Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Seriously, I am pretty sappy in RL. You already know I can be every so sensitive, especially about my insensitivity. LOL!
    Ms Sensitivity. I'll have to remember that. I know you're sappy about your kids though and what it's like to not be home.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Both My Lady & I are "empty nesters". Her two are like mine, grown & gone.

So we just have the two fur girls and the pony (who shall be referred to as "Hairy Houdini" for her ability to get out of the back pasture)

But I hear Gunny, when we are up in Maine and have the older Grandkids, they can wear me out!
    I have quite a while before I get to that point. My youngest is only a freshman in HS and I have one who's a freshman in college. I know I'm going to be lonely when they do all finally move out. My daughter graduates wtih her Bio/chem degree this May and is planning to save for a few months and move out permanently in Aug. While my oldest should be out in the next month or so depending on the job interviews, he just graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I hope they live close enough to visit, but with all of them home for the first time in MONTHS it takes some getting used to.

4. Thanks Kathianne, Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

All our of my sons were home for the holiday this year. One coming off deployment and one heading out...two waiting. Interesting conversations between the old CSM, the CW3, the 2d LT, the soon to be CSM and one swabbie... nobody else had a clue what we were talking about!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post