Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Coffee lovers will appreciate this

My husband was at a conference in the Bay Area this weekend. He and one of his associates stopped at a donut place to pick up an order they had called him.
    The woman ahead of them in line ordered coffee and was told they were out, but were brewing some more. She went into a tirade, stating that she was in a hurry and needed her coffee RIGHT THEN! The poor employee working the counter could do nothing but sit there while this crazy woman exploded. Fortunately, she left before killing anyone.

The story made me wonder how many DP members could place themselves in this woman's shoes.

Last edited by gabosaurus; 10-10-2016 at 07:48 PM.

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I love my coffee, but do not leave the first cup in the morning to anyone but myself. I've left my home sick to prevent running out of those aromatic beans!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I haven't had a really, really good cup of coffee since we were in the Blue Mountain of Jamaica in February. Time to hit the new Coffee Roaster shop in town to see what they have.
    Last edited by sundaydriver; 10-11-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I never leave home without coffee. I can't find coffee that I like better than mine. Hot brewed coffee is ready when I get up in the morning. Cold brew coffee is waiting to fill my 24oz to-go cup. Thermos is at the ready for longer days requiring extra cold brew. I'm up to 4 different cold brews including a decaf for one of my friends.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've analyzed and timed this for reference purposes. I have exactly 19 minutes after waking up to start drinking coffee, before I start punching people in their faces.

10. Thanks Kathianne, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I love my coffee, but do not leave the first cup in the morning to anyone but myself. I've left my home sick to prevent running out of those aromatic beans!
    Not me, WHEN I MAKE MORNING COFFEE, I ALWAYS GIVE THE FIRST CUP OF COFFEE TO MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE--(SCARED NOT TO)
    AS SHE LOVES COFFEE FAR MORE THAN I....
    And even with that generous giving act--she complains that I MAKE IT TOO STRONG..
    Women-- no man truly understands them but wise men give them respect and know they are the true shining jewels in our lives..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post