Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Chrome extensions

If you're running Chrome, what extensions do you like and are must haves? I'm new to the game, but what I have so far, in order they show in my extensions list:

Adblock Plus
    Chrome Remote Desktop
    Click&Clean
    FB Purity
    Google Dictionary
    Imgur Uploader
    Simple Fill
    Ultidash
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Didn't get Domain Blocker, eh? Takes a little effort but it's well worth it - I hate my computer wasting time and energy responding to lowlife advertisers.

I have :

AdBlock (not to be confused with AdBlocker)
    Personal Blocklist
    Domain Blocker
    Webroot Filtering Extension (from my AV, which I think is the best)

I try to keep my addons down, as you know every one takes a bit of performance away from your machine.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Didn't get Domain Blocker, eh? Takes a little effort but it's well worth it - I hate my computer wasting time and energy responding to lowlife advertisers.

I have :

Personal Blocklist
    Domain Blocker

I try to keep my addons down, as you know every one takes a bit of performance away from your machine.
    I did get it, and it's still there, just disabled for now. I wasn't in the mood for the effort at the time. Even with that small list I have, I must have installed like 150 extensions!! I'm sure that one I will get back to, hence it still being there for now.

C'mon, you have to have more than just those 4, no?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I did get it, and it's still there, just disabled for now. I wasn't in the mood for the effort at the time. Even with that small list I have, I must have installed like 150 extensions!! I'm sure that one I will get back to, hence it still being there for now.

C'mon, you have to have more than just those 4, no?
    Nope. I run lean & mean!

You know how that is - it only takes one that has shoddy code in it and suddenly your previously lightning-fast machine is crawling.

150? Dudeman, that's crazy. There's no way you need all those. Is Chrome running like IE now?

6. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I have :

Personal Blocklist
    Domain Blocker

I want to kill them all. Add the tube to the list. I want to know who buys this crap. Probably voted for Hitlery.

I am an unrequited ass. The last thing I'll buy is some crap you relentlessly try to shove down my throat. That idiot from My Pillow is in the top 5. Advertisers have ruined the net, far as I'm concerned.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I should clarify... I only have 4 active... there's more for MS Office extensions and the like, but I turn those on when I need them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I want to kill them all. Add the tube to the list. I want to know who buys this crap. Probably voted for Hitlery.

I am an unrequited ass. The last thing I'll buy is some crap you relentlessly try to shove down my throat. That idiot from My Pillow is in the top 5. Advertisers have ruined the net, far as I'm concerned.
    Seriously, Gunny, get this :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lidom?hl=en-US

You will punch yourself in the face for not having it years ago. No more ads, even in videos on youtube. That extension by itself removes 99% of all ads on the internet.

PM me your number and I'll call you to walk you through installing it if you're unsure. It literally takes less than 10 seconds to download & install.

This is only if you have Chrome as your browser, though!
    Last edited by NightTrain; 12-17-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Seriously, Gunny, get this :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lidom?hl=en-US

You will punch yourself in the face for not having it years ago. No more ads, even in videos on youtube. That extension by itself removes 99% of all ads on the internet.

PM me your number and I'll call you to walk you through installing it if you're unsure. It literally takes less than 10 seconds to download & install.

This is only if you have Chrome as your browser, though!
    ey

New computer. I hate it. And I hate Jim who was going to help me and forgot I existed.

Besides, I thought this thread was going to be about Harley's.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nope. I run lean & mean!

You know how that is - it only takes one that has shoddy code in it and suddenly your previously lightning-fast machine is crawling.

150? Dudeman, that's crazy. There's no way you need all those. Is Chrome running like IE now?
    Exaggeration. I have those you see installed. Probably installed maybe 15 more as tests, and uninstalled them as they sucked.

FF was eating anywhere from 250-1gig of my memory. Chrome has only went over 300 on me once! And normally it's running between 150-200.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

New computer. I hate it. And I hate Jim who was going to help me and forgot I existed.
    Not true you dirty bastard!!

We need to get that Chrome Remote Desktop somehow magically installed on your computer, and then I can help remotely so much easier and better. Walking people through things is so much more difficult.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Not true you dirty bastard!!

We need to get that Chrome Remote Desktop somehow magically installed on your computer, and then I can help remotely so much easier and better. Walking people through things is so much more difficult.
    The actual number one problem we have here is my daughter has the cheesiest WiFi in the universe. I can hand deliver crap quicker than this. I think the cat has more RAM and his fat butt hasn't moved in hours.

I still hate you anyway. It's that whole breathing thing you do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The actual number one problem we have here is my daughter has the cheesiest WiFi in the universe. I can hand deliver crap quicker than this. I think the cat has more RAM and his fat butt hasn't moved in hours.

I still hate you anyway. It's that whole breathing thing you do.
    Another one who talks like my wife.

Yes, if the speed is horrendous, then everything sucks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

ey

Besides, I thought this thread was going to be about Harley's.
    Just go to that link I posted, and click the big green button that says "Add to Chrome". It'll tell you when it's been added and you'll thank me in your prayers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Just go to that link I posted, and click the big green button that says "Add to Chrome". It'll tell you when it's been added and you'll thank me in your prayers.
    I don't think I'm using Chrome anymore. Have to look, This PC does what it wants. It's pre-programmed to default to idiot sh*t best I can tell. I just haven't taken the time to screw with it. People keep annoying me.