Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

Here's a guy that deserved to get shot in the face. I can't believe he didn't in fact. This is a real scumbag thing to do. I wish he would have seriously gotten his ass kicked at least.

-----

Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

An East Tennessee State University student was arrested Wednesday after going to a Black Lives Matter protest on campus wearing a gorilla mask and handing out bananas.

Tristan Rettke, an 18-year-old freshman, wore overalls and a gorilla mask and, wandering barefoot while holding a burlap sack with a Confederate flag and a marijuana leaf on it, offered bananas to students who were protesting, according to a report by ETSU police. He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

According to campus police, after being read his rights Rettke told officers that a couple of days earlier he had seen on social media that there would be a Black Lives Matter event in the “free speech” area of Borchuck Plaza on the Johnson City, Tenn., campus. He said he went to a store Tuesday to buy rope to tie to a bunch of bananas. While there he also bought the mask and brought it all to the event on Wednesday.

According to the police report, Rettke said the stunt was an attempt to provoke the protesters.

Rettke did not immediately respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment Thursday.

In a video posted on social media, the protesters appear to be trying to ignore Rettke, although one protester says on the video that his hands are shaking with anger. A woman at the protest called police.

The East Tennessean, the newspaper on campus which first reported the incident, quoted one of the protesters explaining why they didn’t react angrily. “I was going to let him stay as long as he wanted to,” Jaylen Grimes told the East Tennessean, “because once white people see how the counterpart of their same culture acts, they can just reflect on that and see, ‘Oh, I’m not like that. Oh, I actually might want to help.’ And they might want to push against what his thoughts and what his beliefs are.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pm_local_pop_b

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Now since the BLM movement is a racist violent one obviously the white guy got racially and physically abused and...wait what?!!
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Now since the BLM movement is a racist violent one obviously the white guy got racially and physically abused and...wait what?!!
    I think many feel that the underlying idea, and what folks are preached to do often, is racist in nature. That is certainly not to mean that every single person involved in the BLM movement is racist. Obviously the kids at this school were not, and should be applauded for their restraint.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's a guy that deserved to get shot in the face. I can't believe he didn't in fact. This is a real scumbag thing to do. I wish he would have seriously gotten his ass kicked at least.

-----

Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

An East Tennessee State University student was arrested Wednesday after going to a Black Lives Matter protest on campus wearing a gorilla mask and handing out bananas.

Tristan Rettke, an 18-year-old freshman, wore overalls and a gorilla mask and, wandering barefoot while holding a burlap sack with a Confederate flag and a marijuana leaf on it, offered bananas to students who were protesting, according to a report by ETSU police. He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

According to campus police, after being read his rights Rettke told officers that a couple of days earlier he had seen on social media that there would be a Black Lives Matter event in the “free speech” area of Borchuck Plaza on the Johnson City, Tenn., campus. He said he went to a store Tuesday to buy rope to tie to a bunch of bananas. While there he also bought the mask and brought it all to the event on Wednesday.

According to the police report, Rettke said the stunt was an attempt to provoke the protesters.

Rettke did not immediately respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment Thursday.

In a video posted on social media, the protesters appear to be trying to ignore Rettke, although one protester says on the video that his hands are shaking with anger. A woman at the protest called police.

The East Tennessean, the newspaper on campus which first reported the incident, quoted one of the protesters explaining why they didn’t react angrily. “I was going to let him stay as long as he wanted to,” Jaylen Grimes told the East Tennessean, “because once white people see how the counterpart of their same culture acts, they can just reflect on that and see, ‘Oh, I’m not like that. Oh, I actually might want to help.’ And they might want to push against what his thoughts and what his beliefs are.”

He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation

civil rights intimidation!!!!
    Really???
    So what were the two black panthers doing with weapons at a voting station and exactly how was that handled?

Whats next folks??
    Do they take the frosting off of frosted flakes??

Just how much of this shit are we supposed to take??

Guy was an ass, should have had his ass stomped but to be legally arrested and charged!

To be legally arrested and charged, that is a serious attack upon his civil rights -especially since blank panther leaders can call for killing -white babies and nothing is done about it..

This special status(FOR BLACKS, MUZZYS GAYS , ETC) crap has got to stop-- as it will lead to civil war if carried much further IMHO.--TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

5. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I think many feel that the underlying idea, and what folks are preached to do often, is racist in nature. That is certainly not to mean that every single person involved in the BLM movement is racist. Obviously the kids at this school were not, and should be applauded for their restraint.
    To quote the great Bobby Jones,

“You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank.”

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    0h no, poor you, my heart bleeds.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post

Really???
    So what were the two black panthers doing with weapons at a voting station and exactly how was that handled?

Guy was an ass, should have had his ass stomped but to be legally arrested and charged!

To be legally arrested and charged, that is a serious attack upon his civil rights -especially since blank panther leaders can call for killing -white babies and nothing is done about it..

.--TYR
    Bolded above: Wrong is wrong and if he'd gotten childish ass stomped?
    No sweat off my brow! The rest is spot on, though.

When are you going to grow up?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    When are you going to grow up?
    Grow up as in - feel outraged that a man was arrested for dressing as a gorilla and handing out bananas at an event in support of black peoples? Hopefully never.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I need not your bleeding sarcasm Noir..
    Myself, I have the ability to settle my own account if my rights are trampled on,-do not need a damn Federal law or local cops to arrest a man for insulting me..
    That you think its ok, speaks volumes..
    Also that you missed my comment about the guy should have been stomped but not have the power/force of law come down on him!
    A point , that perhaps you missed.
    Your youthful blindness is staggering sometimes it seems to me.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

As everyone else mentioned, this guy is pretty offensive and he's lucky he and his bananas didn't get beaten to a pulp.

I'm mystified, though, that his "free speech" act got him arrested. I didn't think that was possible anymore, since burning the flag and all kinds of other offensive acts are considered protected free speech. How do they make these decisions that one guy is doing free speech and another is stepping over the line?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

13. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Grow up as in - feel outraged that a man was arrested for dressing as a gorilla and handing out bananas at an event in support of black peoples? Hopefully never.
    So you believe in free speech and expression...

Except when you don't.

15. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    As everyone else mentioned, this guy is pretty offensive and he's lucky he and his bananas didn't get beaten to a pulp.

I'm mystified, though, that his "free speech" act got him arrested. I didn't think that was possible anymore, since burning the flag and all kinds of other offensive acts are considered protected free speech. How do they make these decisions that one guy is doing free speech and another is stepping over the line?
    Obama's America

17. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

You don't think there is bias or hypocrisy in enforcement, do you?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

19. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Question:. Given this arrest, should BLM folks be arrested when they chant ""Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon"?

If not, why not?

21. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    So you believe in free speech and expression...

Except when you don't.
    Just call it for what it is: Two Faced!

It's hard to argue with a liberal spoon-pounding spoiled idiot.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

23. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post