Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Toby Keith

I stole this from Kaimhel's profile on another forum.

It is really good!

I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Along with Lee Greenwood, Toby Keith is one of the most overrated hack artists in music. But if you enjoy songs about young country girls pinning their hair up and waiting for boys in cowboys hats driving old trucks to come by on a Saturday night for some drinking, partying and more drinking, Keith is about as good as it gets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I stole this from Kaimhel's profile on another forum.

It is really good!

One of his best! Love Toby Keith. I think it was 'Beer For My Horses' that I first heard from him.

I read somewhere that when he was trying to break out, one of the talent guys told him to pack up and go home - that he'd never make it.

That talent guy was fired when someone else picked him up and he made the bigtime.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Along with Lee Greenwood, Toby Keith is one of the most overrated hack artists in music. But if you enjoy songs about young country girls pinning their hair up and waiting for boys in cowboys hats driving old trucks to come by on a Saturday night for some drinking, partying and more drinking, Keith is about as good as it gets.

Poor gabby. Frustrated, insulted, and whining again that Keith, and Greenwood didn't describe her garbage can life in the Californication state of confusion.
    Typical of gabby to put anyone else down who IMITATES her, writes, and sings songs about her.
    Maybe Keith will write one just for you gabby...about how you have to look for Higher ground because the DAM is gonna collapse in Oroville, and all of your STATUS SYMBOLS may get washed away.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/arXuLdzVfQQ?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;le ft:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You self-miserable sack of douche.

I don't even like country music. Why do you inject you "I am a liberal and need to whine" over
    anyone that acts patriotic? Do you prefer Rap hack 'artists'? They can't do anything but chant and gyrate
    while some stooge rubs a record under a needle. When do any of your rap heroes declare patriotism?
    Answer: NEVER!

When is that flight you promised to Australia?

You need to grow the f*** up, my friend.
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-12-2017 at 11:47 PM.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Poor gabby. Frustrated, insulted, and whining again that Keith, and Greenwood didn't describe her garbage can life in the Californication state of confusion.
    Typical of gabby to put anyone else down who IMITATES her, writes, and sings songs about her.
    Maybe Keith will write one just for you gabby...about how you have to look for Higher ground because the DAM is gonna collapse in Oroville, and all of your STATUS SYMBOLS may get washed away.
    Oroville will not effect down there, if she is indeed in Orange County CA. But it is quite true SoCal takes water from NorCal and the Sierras
    because they have been too stupid to not build desalination plants. Shit...the Navy uses them on Aircraft Carriers and other major
    vessels. El Segundo plant and the one off Alimitos Bay would be easy conversions.

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I don't even like country music. Why do you inject you "I am a liberal and need to whine" over
    anyone that acts patriotic? Do you prefer Rap hack 'artists'? They can't do anything but chant and gyrate
    while some stooge rubs a record under a needle. When do any of your rap heroes declare patriotism?

It's her way of dealing with the butthurt.

11. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"Self-miserable sack of douche". THAT is a classic. It's too early for you to have me cracking up.

I like Toby Keith. He puts his money where his mouth is where vets are concerned. As a musical artist, I can't say I like a lot of his stuff. I like his funny crap. Go figure. We all know I'm warped. The best Trace Adkins video in the world to me is the one where that parody guy trashes Every Light in the House is On and Trace is chasing him around at the end.

As far as Gabby goes, she's not cool enough to be country. Always pissing on everyone else's parade. That get together someone was talking about in another thread? Gabby and Pete get their own table so they can have a teardrop contest. Who can flood this corner of the room fastest. WAIT ... THAT sounds like a country song.

See. I KNOW how to torture a leftwingnut. Screw water boarding. Put them in a room and make them listen tp anything patriotic and/or George Jones. I can get all the info I want within 15 minutes. And THAT is if they are trying to hold out.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why do you get butt hurt when I don't like YOUR heroes? I simply don't care for Toby Keith. Or Lee Greenwood. Or any of the "cowboy hat" guys who are more pop than country. And no, I don't care for rap. If you want to listen to authentic country music, women do it much better: Kacey Musgraves, Brandy Clark, Margo Price. At least they aren't pandering for dollars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Why do you get butt hurt when I don't like YOUR heroes? I simply don't care for Toby Keith. Or Lee Greenwood. Or any of the "cowboy hat" guys who are more pop than country. And no, I don't care for rap. If you want to listen to authentic country music, women do it much better: Kacey Musgraves, Brandy Clark, Margo Price. At least they aren't pandering for dollars.
    I don't like more pop than country either. Keith has a good song every few years. I love this bar is one of my favorites.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Who's butt hurt? I ain't crying all over the net because the person I wanted to be President isn't. I don't have to run to the potty every 3 minutes because things didn't go my way.

And I was raised by my grandfather the fiddle player? Jimmy Rogers on the Victrola. I'm about as like to listen to you tell me about country music as I am to regrow a full head of hair. I've also spent half my Marine Corps career stationed where you live. And part of my childhood when my dad was stationed there. You wouldn't know country music if the fiddle landed on your head. Who are those people? Never heard of them. Get some Allison Krauss. THAT is bluegrass country.

You sound like you belong on farmers only dot com. Dress like cowboys which farmers don't and the only hoe they ever held probably came off Sunset Strip.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Read my post again. I said I do not like country music; however I do like patriotic gestures which is
    something this nation needs. Country performers sing from the throat and nose....I don't not like that sound.
    I was taught to sing from the chest, and I was in choruses and small groups for years.

And it still does not explain your apparent preference to rap.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I don't see any reference I have made to rap or hip-hop. I don't like it and don't allow my daughter to listen to it. And anyone who likes folk and bluegrass should listen to Sarah Jarosz. She won two Grammys on Sunday night for her new album. My daughter turned me on to her a while back. I can deal with real country, but not the pop-country hybrid that is currently popular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yay, I don't like a song so I'll troll the thread instead of just moving on!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

21. Thanks Elessar thanked this post