Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Participation Trophy Rant.

Louisville Womens's Coach Speaks out, and makes sense:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/0...m_medium=email
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He's absolutely spot on 100% correct. It boils down to people not wanting to hurt the feelings of kids, so give them some sort of trophy then. But that's wrong. They should be teaching them about the sports, how to win AND how to lose. How to be gracious at both. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. You teach them to work harder for their goals and come back next year and try again.

I can't even count how many years of football, baseball, soccer (1 lame year) or wrestling - in which I didn't get jack shit. And not once did I look around for my participation trophy, it was unheard of back then.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He's absolutely spot on 100% correct. It boils down to people not wanting to hurt the feelings of kids, so give them some sort of trophy then. But that's wrong. They should be teaching them about the sports, how to win AND how to lose. How to be gracious at both. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. You teach them to work harder for their goals and come back next year and try again.

I can't even count how many years of football, baseball, soccer (1 lame year) or wrestling - in which I didn't get jack shit. And not once did I look around for my participation trophy, it was unheard of back then.
    Aye! There is no challenge in just showing up! I have an album full of letters, medals, and ribbons from football,
    wrestling, and track. And some from intramural swimming.

Not a one says "Participation".

It was always "Suck it up Cupcake, and get better...just wearing the jersey does not make you special".
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!