Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Robert this is a touching and beautiful poem, and really makes me feel the spirit of Christmas. Very well done.
Which three stanzas did you replace, the last three? And do you mind if I ask why you changed them?
Thank you my friends Russ and Balu for reading this poem- a Narrative..
I changed the 2nd, 5th and 7th stanza's.....biggest reason for the changes, was to make the flow much smoother, give more detail to the story and effect far better rhyming!
I have now thrown the old poem away and rewritten this new finished version in my private journal.
Some might have read the old and found it just fine, but I saw that it needed more!
I hope I am right, as the garbage has been hauled away, and I can not replicate the poem exactly as it once was in original first draft form(as I rarely ever memorize my poems whole).
I have already had three poets on my home poetry site, beg me not to throw any of my original poetry away!
Each one citing its a mistake. I don't know..'maybe it is....-Tyr

Note- Big problem with changing as much as I did with this poem -is when you change one stanza--it directly effects the previous and the later stanza's.. Often they too must be adjusted--if not careful you may end up re-writing the entire poem!
I have done that before but it irks the living hell out of me to do so!
I bez a stubborn old dog methinks.. --Tyr