Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default My Son..

He is in a doctorate program for Physical Therapy, and this Trimester has
    been interned in the Oakland CA VA Medical Center.

He tells me there is only one staff Physical Therapist there.

Now they have some bean-counter coming in that has no practical
    knowledge in the field that recommends cutting sessions from one hour
    to 30 minutes! To save money!

Neil has dealt with many folks with PTSD there, and it takes at least
    10 minutes to get them started and relaxed. Cutting that down with the above
    proposal is damn near criminal.

That is really NOT doing our folks any good. May as well toss them on the street.

Obama again? What is the answer?
    Last edited by Elessar; 10-14-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I took a friend to VA clinic here in Tucson yesterday for eye exam. He also gets physical therapy there and one of the therapists is retiring and there are no plans to replace her. She said she doesn't understand because there's only two of them at this satellite clinic and they are booked solid. After she's gone he will probably have to go to the main facility and that place is almost a city unto itself. They have trams that pick you up in parking lot and take you to the buildings where you need to be.

As for reduced therapy time ..... to bad they can't book back to back 30 minute appointments to get that full hour in.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Perfect example of the VA incompetence....

Isn't it a bit odd that we as a nation can spend trillions to send young men and women to war but then wail about the expense of treating and helping to heal those we sent into harms way?

I bet a nickle to anyone's donut that the bean counter never served and probably has very little (if any) respect for those who served and even less for those who are patients at that facility...
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks gabosaurus, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post

Isn't it a bit odd that we as a nation can spend trillions to send young men and women to war but then wail about the expense of treating and helping to heal those we sent into harms way?

I bet a nickle to anyone's donut that the bean counter never served and probably has very little (if any) respect for those who served and even less for those who are patients at that facility...
    My dad's best friend, who served several tours of duty in Viet Nam, once testified before a Congressional subcommittee. He wondered why Congress spent so much money waging war and so little treating the veterans who served in those wars.
    His anger came when he saw how little his elected representatives cared. They rolled their eyes during testimony and were obviously disinterested.
    IMHO, it is because the VA has no paid lobbyists. No one offers paid junkets and campaign contributions to tour VA hospitals. This is why the military overbids on projects and administers health care funds with an eye dropper.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My dad's best friend, who served several tours of duty in Viet Nam, once testified before a Congressional subcommittee. He wondered why Congress spent so much money waging war and so little treating the veterans who served in those wars.
    His anger came when he saw how little his elected representatives cared. They rolled their eyes during testimony and were obviously disinterested.
    IMHO, it is because the VA has no paid lobbyists. No one offers paid junkets and campaign contributions to tour VA hospitals. This is why the military overbids on projects and administers health care funds with an eye dropper.
    I don't know about the 'story' part, but the gist of the post is on mark.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    IMHO, it is because the VA has no paid lobbyists. No one offers paid junkets and campaign contributions to tour VA hospitals.
    Being a Government Agency, they cannot have lobbyists....conflict of interest.

Yet, the rest of your comments are really Spot On!

Thanks Gabby!

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post

Neil said the bean counter served two tours as an officer, but none spent in a combat zone.

Neil is pretty good on military terminology....guess I guided him pretty good!
    Last edited by Elessar; 10-15-2016 at 11:20 AM.

A Deplorable!

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post