Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Drummond;846335]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

Mankind lives according to rules and moralities. Remove them, and in all probability the result would be a reason-less savage .. self destructive (and to others) in the extreme.

But God is only one entity. All seeing, all knowing, the totality of wisdom ... He can do anything at all and achieve good from it.

Trying to tie God into human morality is like trying to catch air with a butterfly net. Air exists. The butterfly net exists. Each serve their purpose. But the butterfly net is totally incapable of achieving the task of harnessing something outside of its parameters. God is most definitely outside of any human-constructed parameters you care to suggest.

Creating the contrast which gives good a definable meaning, is itself an act of good, since good is facilitated by it. That contrast is its polar opposite. As 'bad' as Satan is, nonetheless, Satan's existence serves a wider purpose, and that purpose is to give good its meaning to those needing that meaning.

Yes.

But to try to choose not to would be impossible, without first knowing even as a mere concept the very thing I was consciously trying NOT to do !

We all, every one of us, have the capacity to make, or not to make, that choice ... on a 'case-by-case' basis, every day of our lives. Since nobody is perfect, nobody will ever attain a perfect record of 'goodness' in their lives. But the ability to always TRY to, is there.

I think I've covered everything else you've raised, Gnostic. Mankind, though made in God's image, is NOT God. Therefore, we cannot be compared to God on a 'like-for-like' basis. Try achieving artificial life in a test tube, Gnostic, and then saying that the single celled entity you've created is comparable to the scientist who created it ... that 'equivalences' can be inferred between them !!

Regards
    'D'.
    When saying we are in God's image, we are talking about Gods mental or thinking mage.

You seem to think we cannot think as he does, which is belied by Genesis that says we became as Gods, in the knowing of good and evil.

That is having God's reasoning ability.

Not how in this quote,

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

God is telling you that you do have what it takes o judge if God himself is good or evil.

Do try to be an adult instead of an unthinking child.

You can do this is you forget your conditioned reflex of subservience.
    Or remain an immoral child instead of growing up.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You are right that my truth is not your truth.

Your truth says that killing when you can just as easily cure is good.

Mine says that that is pure evil.

I am correct in terms of the goden rule.

Regards
    DL
    You assume what is MY truth.

You don't know Jack Shit about me.

You talk in circles, never reaching a solid point.

What a weak Troll you are.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

Elessar. I captured a shot of Gnostic today...and boy. does he stink?

And gives a bad name to EVIL.
    Last edited by aboutime; 12-05-2016 at 10:49 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Gnostic If i can sum up your answers to my questions but 1st i gotta rant a moment

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts
    YOU start by saying God is evil. OK, you win, so from there where do YOU go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic
    It is not I that you need to ask that question of. It is your friends who idol worship an evil God that must decide what o do about that fact.
    um why can't you just answer a question?
    I'm ASKING YOU.. not "my friends".
    YOU assert you have the RIGHT answers so give them please.
    Gnostic look the kind of answers you are giving are worse than asking a leftist Hillary supporters about the virtues of Hillary But all they keep harping on is how bad TRUMP is. But look I'm not asking about TRUMP, I'm asking about Hillary. don't ask me go the Trump friends. I'm ASKING YOU.
    why is that such a hard concept for you to work with?
    If I ask a Hindu about their faith they'll tell me about Karma, the Vedas etc..
    If I Ask a Mormon about their faith they'll talk a Jesus but if asked they will talk about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.
    But when i ask you about your's all you do is cry about how WRONG Christian faith is. Whats up with that!!!

What do you Believe Gnostic, I'm not asking what you DON'T or your opinion about MY and "my friends" faith.

But Ok end of rant.
    for the rest of your answers if i strip out the negs about God that are your baseline. Basically my take away is you say.

"Correct, I cannot prove anyone to be good,"
    ok fine people are not good or at least not completely or provably good

"
    As to Satan, her kill record" is very bad
    Ok, so Satan is a female and a killer ... a serial killer.

"I am more moral than" evil persons
    Ok, so you are MORE moral that persons you think are evil. because you'd do WHATEVER you had in your power to help people. Ok so what do you do for a living Gnostic. Are you a doctor a nurse a fireman, you do much volunteer work, what kind of percentage of your funds to you give to help others. Do you make clean water, are you fighting dictators, protesting for the rights of handicapped children, refugees?
    You morality is better than evil persons so i'm just trying to get a baseline here on what you consider the moral level of helping and morality compared to evil persons who have power but seemingly do nothing.

"I see a lot more good in the world than evil."
    Ok that's cool you see more good than evil, as in people are basically good or something? Ok that's fine but I'm not sure how that aligns with your earlier statement that you can't "prove anyone good." so what good are you seeing exactly?
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-06-2016 at 12:08 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

weak is giving this ass too much credit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    weak is giving this ass too much credit.
    You notice us Navy types don't like you?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Gnostic I have to leave this for a while SO I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

hopefully that's something your faith ...whatever it is... can consider.
    I hope the best for you, in the name of Jesus Christ and God the 1 creator of all and sustainer of all the good you see.
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-06-2016 at 05:38 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gnostic Christian Bishop;846337]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

When saying we are in God's image, we are talking about Gods mental or thinking mage.

You seem to think we cannot think as he does, which is belied by Genesis that says we became as Gods, in the knowing of good and evil.

That is having God's reasoning ability.

Not how in this quote,

God is telling you that you do have what it takes o judge if God himself is good or evil.

Do try to be an adult instead of an unthinking child.

You can do this is you forget your conditioned reflex of subservience.
    Or remain an immoral child instead of growing up.

Regards
    DL

Thanks for your insults. You must be losing the argument ....

Being good or bad doesn't have as much to do with 'reasoning ability' as you like to suggest. Tell me, do we as humans possess God's intelligence ? Do we have His knowledge ? YES or NO ?

How much of a person's reasoning ability is dependent on each of these things ?

I do not claim to be at all 'equal' to God. Nobody can claim that, and to try to is an exercise in insanity (and arrogance). No -- we have God as our spiritual mentor, if you will. We depend on His guidance in these things.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Merry Christmas, Gnostic. May God bless you and your family throughout the holiday period.

12. Thanks Gunny, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
    DL
    Wanna go lay on a hammock together buddy?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Gnostic If i can sum up your answers to my questions but 1st i gotta rant a moment

um why can't you just answer a question?
    I'm ASKING YOU.. not "my friends".
    YOU assert you have the RIGHT answers so give them please.
    Gnostic look the kind of answers you are giving are worse than asking a leftist Hillary supporters about the virtues of Hillary But all they keep harping on is how bad TRUMP is. But look I'm not asking about TRUMP, I'm asking about Hillary. don't ask me go the Trump friends. I'm ASKING YOU.
    why is that such a hard concept for you to work with?
    If I ask a Hindu about their faith they'll tell me about Karma, the Vedas etc..
    If I Ask a Mormon about their faith they'll talk a Jesus but if asked they will talk about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.
    But when i ask you about your's all you do is cry about how WRONG Christian faith is. Whats up with that!!!

What do you Believe Gnostic, I'm not asking what you DON'T or your opinion about MY and "my friends" faith.

But Ok end of rant.
    for the rest of your answers if i strip out the negs about God that are your baseline. Basically my take away is you say.

"Correct, I cannot prove anyone to be good,"
    ok fine people are not good or at least not completely or provably good

"
    As to Satan, her kill record" is very bad
    Ok, so Satan is a female and a killer ... a serial killer.

"I am more moral than" evil persons
    Ok, so you are MORE moral that persons you think are evil. because you'd do WHATEVER you had in your power to help people. Ok so what do you do for a living Gnostic. Are you a doctor a nurse a fireman, you do much volunteer work, what kind of percentage of your funds to you give to help others. Do you make clean water, are you fighting dictators, protesting for the rights of handicapped children, refugees?
    You morality is better than evil persons so i'm just trying to get a baseline here on what you consider the moral level of helping and morality compared to evil persons who have power but seemingly do nothing.

"I see a lot more good in the world than evil."
    Ok that's cool you see more good than evil, as in people are basically good or something? Ok that's fine but I'm not sure how that aligns with your earlier statement that you can't "prove anyone good." so what good are you seeing exactly?
    Basically, you ask what good I see in the word and what A Gnostic Christian will believe or think like.

Have a look first at why I see more good than evil in the world.

When you factor in that most markers that we state are evil, like murder, crimes, slavery etc., they ae all at the best rates that we have ever enjoyed.

As to Gnostic Christianity.

Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Gnostic I have to leave this for a while SO I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

hopefully that's something your faith ...whatever it is... can consider.
    I hope the best for you, in the name of Jesus Christ and God the 1 creator of all and sustainer of all the good you see.
    Now why would you use the name of your scapegoat, Jesus and show the immorality of your thinking?

Would you punish an innocent son while letting the guilty one off the hook?

If not, why have you embraced God doing so?

If that little question does not hurt your head, then you are not a moral man.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Drummond;846361]

Thanks for your insults. You must be losing the argument ....

Being good or bad doesn't have as much to do with 'reasoning ability' as you like to suggest. Tell me, do we as humans possess God's intelligence ? Do we have His knowledge ? YES or NO ?

How much of a person's reasoning ability is dependent on each of these things ?

I do not claim to be at all 'equal' to God. Nobody can claim that, and to try to is an exercise in insanity (and arrogance). No -- we have God as our spiritual mentor, if you will. We depend on His guidance in these things.
    Explain what kind of spiritual mentoring you think you can get from a genocidal son murderer?

As to thinking like God. Do you believe your own scriptures hat say you?

http://biblehub.com/genesis/3-22.htm

I would add this one as well.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Merry Christmas, Gnostic. May God bless you and your family throughout the holiday period.
    Thanks, yours as well.

Regards
    DL