Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    I wonder why?
    A person (Mozart is a Great composer) keep on replying being aware that he is on my ignore list...
    Can anybody tell me if honey-Gunny who is so funny is from Texas besides he is a Sarge?

No, Mr Russia is great, I'm you're worst nightmare. I'm raised and trained to kill every damned one of you, And I'm good at it. You think you're so smart and run your mouth, but that mouth can't talk you out of a 7,6 mm round at 16k ft per second. Because I'm such a dumbass grunt. you're nothing to me but soemting to aim at win an Mo4A1.

Just another tag on the jacket.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It might be just a little beside the specific point of the thread as I understand it to have evolved ... but a 'stop poking the bear' plea concerning Russia is just a 'bit' rich !!

Putin's Russia is showing signs of the belligerence the old Soviet Union was chronically afflicted with. Back are the days when its military forces would probe and challenge other countries' responses to them .. done in internationally illegal ways. I have in mind the great increase there's been of Russia planes encroaching on British airspace without having any legitimate justification for it .. for example.

Crimea speaks for itself -- a land grab, reminding one of the Soviets in taking over the full sovereignty of the Warsaw Pact countries, to maintain their idea of an empire.

Has Putin's belligerence ceased ? Will he henceforth conduct international affairs with due deference to international legality and decency??

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE HE WOULD, OR WILL ??

Tell you what, Balu. Maybe we should stop 'poking the bear' when the 'bear' stops poking us !!!!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Just my little observation but maybe this thread should be moved from the lounge, since is kinda went far south.
    Why would anybody here not expect Balu , a retired Russian officer, to defend his nation and do same as we would as we are??
    Move my post if need be but I say- we had damn well better start looking at China as the great threat!
    They only created and manufactured an anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missile designed specifically to destroy-AMERICAN AIRCRAFT CARRIERS!
    Anybody that may want to argue that my reasoning is wrong on this about China being the greater future threat, start a thread or go to the cage.
    Or just move this post there.... I am game...
    I always look for the greater threat myself , even in real life and its always stood me in good stead!
    China and Islam are the great future threats! -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Just my little observation but maybe this thread should be moved from the lounge, since is kinda went far south.
    Why would anybody here not expect Balu , a retired Russian officer, to defend his nation and do same as we would as we are??
    Move my post if need be but I say- we had damn well better start looking at China as the great threat!
    They only created and manufactured an anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missile designed specifically to destroy-AMERICAN AIRCRAFT CARRIERS!
    Anybody that may want to argue that my reasoning is wrong on this about China being the greater future threat, start a thread or go to the cage.
    Or just move this post there.... I am game...
    I always look for the greater threat myself , even in real life and its always stood me in good stead!
    China and Islam are the great future threats! -Tyr
    Little late to this party, huh, tyr? I had another mod look at it earlier. I won't mod my own fights.

Guess who else hasn't shown? I don't care that he defends his country. I expect nothing less. I DO care about him talking down to people. And if he's going to bring it, then bring it. I stand and fight. I expect the same from anyone claiming to be a warrior.
    Last edited by Gunny; 01-06-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Little late to this party, huh, tyr? I had another mod look at it earlier. I won't mod my own fights.

Guess who else hasn't shown? I don't care that he defends his country. I expect nothing less. I DO care about him talking down to people. And if he's going to bring it, then bring it. I stand and fight. I expect the same from anyone claiming to be a warrior.
    I have no problem with you guys battling. I have no problem with Balu defending his country as we do that in spades ourselves.
    I just wanted to point out that Russia is not now our top enemy.
    Thus, I take no side in this battle you guys are waging.

I stand and fight. I expect the same from anyone claiming to be a warrior.
    ^^ Well said! As does every ---True Southern Man--- my friend. We agree as we are both Southern born and bred.

Balu, does what he thinks best, so I am no part of his attitude or his posts here, unless he mentions me specifically or comments to me directly- as he often does in the Creative Writing sub-forum -about my poetry.

Myself, I find him very interesting and a great source to learn from...
    So we have private chats and each learn from our discussions... Know this, he is a very intelligent man..

Carry on.. I am just clearing up my previous comment and what I meant about our true top enemies being China and Islam.. , -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I have no problem with you guys battling. I have no problem with Balu defending his country as we do that in spades ourselves.
    I just wanted to point out that Russia is not now our top enemy.
    Thus, I take no side in this battle you guys are waging.

^^ Well said! As does every ---True Southern Man--- my friend. We agree as we are both Southern born and bred.

Balu, does what he thinks best, so I am no part of his attitude or his posts here, unless he mentions me specifically or comments to me directly- as he often does in the Creative Writing sub-forum -about my poetry.

Myself, I find him very interesting and a great source to learn from...
    So we have private chats and each learn from our discussions... Know this, he is a very intelligent man..

Carry on.. I am just clearing up my previous comment and what I meant about our true top enemies being China and Islam.. , -Tyr
    Tyr, I'm not going to argue right or wrong here, just want to throw some stuff out.

You mention Islam, for good reasons.

Remembering the USSR and the system of government, local and geopolitical during the Cold War, how did they engage in that War? Who were their proxies?

Syria, Iran, Turkey, are three prominent allies of Russia.

Putin seems and has for since arriving on the world's stage, very much wanting to return to at minimum the 'greatness' achieved under the USSR regime.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm certainly hoping that Trump accomplishes so much that there are lots of people saying, "We're so tired of winning!" I really do.

It does concern me that everything 'good' that has happened with the jobs, stock market, etc., is unquestioningly being attributed to Trump by so many, while everything bad is attributed to the press or Obama. Both of which undoubtedly have truthful bits. Lord knows, I've never been a fan of either Obama or the media, nor of Trump.

Now it's possible that healthy skepticism will return shortly after the inauguration, though undoubtedly Obama will come along and restart the partisanship war. Still, I remain optimistic that the love affair with Russia, Putin, and our own big government spending will calm down some, but not so far.

Right now though, just came across this article from the disreputable WaPo, that nevertheless addresses some of what I wrote above to Tyr regarding our non-enemy, Russia:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.2125f33a2b57

The two types of Republicans who abandoned onetime opposition to support Vladimir Putin. By James Kirchick January 6 at 11:39 AM

For decades, anti-communism united conservatives behind the Republican Party. An otherwise disparate collection of national security hawks, free-market enthusiasts and social traditionalists rallied to the GOP, resolutely committed to checking Soviet influence around the world. All of these constituencies had reason to despise godless, revolution-exporting Bolsheviks. Although Russia no longer subscribes to Marxist-Leninist doctrine, it still presents a threat to the United States, its allies and the liberal world order. Witness its aggression against Ukraine, its intervention in Syria and its support for extremists across Europe.

In Donald Trump, the GOP nominated the most pro-Russian U.S. presidential candidate since Henry Wallace, whose 1948 bid on the Progressive Party ticket was largely run by communists. Throughout last year’s campaign, Trump lavished praise on Russian President (and career KGB agent) Vladimir Putin, attacked NATO and encouraged the Kremlin to hack his Democratic opponent’s emails. He even proposed recognizing Russia’s annexation of the Crimean Peninsula — the first violent European land grab since World War II — a move that would put the United States in the company of Cuba and North Korea. Since the election, he has openly contradicted the intelligence community’s finding that Moscow tampered in our democracy, calling such claims a “political witch-hunt.”

In his victory, Trump is bringing other Republicans along with him. GOP attitudes toward Russia began improving dramatically after Trump announced his candidacy: In July 2014, four months after Putin annexed Crimea, only 10 percent of Republicans held a favorable opinion of Russia’s president, according to an Economist/YouGov poll. Today, that figure is 37 percent. A recent poll by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs found that, while 65 percent of Americans support a congressional inquiry into Russian election interference, a narrow majority (51 percent ) of Republicans oppose it. And a survey released this past week by HuffPost/YouGov showed that 82 percent of Hillary Clinton voters want to maintain sanctions imposed on Moscow in response to its meddling, while only 16 percent of Trump voters do. Now that Russia has dropped its official atheism and anti-capitalism, claiming to be the protector of traditional values and Christendom, a growing number of American conservatives are receptive to Trump’s Russian rapprochement.

Pro-Russian converts on the American right appear to take two forms. The opportunists simply want power and are willing to sacrifice principles in pursuit of it. The ideologues, meanwhile, see Russia as nothing worse than an occasional nuisance, if not a potential ally in the fight against Islamic extremism.

Though the opportunists outnumber the ideologues, it’s the true believers who could pose the greatest damage to U.S. foreign policy over the long term. Their proposed strategic realignment with Moscow, predicated upon shared opposition to vaguely defined “Islamic terrorism,” is seductive but wrong: Far from being a potential partner in the fight against Islamic terrorism, Russia does much to stoke it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ain't getting my ass involved, I like all involved. But I will say this much - I believe one should not ignore another if they are currently talking smack about that person. Take it to the cage and be a man and go back and forth - OR - do as Tyr says, defend your country, which is honorable of one to do and expected. But ignoring and poking at the same time? I would say either properly go back and forth - or 'completely' ignore someone and not poke at them. My 2 cents, which isn't even worth that much 'round these parts.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Tyr, I'm not going to argue right or wrong here, just want to throw some stuff out.

You mention Islam, for good reasons.

Remembering the USSR and the system of government, local and geopolitical during the Cold War, how did they engage in that War? Who were their proxies?

Syria, Iran, Turkey, are three prominent allies of Russia.

Putin seems and has for since arriving on the world's stage, very much wanting to return to at minimum the 'greatness' achieved under the USSR regime.
    Correction, ma'am. Turkey is an ally of Turkey. Turks think they are better than all of us. Any deal anyone makes with them need to keep your hand on your wallet. I lived in that place for 2+ years. Only we think we destroyed the Ottoman Empire. No one has convinced them a bit.

As far as the other part goes, I was born and bred to kill commies. Got to be able to find them first. One seems to be noticeably missing (I didn't do it).