Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Palin, Coulter lash out at Trump "sell out"

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...d-10688601.php
    Both Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin criticized the president-elect on Friday, following months of staunchly supporting his election.

“Sounds like the big sell-out is coming. Oh well. The voters did what we could,” Coulter tweeted Friday. “If Trump sells out, it’s not our fault.”

Palin is mad about Trump’s plan to keep air conditioning plant Carrier in the United States by giving the company a multimillion-dollar tax incentive.

“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,” the former Alaska governor wrote in an op-ed on the website Young Conservatives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Sarah sure is pretty, isn't she?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Sarah sure is pretty, isn't she?
    I think you have been standing outside for too long.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Trump made an awesome deal for someone who isn't even in office. Palin and others are free to disagree. Won't be the first time I disagree with either of those 2, but I still love both! Trump is going to be different than what we are accustomed to, no matter the rants. And some will say "it's the same old same old". Sure, we have a president that was willing to sit back and do nothing, and now we have a citizen that negotiated a deal to keep jobs here.

+ Jobs
    + paychecks
    + money in the economy

No matter how you slice it, it's a good deal for the extremely low price tag. These folks were long gone, but not the same anymore. And while some complain - explain why thew dems, republicans and the president were just willing to let it happen?

I honestly don't care, they are positives no matter how you slice it. Some will condemn Trump if he caught a baby falling from a burning building.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Trump made an awesome deal for someone who isn't even in office. Palin and others are free to disagree. Won't be the first time I disagree with either of those 2, but I still love both! Trump is going to be different than what we are accustomed to, no matter the rants. And some will say "it's the same old same old". Sure, we have a president that was willing to sit back and do nothing, and now we have a citizen that negotiated a deal to keep jobs here.

+ Jobs
    + paychecks
    + money in the economy

No matter how you slice it, it's a good deal for the extremely low price tag. These folks were long gone, but not the same anymore. And while some complain - explain why thew dems, republicans and the president were just willing to let it happen?

I honestly don't care, they are positives no matter how you slice it.
    I can see how some might take it that way.

Some will condemn Trump if he caught a baby falling from a burning building.
    That's for sure, but some would praise him if he shot an innocent in the middle of Times Square as well.
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-04-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It is a deal that benefited the company more than the workers. It was a small concession in the VP-elect's home state.
    What happens when other, larger companies seek the same type of deal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    It is a deal that benefited the company more than the workers. It was a small concession in the VP-elect's home state.

gabby. For someone like you who constantly claims to be so much smarter than everyone else here. Perhaps the joke's on you. Companies, Businesses, and Corporations are in business, with employee's, products, services, and factories to MAKE MONEY.
    The only concession here is that you are such a totally UNINFORMED liberal who would blame someone for charging you to Borrow Money...for nothing.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Interesting. How about the House Minority Leader who's got her hubby's fishing business rolling in the clover? No concessions there, right?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sure, the workers didn't benefit - now they don't have to uproot their lives and go to Mexico. And what did you expect, a million per year per worker and 1k for the company? Of course the company always makes more than the worker. But like I said, they get to keep their jobs, their homes & location, their salaries and everything else.

And the company benefits. And now you're saying the state benefits too. Wow, wins for everyone!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I think you have been standing outside for too long.

Once again gabby. Your pure, liberal jealousy is SHOWING. Take note. None of us have ever INSULTED YOU by calling you pretty. That would be considered a Liberal Racist, Dishonest remark.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

As Coulter and Palin point out the incentives are out of line with capitalism and more like crony capitalism. However IMO the working with the parent company's other gov't contracts is less problematic.

But Trump's in diffuclt postion. dang if he does dang if he doesn't. But i suspect the ...as with most other principles of the right lately... the idea of REAL capitalism without gov't pressures and kick-backs will be kicked to the curb by those that deem it "practical" for gov't to control/cajole/paidoff businesses to SAVE AMERICAN JOBS.

Anyone who wants to promote principles is just being IDEALISTIC and out of touch with reality, 'we can NEVER do it that way'. 'Are you a businessman?!'
    But Frankly I suspect if Palin, Coulter or most other R or D had jobs at Carrier they wouldn't be complaining much.
    (unless Obama did it instead of Trump)
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-03-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    As Coulter and Palin point out the incentives are out of line with capitalism and more like crony capitalism. However IMO the working with the parent company's other gov't contracts is less problematic.

But Trump's in diffuclt postion. dang if he does dang if he doesn't. But i suspect the ...as with most other principles of the right lately... the idea of REAL capitalism without gov't pressures and kick-backs will be kicked to the curb by those that deem it "practical" for gov't to control/cajole/paidoff businesses to SAVE AMERICAN JOBS.

Anyone who wants to promote principles is just being IDEALISTIC and out of touch with reality, 'we can NEVER do it that way'. 'Are you a businessman?!'
    But Frankly I suspect if Palin, Coulter or most other R or D had jobs at Carrier they wouldn't be complaining much.
    (unless Obama did it instead of Trump)
    this kind of thing was brought up re the Auto bailouts. A bad precedent is set. The auto kingpins can be as reckless as they want to be because they have a safety net: The taxpayer. Too big to fail. Semirelated: I am a firm believer in CEOs being paid in stock options.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Coulter and Palin need to be controversial to stay relevant

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Coulter and Palin need to be controversial to stay relevant
    That's what drives you to be such a twit!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

pete. Gettin' kinda tired of your child-like behavior here. I told my wife about how stupid you are here, and she laughed, then told me; while she was out shopping for groceries today. While driving. She accidentally hit a SHIT EATIN' DOG. So..she SAVED YOUR LIFE.
    Last edited by aboutime; 12-03-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    So, this is for them.