Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I am thinking that part of the spirit of this is to have each of the states recognize the
    validity of a Conceal Carry Permit issued in another state. That would simplify everything,
    yet not step on "State's Rights".

Hell...there is open carry in Oregon. I see it often and these folks are not blood thirsty
    shooters. Carry a handgun for rattlesnakes, varmints and the like.
    I hear what you are saying, but think the 'state regulations' take precedence. It's like if you are traveling to a foreign country, you need to abide by their laws. A state can say that the speed in residential areas is 25mph; you need to abide by that, even if your ordinances are 30mph.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but think the 'state regulations' take precedence. It's like if you are traveling to a foreign country, you need to abide by their laws. A state can say that the speed in residential areas is 25mph; you need to abide by that, even if your ordinances are 30mph.
    I understand, but a happy medium should be reached....and I never ignore that black on white sign, either. Some of the towns up the US 101
    in Oregon are speed traps!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I understand, but a happy medium should be reached....and I never ignore that black on white sign, either. Some of the towns up the US 101
    in Oregon are speed traps!
    I don't think that states need to 'compromise' to a medium. One state may make very strict laws, i.e., Illinois. Another may decide 'anything goes' though I don't think there is a state like that.

What cannot be done, via 2nd amendment are state or local laws that are so onerous as to deny one's rights. IL has had some regulations brought to court and lost, as it should be.

Individuals can decide that the least restrictive laws are what they want and either work to get their state to do so or move to a state that's already on board.

That's the way abortion was prior to federal usurpation in Roe v Wade.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I do not have a CCP...but I agree with your premise that a person who does should check with
    other state authorities when traveling across the country, and secure the firearm as per the
    state's statutes.

It's pretty easy to contact State Police in each of our 50.
    Last edited by Elessar; 11-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I not not have a CCP...but I agree with your premise that a person who does should check with
    other state authorites when traveling across the country, and secure the firearm as per the
    state's statutes.

It's pretty easy to contact State Police in each of our 50.

I think that the federalist system is the best there is. Let the states do what they should, let the Constitution check when they go too far. Keep the fed out of their business and do what they are supposed to regarding borders, self-defense, and national interests as a whole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I think that an "absentee ballot" taken beforehand, presenting in any polling station all over the country, could have solved the problem. But... it is workable and useful when direct voting is concerned. When every voice is valuable and counted to the favor of candidate, but not to the majority voted in a certain State of a country.
    Last edited by Balu; 11-16-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    I think that an "absentee ballot" taken beforehand, presenting in any polling station all over the country, could have solved the problem. But... it is workable and useful when direct voting is concerned. When every voice is valuable and counted to the favor of candidate, but not to the majority voted in a certain State of a country.
    I thinyou may have posed on the wrong thread?