well now ... aren't you just about full of yourself?

It is not the Pentagon's responsibility to have a plan for rebuilding infrastructure. It is the Pentagon's job to IMPLEMENT the plan.

And I will repeat ... had we gone into Iraq the same way we fought WWII; which, is the comparison being made in the original article, the war would've been over 2-3 years ago. Had we implemented a plan for reconstruction such as the Marshall Plan, most of these terrorist types would be dead or in hiding.

You naysayers have stripped this nation of its balls and you should be ashamed of yourself. But we know that isn't the case, you being so lost and blind in your own righteous indignation.
    Our balls sure as hell didn't have a problem ignoring international law and Preemptively invading a country that had no ties to 911. Are those the balls you've accused me of "stripping" the nation of? How 'bout them balls?! You live in a dream world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remie View Post
    Where might you have found this number?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101001442.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Interesting:

British-based Iraq Body Count

Wow, went beyond Lancet which was debunked long ago: