Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Much thanks to everyone!!

I believe the "P" is for pass, like Kath said. Less congrats go to me and more so to the kid who is just smart as hell. I won't claim to be some great parent that sits with him for hours and what not. But I DO make sure things are timely, he does his homework, goes to a good school, gets makeup when out... all the correct things. He took it and is running with it so far. I'm happy, and hopefully it will continue into college.
    If the kid is in high school and parents are sitting with him during homework, something is most definitely wrong. LOL! Those days should be over by 4th grade. Kids aren't in AP courses if they don't have some sense of self-discipline.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

[QUOTE=jimnyc;845580I won't claim to be some great parent that sits with him for hours and what not. But I DO make sure things are timely, he does his homework, goes to a good school, gets makeup when out... all the correct things. He took it and is running with it so far. [/QUOTE]

This is basically what parents need to do. You encourage your kids to get things done and do them in the correct manner. Guidance and participation are the majority of the battle.
    It's not just about "being smart." I've seen a lot of smart kids underachieve because they are not properly engaged. Parental guidance is essential.

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post