Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Now I have no idea what you are referring to about the kids having to leave their jobs? Having trustees handling all the inside information on the company-the one Trump is involved with-would not leave his kids without jobs, incomes, or anything else. I'm seriously confused.
    You were wondering and skeptical that his kids wouldn't tell him information. You even wrote - To think 'his kids' are going to keep information from him?

You can hire God himself - but if the kids are still running things in their current positions, I don't see how it would be any different. What Trump is involved in IS what his kids do. Even with a trustee, they would be involved in the daily day to day business and all the numbers, that's what they do.

Ivanka doesn't run things, but I would think the executive VP of acquisitions would have a LOT of information. Eric Trump is another executive VP in the organization. Donald Jr, also an executive VP. These kids will and should have information and numbers from within the organization at many levels, that's their jobs.

With them working there, and performing their duties, I don't see how they wouldn't have information, and how folks would be satisfied that they would 'keep information from him'. Short of them not working there, they will have access to the business interests. Again, even having a trustee involved, they would still be performing their jobs and still running numbers and still knowing the buildings and income and all that other jazz.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You were wondering and skeptical that his kids wouldn't tell him information. You even wrote - To think 'his kids' are going to keep information from him?

You can hire God himself - but if the kids are still running things in their current positions, I don't see how it would be any different. What Trump is involved in IS what his kids do. Even with a trustee, they would be involved in the daily day to day business and all the numbers, that's what they do.

Ivanka doesn't run things, but I would think the executive VP of acquisitions would have a LOT of information. Eric Trump is another executive VP in the organization. Donald Jr, also an executive VP. These kids will and should have information and numbers from within the organization at many levels, that's their jobs.

With them working there, and performing their duties, I don't see how they wouldn't have information, and how folks would be satisfied that they would 'keep information from him'. Short of them not working there, they will have access to the business interests. Again, even having a trustee involved, they would still be performing their jobs and still running numbers and still knowing the buildings and income and all that other jazz.
    He could set up a truly 'blind trust' where non-involved people are the ones that know what's where and where investments and such are. I'm not a lawyer and not playing one.

However, his kids do not make the trust blind.

There will be much made of this, when there is no reason. It's the price of his choosing to run and win.

His kids would still be able to work there, draw their salaries, hire/fire, etc. They also of course would totally control their own businesses.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He could set up a truly 'blind trust' where non-involved people are the ones that know what's where and where investments and such are. I'm not a lawyer and not playing one.

However, his kids do not make the trust blind.

There will be much made of this, when there is no reason. It's the price of his choosing to run and win.

His kids would still be able to work there, draw their salaries, hire/fire, etc. They also of course would totally control their own businesses.
    Part of their business IS running the organization and the numbers. So then what, a demotion is expected? They should be able to continue their careers EXACTLY as they did prior to the election. They wouldn't be able to effectively operate such a company without access to information and numbers. It would be difficult if not impossible for executive VP's to run acquisitions and such, without knowing the bottom lines.

Either way, I'm not worrying about it or any 'lessons'. I have no issue with the kids continuing to do their jobs. No matter who in the world would be running the company, I'm confident that Trump will know exactly what would help his company and his bottom dollar. I'll worry about things when and if there were actually something to worry about.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

As far as the kids are concerned it seems to me that one way to handle it might be that all of Trumps holdings are withheld from certain transactions for the course of the presidency, transactions that have federal/gov't connections or influence such as foreign investments. And they have to be completely transparent in others new ventures. It would allow them to run it but If they did doing anything it'd be in the light.
    Also Like his proposals for lobbyist and congressmen, Trumps biz would not be able to do biz with the gov't for 5-7-10 years AFTER he leaves office.
    If he's willing to put the same kind of restrictions on himself as he's proposing for others that sets a great example. If not congressmen can balk at any proposed restrictions on their future employment and businesses.

there's already laws on the books for congress NOT to be into any insider trading, by congress and family. That should apply to the executive as well if it doesn't already.

The kids should be able to work around those restrictions ... after all the father only had a SMALL LOAN of ONE MILLION dollars when he started. Seems to me the kids should be able to make a multi million dollar biz work for them. If not they're just LOSERS.
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-11-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    As far as the kids are concerned it seems to me that one way to handle it might be that all of Trumps holdings are withheld from certain transactions for the course of the presidency, transactions that have federal/gov't connections or influence such as foreign investments. And they have to be completely transparent in others new ventures. It would allow them to run it but If they did doing anything it'd be in the light.
    Also Like his proposals for lobbyist and congressmen, Trumps biz would not be able to do biz with the gov't for 5-7-10 years AFTER he leaves office.
    If he's willing to put the same kind of restrictions on himself as he's proposing for others that sets a great example. If not congressmen can balk at any proposed restrictions on their future employment and businesses.

there's already laws on the books for congress NOT to be into any insider trading, by congress and family. That should apply to the executive as well if it doesn't already.

The kids should be able to work around those restrictions ... after all the father only had a SMALL LOAN of ONE MILLION dollars when he started. Seems to me the kids should be able to make a multi million dollar biz work for them. If not they're just LOSERS.
    The kids are all worth over 150 million +. And in order to make the business work for them - they will need to continue to do their jobs the same way they have been doing thus far. I have no problem with certain transactions being limited, that makes sense to me. I also have no problem with things being 100% transparent to a trustee or similar.

Of COURSE there are laws against things - but jesus, how about we wait till there's even a HINT of wrongdoing...

Chelsea and Bill & Hillary were affiliated with their foundation the entire time she was a secretary of state. I had no issue with that at all - until wrongdoing came about. But I surely didn't expect Bill or Chelsea to quit while she was in office. I don't recall others instantly jumping on the family and foundation and such the day after she took the position of secretary.

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If not they're just LOSERS.
    Oh, I saw a lot of losers out of this election, but Trump and his family certainly weren't any of them, even though many claimed they would. It's not going to be surprising in the slightest when folks start trying to find every little negative thing they can about him and/or his family.

#WINNING!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Well said Kat. Trump was not my first choice - I was a Scott Walker fan
    But Trump is doing pretty damn good so far. Seeing him and Obama being respectful and smiling at each other was something to watch. Trump knows how to make deals and get what he wants. Lets hope he hits ball out of the park once again
    I am watching MSNBC and the newest "scandal" is his Cabinet seems to too white and male. Where is the "diversity?"
    Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    My opinion (for what its worth) Newt for Chief of Staff. Rudy or Pam Bondi for AG. Ben Carson for Surgeon General. and put Kelly Ann Conway as his #1 adviser who knows what he knows. She got him to the finish line and I think she can keep his ego and temper in check
    I'm fine with Ben Carson anywhere. and I don't know Kelly Ann Conway.

But Newt Gingrich has been a globalist neo-con. he was part of making NAFTA happen and pro IRAQ war and soft on civil liberties. He says he's changed a bit. But I'm sorry, why SHOULD we trust these same old politicians to do something different than what they've done if they get into seats of power again? If they DON"T do what the they say NOW they'll just make up excuses more WHY they couldn't. I'm fine with newt being brought in to advise from time to time on strategy and pit falls and details of the working of the gov't he's a pro in that respet. I just don't trust him with the reigns of any dept to follow through on serious nationalist constitutional changes.

White Males Psssfft, who cares. it'd be nice for some symboloy but I don't want token whites, vets, women, blacks, muslims, latinos, jews or disabled. I think Trump has made clear his thought there. If he doesn't really want them their it will just LOOK staged like a bad reality TV show. And he'll get flax for that as well. He's NOT going to be able to please some people no matter what he does. So he should Just do the job.

And if anyone here is looking for EVERYONE on the left to stop hat in' if Trump shows normal human compassion and reason then well your crazy. But If you want something to moan for the next 4 years , ok yeah you'll have that.

But i hope you'll alway notice several on the left already reaching out and commenting on giving him a chance and respecting him as president.
    I suspect it's more than some here gave Obama.

And Many here are Upset if Obama If he praises the troops, or if he doesn't, if he sends the troops or if he doesn't, if he takes a vacation or not.
    It'd take me a while to find people on this board with a good word about Obama.
    So to rail against some on the left who'll be doing the same to Trump for the next 4 years is kinda weird.

you know what they say "Haters gonna Hate" But i don't think ether is losing sleep over people like that.

Last edited by revelarts; 11-11-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm fine with Ben Carson anywhere. and I don't know Kelly Ann Conway.

But Newt Gingrich has been a globalist neo-con. he was part of making NAFTA happen and pro IRAQ war and soft on civil liberties. He says he's changed a bit. But I'm sorry, why SHOULD we trust these same old politicians to do something different than what they've done if they get into seats of power again? If they DON"T do what the they say NOW they'll just make up excuses more WHY they couldn't. I'm fine with newt being brought in to advise from time to time on strategy and pit falls and details of the working of the gov't he's a pro in that respet. I just don't trust him with the reigns of any dept to follow through on serious nationalist constitutional changes.

White Males Psssfft, who cares. it'd be nice for some symboloy but I don't want token whites, vets, women, blacks, muslims, latinos, jews or disabled. I think Trump has made clear his thought there. If he doesn't really want them their it will just LOOK staged like a bad reality TV show. And he'll get flax for that as well. He's NOT going to be able to please some people no matter what he does. So he should Just do the job.

And if anyone here is looking for EVERYONE on the left to stop hat in' if Trump shows normal human compassion and reason then well your crazy. But If you want something to moan for the next 4 years , ok yeah you'll have that.

But i hope you'll alway notice several on the left already reaching out and commenting on giving him a chance and respecting him as president.
    I suspect it's more than some here gave Obama.

And Many here are Upset if Obama If he praises the troops, or if he doesn't, if he sends the troops or if he doesn't, if he takes a vacation or not.
    It'd take me a while to find people on this board with a good word about Obama.
    So to rail against some on the left who'll be doing the same to Trump for the next 4 years is kinda weird.

you know what they say "Haters gonna Hate" But i don't think ether is losing sleep over people like that.

The speech Obama gave after Trump won was excellent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Returning to the OP, though the other conversations were good, this seems related:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tru...ids-2016-11-14

Trump reportedly seeking top-secret security clearance for his kids

Unusual situation could create conflicts of interest
    President-elect Donald Trump is said to be seeking top-secret security clearances for three of his children and his son-in-law.

CBS Corp.’s CBS, +1.94% CBS News reported Monday that Trump has sought clearances for his daughter Ivanka, sons Eric and Donald Jr., and son-in-law Jarred Kushner. While they would not be allowed to hold jobs in his administration due to nepotism laws, they could be granted clearance if they were to be designated as national security advisers. Each would have to fill out a questionnaire and undergo a background check.

All four are currently on Trump’s transition team, and none have any experience in government.

Trump’s children will apparently also be running the Trump business, which could create conflicts of interest with their possible roles as presidential advisers.

<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/2/marketwatch.com/economy_story_2" title="3rd party ad content" name="google_ads_iframe_/2/marketwatch.com/economy_story_2" width="1" height="1" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom; background: 0px 0px; width: 1px !important; height: 1px !important;"></iframe>
    CBS’s report did not specify what level of clearance is being sought. A low-level security clearance could merely grant them access to the West Wing of the White House. A higher clearance would be needed to access the Situation Room.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Returning to the OP, though the other conversations were good, this seems related:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tru...ids-2016-11-14
    Nepotism at it's finest. After power is successfully centralized into the executive he can declare a new American monarchy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It's not about giving family jobs, if it were, I'd be with Jim in his assessment. This isn't about 'rewarding the faithful,' spoils is normal-this isn't that.

One thing the wikileaks uncovered, there were people around that warned that the email system, the $ from speeches and in kind, the Foundation needed to be reined in or they were going to blow up during the election. Guess what? They did.

While Clinton blames the 'right wing conspiracy, I guess now headed by Comey instead of Starr, she lost because of hew own actions and failure to correct when needed.

14. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's not about giving family jobs, if it were, I'd be with Jim in his assessment. This isn't about 'rewarding the faithful,' spoils is normal-this isn't that.

One thing the wikileaks uncovered, there were people around that warned that the email system, the $ from speeches and in kind, the Foundation needed to be reined in or they were going to blow up during the election. Guess what? They did.

While Clinton blames the 'right wing conspiracy, I guess now headed by Comey instead of Starr, she lost because of hew own actions and failure to correct when needed.
    Then, pray tell, why would they need clearances? And i thought this was about Trump's kids and getting clearances, how does Hillary fit in? I don't remember any clearances being sought after for Chelsea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Then, pray tell, why would they need clearances? And i thought this was about Trump's kids and getting clearances, how does Hillary fit in? I don't remember any clearances being sought after for Chelsea.
    If you don't follow what I wrote, I can't help you. Perhaps you should stick to the Cage, where you are a 'winner.'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you don't follow what I wrote, I can't help you. Perhaps you should stick to the Cage, where you are a 'winner.'
    It had little to do with it unless in some convoluted way youvwere inferring Trump personal business and government business might become intertwined which is a certainty at some point.

Haaaah blame me for your vague post, it's ok, big shoulders, i can carry your weight too.

I will, post wherever i please, thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    I will, post wherever i please, thank you.

Your posts reside where staff decides they do, little man.

Tread lightly.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum