Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hollywood is the Propaganda Arm of the US GOVT

Partisan politics are made up of nothing more than a list of wedge issues that don't affect anyone's daily lives i.e. abortion, gay marriage, flag burning, etc. These issues are put forth so that the public will stay divided. Divided, the public will never be able to stand together well enough to ever hold the government accountable for anything. So, with the public divided and weakened, the government is free to do whatever they want because all elections are divided 50/50 so the fact that everything is decided by a 1 percent majority vote remains plausible. The notion that hollywood is "liberal" because it backs the liberal side of the wedge issues is merely a front. Everyone knows that money, not issues, is the real motivator for the upper echelons of our government. I've been thinking about this lately because I notice topical movies coming out that could have huge influences over public perception of some key issues.

I first thought about this back in 2003 when we were thinking about invading Iraq. Hollywood flushed-out a torrent of war movies. "Pearl Harbor," "Black Hawk Down," etc. Movies designed to flare American's patriotic spirit. Movies designed to get America in a certain mood. A war mood. A "today seems like a good day to die for my country" mood.

Now I see there is a Mormon running for President. So Hollywood comes out with this: "September Dawn" A movie that casts negative light on the Mormon religion.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU3BjG0yC90"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VU3BjG0yC90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Are they trying to influence public opinion on the Mormon candidate?

Then, I see this:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7cQeLfiCbs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7cQeLfiCbs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    "Day Zero" about what four guys do when the draft is reinstated. Are they trying to butter us up for something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I first thought about this back in 2003 when we were thinking about invading Iraq. Hollywood flushed-out a torrent of war movies. "Pearl Harbor," "Black Hawk Down," etc. Movies designed to flare American's patriotic spirit. Movies designed to get America in a certain mood. A war mood. A "today seems like a good day to die for my country" mood.

2001:
    Pearl Harbor http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213149/

2001:
    Blackhawk Down: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086/
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Ouch that had to hurt.............

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Black Hawk Down was a damn good movie.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What year did 911 happen? I'm not trying to make a statement about the Iraqi adventure. This is about Hollywood and the government manipulating public opinion. They fed off the sorrow following 911 and channelled it to focus on war. Now they're trying to influence the election and guage how the public feels about reinstating the draft!
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 08-30-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What year did 911 happen? I'm not trying to make a statement about the Iraqi adventure. This is about Hollywood and the government manipulating public opinion. They fed off the sorrow following 911 and channelled it to focus on war. Now they're trying to influence the election and guage how the public feels about reinstating the draft!
    ...when did those movies start filing? A year prior to release...more?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...when did those movies start filing? A year prior to release...more?
    So you're saying the military planned 911 to coincide with the release of the movies???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hollyweerd is the propaganda arm for the DEMOCRAT PARTY..

What's that tell you of the Democrat party of today....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

So you're saying the military planned 911 to coincide with the release of the movies???
    Holy shit! Truthmatters hacked hag's account!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

All your post tells me is that you don't know how to spell the name of their party.

Or the word "weird."
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    All your post tells me is that you don't know how to spell the name of their party.

Or the word "weird."
    Well...ain't yu speeeeeciiiaaalllll...

I'll spell the name of the Democrat party as I wish...
    If you don't like it.....Tough shit...
    Last edited by stephanie; 08-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

I don't buy it. Party politics are based on wedge issues that don't affect daily life. Issues like environment, gay rights, abortion and flag burning. The real issues, like taxes, military policy, corporate usurpation of individual rights and the replacement of representatives with lobbyists are all issues that both parties agree on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Movies are a cut-throat business, and their release is heavily influenced on what executives think the majority of people will respond positively to. People want to have a fun, entertaining time during the summer, that's why you have nothing but comedies and blockbuster action movies. There's no political agenda, just a bunch of rich, greedy movie executives trying to get more rich.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Movies are a cut-throat business, and their release is heavily influenced on what executives think the majority of people will respond positively to. People want to have a fun, entertaining time during the summer, that's why you have nothing but comedies and blockbuster action movies. There's no political agenda, just a bunch of rich, greedy movie executives trying to get more rich.
    And how do they get more rich? By influencing public opinion to support policies that make money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't buy it. Party politics are based on wedge issues that don't affect daily life. Issues like environment, gay rights, abortion and flag burning. The real issues, like taxes, military policy, corporate usurpation of individual rights and the replacement of representatives with lobbyists are all issues that both parties agree on.
    Then why is it hollyweird backs ONLY democrats?

If you're a conservative in hollyweird, you're not going to work.