Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if political foes understand when the battle is over, it's just a game.
    How many people who voted for trump where aware of this game? and when will the jig be up that attacking 'the establishment' was the key cornerstone of the game?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would like to see Cruz get the position. I think he would be a very solid choice.
    He's too moderate. Just another establishment Republican.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    How many people who voted for trump where aware of this game? and when will the jig be up that attacking 'the establishment' was the key cornerstone of the game?
    The establishment hasn't gotten it, that's for sure.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It's really simple, SOME will still have to be there, even though personally I would love to see them gone overnight. But of course you want to at him for each and every person he will perhaps hire that leans in that direction.

And then other threads he is or will be attacked for the folks he hires that have little to no experience in politics.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

It's really simple, SOME will still have to be there, even though personally I would love to see them gone overnight. But of course you want to at him for each and every person he will perhaps hire that leans in that direction.

And then other threads he is or will be attacked for the folks he hires that have little to no experience in politics.
    I'llat him. He's going to change absolutely nothing picking the same old names from the same old hat. I thought Trump was supposed to be about change? Something different?

How about some people with bulletproof skin that don't care about what the Dems say?

Cow-towing to a party that has no leadership, is in disarray and instills ZERO confidence ain't going to get it. He ran on not kissing any ass and doing all these bold wonderful things and these names being bantied about don't go with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'llat him. He's going to change absolutely nothing picking the same old names from the same old hat. I thought Trump was supposed to be about change? Something different?

How about some people with bulletproof skin that don't care about what the Dems say?

Cow-towing to a party that has no leadership, is in disarray and instills ZERO confidence ain't going to get it. He ran on not kissing any ass and doing all these bold wonderful things and these names being bantied about don't go with that.
    Sessions is a great pick!! Bannon is a great pick, to me anyway, and definitely change! Hell, I think Sessions is change, and hopefully will be great with the immigration crap.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Sessions is a great pick!! Bannon is a great pick, to me anyway, and definitely change! Hell, I think Sessions is change, and hopefully will be great with the immigration crap.
    Romney, Cruz, the lard-ass from NJ --that is NOT change. That's picking from the same old junkpile of sh*t that didn't work. I know y'all "winner" have been having your little tee-hee party, but it's built on a foundation of sand. Trump is NOT popular and anyone using that as a premise needs to clue in.

He's in office more as a referendum against Hillary and people being sick and tired of the SOS than because of who he is. If he screws this up, the Dems will be running on "See? I old you ..." in 20 and we'll never get them out again. Worse, he's got to get those old buzzards clinging to their pensions in Congress on board and they have the same mentality as the "vote for Johnson/stay home" crowd. They'd rather lose than agree with Trump.

He's got no room for error.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

No one cares that Flynn was fired by Obama because of misuse of classified information?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Romney, Cruz, the lard-ass from NJ --that is NOT change. That's picking from the same old junkpile of sh*t that didn't work. I know y'all "winner" have been having your little tee-hee party, but it's built on a foundation of sand. Trump is NOT popular and anyone using that as a premise needs to clue in.

He's in office more as a referendum against Hillary and people being sick and tired of the SOS than because of who he is. If he screws this up, the Dems will be running on "See? I old you ..." in 20 and we'll never get them out again. Worse, he's got to get those old buzzards clinging to their pensions in Congress on board and they have the same mentality as the "vote for Johnson/stay home" crowd. They'd rather lose than agree with Trump.

He's got no room for error.

I highly doubt that Mittens or Cruz will end up on the cabinet... most of this stuff is hysterical speculation by the press.

Cruz isn't part of the 'establishment' anyway... he fought tooth and nail against the establishment. Romney, for sure. I actually kind of suspect a trolling expedition - yeah, we were considering you but since you were a douche, we changed our mind. Go home, Mittens, you're dismissed.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    No one cares that Flynn was fired by Obama because of misuse of classified information?
    One, he got punished.

Two, it'll probably matter when an indictment on Hillary comes down. On a scale of disclosing classified info, her violation FAR outweighs his. His is a known quantity and contained. Hers, to this day, is both unknown and probably contained on half the desks of foreign diplomats world-wide.

As far as the Gunny in me is concerned, both should be punished by law, and neither eligible to hold public office.

The rest of me says if she's not going to be, why should he? And if he gets a pardon, he should as well. Otherwise, this is a backfire accusation for the left as it puts a spotlight on the administration's double-standards. Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

On a scale of disclosing classified info, her violation FAR outweighs his.
    Intentionally sharing classfified information with pakistan is not as bad? lol wow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm sure someone will attempt to tell me I'm wrong, but I have never seen a President-elect's Cabinet picks under such scrutiny. And so much negative speculation.

I say leave him alone and let him do his job. You will have at least 4 years to bitch about every little thing he does as President. As for me, I'm not entertaining any more of this hyper-vigilant sour grapes premature speculative nonsense.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I'm sure someone will attempt to tell me I'm wrong, but I have never seen a President-elect's Cabinet picks under such scrutiny. And so much negative speculation.
    because he said he'd drain the swamp and he's promoting nothing but washed up same old swamp creatures

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

because he said he'd drain the swamp and he's promoting nothing but washed up same old swamp creatures
    Lol, that was actually pretty funny!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Intentionally sharing classfified information with pakistan is not as bad? lol wow
    Focus on what I posted, not your editorialized version of what you decided I meant.