Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Rolling Stones to release first studio album for a decade

Rolling Stones to release first studio album for a decade

London (AFP) - The Rolling Stones will release a new studio album, "Blue and Lonesome", on December 2 -- their first in more than a decade, they announced Thursday.

The album will feature songs by blues artists such as Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon and Jimmy Reed, said a statement on the legendary band's website.

Guitar legend Eric Clapton features on two of the tracks and the album was recorded over three days in London last December.

"'Blue and Lonesome' takes the band back to their roots and the passion for blues music which has always been at the heart and soul of The Rolling Stones," said the statement.

The album is produced by long-term Stones producer Don Was and The Glimmer Twins -- the pseudonym used by singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards.

The Rolling Stones have not released a studio album since 2005's "A Bigger Bang," which featured original material that largely stayed true to the band's blues rock roots.

But the septuagenarian rockers, one of the music business's highest-grossing acts, have released a series of concert recordings in the past decade.

Richards, 72, has often spoken of his love of blues and its influence on his guitar playing.

The blues, born among African Americans in the US South, took on a new life with the Great Migration to industrialised northern cities with added amplification and gradual rock elements.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

As an owner of nearly 20 stones albums, I have low expectations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    As an owner of nearly 20 stones albums, I have low expectations.
    THEY ARE NOT AS GREAT AS THEY WERE AT HE HEIGHT OF THEIR CREATIVITY/FAME.
    Yet, more than enough talent is still there -- to deliver a great album.
    Whether enough effort to deliver such an album is truly made is another matter.
    I'd say- if this is to be their last album made--Mick may see to it such is done.
    You know ERIC CLAPTON IS INVOLVED IN THIS , RIGHT?--TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    THEY ARE NOT AS GREAT AS THEY WERE AT HE HEIGHT OF THEIR CREATIVITY/FAME.
    Yet, more than enough talent is still there -- to deliver a great album.
    Whether enough effort to deliver such an album is truly made is another matter.
    I'd say- if this is to be their last album made--Mick may see to it such is done.
    You know ERIC CLAPTON IS INVOLVED IN THIS , RIGHT?--TYR
    I'll buy it. I didn't care for abiggerbang at all.

I think they still have talent, as you say, but I have serious doubts they will use it.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...some-song-list

Here's the song list. I'm excited to hear their version of I can't quit you baby, that led Zeppelin made famous on their first album. Hope they don't ruin it.

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I am betting that they put far more into this one since it could be their last one--none of them are getting any younger..
    In a few years- 'tis' quite likely that any one or two of them could die. Only takes one to end it all-- if its Jagger!!!!--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love the Stones, and knowing them it probably will be good. But WTF? These guys HAVE GOT to be on some sort of drugs still. It's the only thing that explains walking skeletons! Especially Richards, who rightfully should have been dead like 30 years ago. These guys must be on something, or have special powers!

And hell, I think this picture was like 40 years ago! LOL

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I love the Stones, and knowing them it probably will be good. But WTF? These guys HAVE GOT to be on some sort of drugs still. It's the only thing that explains walking skeletons! Especially Richards, who rightfully should have been dead like 30 years ago. These guys must be on something, or have special powers!

And hell, I think this picture was like 40 years ago! LOL

They have proven to be not only massively creative and talented but also smart enough to have out-lived the usual failings, mistakes and drug/alcohol induced Death/career ending actions that have destroyed so many other great Rock n Roll bands.
    Was that just pure luck, and/or perhaps have something to do with Mick Jagger's leadership?
    You know he is a very intelligent man... in far more than just the music field. -Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Rolling Stones Desert Trip Footage Goes Online

(hennemusic) The Rolling Stones headlined the opening night of the second weekend of the Desert Trip festival in Indio, CA on October 14 and video from the show has surfaced.

The band's 20-song set featured several tunes that weren't played a week earlier, including "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Sweet Virginia", "Angie", "Live With Me" and "Paint It Black", among others.

The group delivered their live debut of a cover of the Buddy Johnson classic, "Just Your Fool", which has been teased as the lead single from the Stones' forthcoming album, "Blue & Lonesome."

Alongside a pair of guest appearances by Eric Clapton, the project marks the band's first studio album in over a decade as they cover tracks by a variety of blues legends. Watch the video footage from the music festival here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Who Stream Previously Unheard Song From Debut Era
    (Radio.com) The Who are streaming a song called "The Girls I Could Have Had" which was written for the 1965 debut album "My Generation" and has never been released.

Pete Townshend wrote and recorded the song in his Chesham Place apartment where title track "My Generation" was written. He told NME that in 1965, the song didn't jive with the direction other band members wanted to take on the album.

"I have often said about my early songs that I tried hard to appeal to Roger's sense of late teenage machismo," he said. "Either that, or I attempted to sound like Jan & Dean so that Keith Moon - who was a surf music fan - would get behind the song. Here, a rather machismo and bragging song slipped away because it was more about me than Roger Daltrey, and certainly not a surf number."

Lyrically, the song describes the "girls [Townshend] could have had" if he weren't toiling away at making rock music. "It's about my lack of success with girls when I lived at Chesham Place, partly because I spent all my time in my studio," he said. "Roger did very well with girls; it would never have worked for him to sing this lyric. The lyric is also fantastical. I make it sound as though I was turning down girls every day. In real life I was probably piqued that rarely happened. My tape machine was my mistress."

The track will be part of the reissue of My Generation is available November 18. Listen to the new song here.

More The Who News - The Who Music, DVDs, Books and more - The Who T-shirts and Posters

Rolling Stones Desert Trip Footage Goes Online
    (hennemusic) The Rolling Stones headlined the opening night of the second weekend of the Desert Trip festival in Indio, CA on October 14 and video from the show has surfaced.

The band's 20-song set featured several tunes that weren't played a week earlier, including "Get Off Of My Cloud", "Sweet Virginia", "Angie", "Live With Me" and "Paint It Black", among others.

The group delivered their live debut of a cover of the Buddy Johnson classic, "Just Your Fool", which has been teased as the lead single from the Stones' forthcoming album, "Blue & Lonesome."

Alongside a pair of guest appearances by Eric Clapton, the project marks the band's first studio album in over a decade as they cover tracks by a variety of blues legends. Watch the video footage from the music festival here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------