Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balu View Post
    And you care?
    Everybody has own vision on anything and has a right to express his/her thoughts this or that way. It is normal. We in Russia see it everyday in our Mass Media and are accustomed to this.
    True that, Russia is renowned as a bastion of free expression, and don't let any dead jurnolists tell you otherwise (:
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

And you care?
    Everybody has own vision on anything and has a right to express his/her thoughts this or that way. It is normal. We in Russia see it everyday in our Mass Media and are accustomed to this.
    LOL! You be funny. Had trouble with the sentence that advised to 'consider the source,' I guess.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    True that, Russia is renowned as a bastion of free expression, and don't let any dead jurnolists tell you otherwise (:
    If you were lucky to know Russian you could have seen how wrong you are with your sarcasm.

Examples:
    http://echo.msk.ru/
    http://www.kommersant.ru/
    http://www.ng.ru/

If you are really interested in this subject, try to find a Russian speaking friend of yours and look together with him at least through these issues.
    Should you succeed to persuade him, viewing daily program '60 Minutes' on TV Russia-1 (available on the Internet).
    You will discover a completely different world.
    Last edited by Balu; 01-14-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Not sure I'm on board with the whole negative line of respones, logging on to a batch of 'piss off' notifications ain't something anybody wants. But if it's generally agreed that that's what this place needs then fair enough.
    It wasn't like we 'need' anything, I added it at request, and if kicked back enough, I can disable it. But until then - one can more or less disable it, receive zero notifications and nothing shows up on their postbit (which is the display when you post). Look at the bottom of this post....

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I don't see the difference between thanking a post and liking a post. Seems like they serve the same function.
    Example... Someone can "thank" me for my explanation to Noir, as it may be helpful, therefore the thanks. If I post a cute pic of a dog, someone can click 'like'. Are they extremely similar - yeps. And again, we're toying with it, and it can be disabled. I bought the PRO version of the thanks system solely for the ability to add AND delete thanks if someone did it accidentally. The ability to add the likes AND any new button is just a bonus.

Anyone who doesn't like it - go to your settings (VERY top right of the board). Scroll ALL the way to the bottom left and click on "DBTech Advanced Post/Thanks settings"...

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

If you were lucky to know Russian you could have seen how wrong you are with your sarcasm.

Examples:
    http://echo.msk.ru/
    http://www.kommersant.ru/
    http://www.ng.ru/

If you are really interested in this subject, try to find a Russian speaking friend of yours and look together with him at least through these issues.
    Should you succeed to persuade him, viewing daily program '60 Minutes' on TV Russia-1 (available on the Internet).
    You will discover a completely different world.
    Example: little babies who think they have me on ignore. What a bunch of wimps. You all have one-sided statements but won't come out and defend them. Pussies.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! You be funny. Had trouble with the sentence that advised to 'consider the source,' I guess.
    I don't think I have a problem with understanding your advice to 'consider the source'. I am speaking about Russian tolerance to pluralism of opinions worked out by a lack of censorship in Russia. And I realize that it may sound strange for Americans.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't think I have a problem with understanding your advice to 'consider the source'. I am speaking about Russian tolerance to pluralism of opinions worked out by a lack of censorship in Russia. And I realize that it may sound strange for Americans.

Lack of censorship in Russia. Is this the joke of the day? Oh and tolerance? This post is better than an episode of World's Dumbest. I used to live right across the Black Sea from you and my dad spied on your not so brilliant tail ends. Want to run that one by me again?

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. But don't try and piss down my neck and tell me it's raining. And if you need a reference, it's from "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just want to add, as to the piss off, and it's use thus far. It appears I win!!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks Balu thanked this post
    Likes Balu liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Jim. Some members...who should remain nameless; DO HAVE AN OPTION if they dislike the Thanks System, or any other content here on DP. And that option would make many other members VERY, VERY, HAPPY.

They can just Go Away, or stop their WHINING.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Just want to add, as to the piss off, and it's use thus far. It appears I win!!!

People actually click on that button? Just shaking my head.

15. Piss Off jimnyc says piss off for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I disabled the "piss off" portion of the system. I think a thanks or a like should be plenty enough. In addition to that, we also have the rep system which allows for both positive and negative. This removal wasn't for any person or it's usage. Just after seeing it as an option one too many times, it didn't seem like something we should be embracing, nor something that really fits with who we are.

File any complaints into Gunny's PM box.

17. Likes Balu liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I disabled the "piss off" portion of the system. I think a thanks or a like should be plenty enough. In addition to that, we also have the rep system which allows for both positive and negative. This removal wasn't for any person or it's usage. Just after seeing it as an option one too many times, it didn't seem like something we should be embracing, nor something that really fits with who we are.

File any complaints into Gunny's PM box.
    Maybe this is reasonable.
    (A.Pushkin)

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post