Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Yay, new cell battery!

I just got me a new battery for my Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday. I've had it for over 2 years. It's still kinda fine, but seemed to be eating the battery quicker than it normally would, or I was hallucinating. I really don't have many apps, I simply don't use the phone like that. Plus I went through all my apps and deleted everything I don't need or use. Did everything that could possibly be related to eating my battery and it was the same. It wasn't horrible, but it could be better.

So I got a new battery. But while looking, I saw one that was 240% stronger, a "iPosible 6200mAh" battery, when I believe the norm is 2400. It's a tad thicker than the old battery so it came with a new back cover. But if I didn't tell you it was swapped you may not even notice, not that bad.

I charged it yesterday and then into the evening before it was done and I unplugged it. Normally if I leave it unplugged, starting at 100%, when I get up in the AM it would be somewhere between 75-85% left. Dang, this one still had 96% left!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I just got me a new battery for my Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday. I've had it for over 2 years. It's still kinda fine, but seemed to be eating the battery quicker than it normally would, or I was hallucinating. I really don't have many apps, I simply don't use the phone like that. Plus I went through all my apps and deleted everything I don't need or use. Did everything that could possibly be related to eating my battery and it was the same. It wasn't horrible, but it could be better.

So I got a new battery. But while looking, I saw one that was 240% stronger, a "iPosible 6200mAh" battery, when I believe the norm is 2400. It's a tad thicker than the old battery so it came with a new back cover. But if I didn't tell you it was swapped you may not even notice, not that bad.

I charged it yesterday and then into the evening before it was done and I unplugged it. Normally if I leave it unplugged, starting at 100%, when I get up in the AM it would be somewhere between 75-85% left. Dang, this one still had 96% left!!
    You actually notice that crap? (you are such a geek)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You actually notice that crap? (you are such a geek)
    Oh yeah, I'm obsessed with that crap! I also have 2 apps installed that monitor the battery, and help tell me what's going on, and which apps are eating my memory. It sucks when you have 100% battery power and leave your house, do absolutely nothing, and then the damn thing starts alerting you a few hours later that it's low on battery!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

How much time before it explodes into a massive ball of flame?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    How much time before it explodes into a massive ball of flame?
    It's supposed to be the Samsung 7 doing that, but don't think it hasn't crossed my mind once or 9 times! If I MUST carry it outside on my person, I'm sure to put it in my back pocket. I'd much rather burn my butt a little, as opposed to the front pocket, and burning the hot dog and killing the beans!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's supposed to be the Samsung 7 doing that, but don't think it hasn't crossed my mind once or 9 times! If I MUST carry it outside on my person, I'm sure to put it in my back pocket. I'd much rather burn my butt a little, as opposed to the front pocket, and burning the hot dog and killing the beans!!
    LOL...might as well get you one of them thar hoverboard thingies while you are at it....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

LOL...might as well get you one of them thar hoverboard thingies while you are at it....
    Hell no, I'm at that stage now where attempting to still be a kid means I will be busting my ass and paying for my stupidity!! I have a damn cage and some sort of other contraption holding the discs together in my neck. Just one plop off one of those little hover death machines and I'll be more of a dirtbag posting here than I already am!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

One thing I learned is: Waking up to a dead cell and no charger means you better have a wind-up watch and some numbers written down or you're going to find out just how small your world really is.

And don't think you're going to just "remember" those number after a week of anesthesia.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-17-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks CSM, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Tough crowd.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Tough crowd.

Need to change the name of the board to General Freakin Hospital. I DID however find Jim's new circuit board:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Tough crowd.

aw cmon...Gunny and I are the two most compassionate people on the Board
    Thomas Jefferson

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

aw cmon...Gunny and I are the two most compassionate people on the Board