Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Trump Says 'Very Dishonest Press Does Not Want to Report' on Terror

Trump Says 'Very Dishonest Press Does Not Want to Report' on Terror
    Good Morning America By TOM KUTSCH
    23 minutes ago



President Trump on Monday lambasted the "dishonest press" for what he says is an unwillingness to report on terrorist attacks.

"We have seen what happened in Paris, Nice, all over Europe," Trump said while speaking at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida in his address to U.S. service members. "It has gotten to a point where it is not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press does not want to report it."

Trump did not specify any particular incidents that had been omitted from coverage.

"They [the press] have their reasons, and you understand that," he said.

During a subsequent press gaggle aboard Air Force One, White House press secretary Sean Spicer appeared to double down on the president's claim, saying there were several instances of the media under-reporting terrorist attacks.
    View gallery
    Trump Says 'Very Dishonest Press Does Not Want …
    Trump Says 'Very Dishonest Press Does Not Want to Report' on Terror (ABC News)

"There's a lot of instances that have occurred where I don't think they've gotten the coverage it's deserved and I think that's what the president was clearly referring to there," Spicer said.

Spicer did not offer any specific examples at the time, but said he believed that while some attacks or foiled attacks "barely [get] coverage," extensive reporting has been done on some protests. Spicer also said the White House would provide a list of underreported attacks later.

During his brief remarks at the headquarters of the U.S. Central Command, the president seemed to make reference to his executive order banning immigration and visas from seven Muslim-majority nations that is currently the subject of a number of legal challenges.

"We need strong programs," he said, adding that "people that want to destroy us and want to destroy our country" must be kept out.

Trump went on to defend NATO while simultaneously saying members of the alliance were not making "full and proper contributions."

Echoing President Ronald Reagan, Trump said the U.S. military should be guided by the mantra "Peace Through Strength," before repeating his campaign refrain "America First."
    Here he is yet again, a real leader --doing what the obambastard refused to do.
    Speaking out openly and taking action instead of cowering and appeasing as the bambastard and the lousy dems did!

Startling, the difference between to two- Trump a true leader , a patriot , and the obamabastard- a fraud , a liar and a damn traitor! --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Perhaps our very dishonest president should check things out before he sends out his ignorant tweets. Of course, the press did let us down by covering up the Bowling Green massacre. And the refuse to press the issue about our mentally unstable president and how much damage he is doing to the country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Perhaps our very dishonest president should check things out before he sends out his ignorant tweets. Of course, the press did let us down by covering up the Bowling Green massacre. And the refuse to press the issue about our mentally unstable president and how much damage he is doing to the country.

Trump is dishonest? You voted for a criminal who should be in prison. Maybe you need your head examined? I don't like Trump. But so far I don't see where he is in violation of the United States Code -- which is law -- and getting away with it. And, while I don't like him, there's nothing mentally unstable about him. I'd rather have him as President than someone that by all laws, rights and regulations should be in Leavenworth.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

So, you think he's more dishonest than Hillary? Seriously?

I don't think Trump is causing as much damage to our country as the progressive liberal snowflakes running around like chicken little.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

While we're at it, tell us about all the crimes that Hillary Clinton was convicted of. Not the ones that you THINK she committed, or the ones you WANTED her convicted. The ones the FBI or the courts convicted her off. Trump is delusional and mentally incompetent. Yes, he got elected, but so did Hitler. The media reports on terror attacks. And protests. And Trump's other falsehoods. Missed the Bowling Green massacre, but no one's perfect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

While we're at it, tell us about all the crimes that Hillary Clinton was convicted of. Not the ones that you THINK she committed, or the ones you WANTED her convicted. The ones the FBI or the courts convicted her off. Trump is delusional and mentally incompetent. Yes, he got elected, but so did Hitler. The media reports on terror attacks. And protests. And Trump's otyout pamher falsehoods. Missed the Bowling Green massacre, but no one's perfect.
    You know nothing about life. Privileged little ass. Try watching someone bleed out. Then you can talk your pansy ass shit to me. You ever watch an African baby die in your arms? Fuck you. Sitting in your little hole back in the world talking shit.

You don't even want to come 0n this conversation whit me. Those were my brothers. I''ll rip your ass up 0ne side and down the other. Those are my bro's. fuck off and die.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You know nothing about life. Privileged little ass. Try watching someone bleed out. Then you can talk your pansy ass shit to me. You ever watch an African baby die in your arms? Fuck you. Sitting in your little hole back in the world talking shit.

You don't even want to come 0n this conversation whit me. Those were my brothers. I''ll rip your ass up 0ne side and down the other. Those are my bro's. fuck off and die.
    Whatever horrible trauma's you've been through are not relevant to the discussion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Whatever horrible trauma's you've been through are not relevant to the discussion
    It is as relevant as some La-La Land leftwingnut, pampered bullshit. I live in reality not some pipe dream.

As far as the topic goes, I give credit where it is due. Trump IS a leader. I'd rather be led by a leader trying to do the right thing than some loud mouth REMF that has an excuse to not get off the boat. Leaders make mistakes. What happens when you don't vacillate and make decisions.

Has nothing to do with any trauma and a LOT to do with having to lead. Lead, follow, or get the Hell out of my way.

What is NOT relevant to the conversation are those big-ass teardrops you lefties are leaving all over the damned place. You lost. Trump is President. Your criminal is not. Tissue?

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post