Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Female Marine vets detail abuse by male Corps members

The prevailing rape culture in the U.S. military continues unabated. Apparently sexual exploitation is quite common practice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-sexual-abuse

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The prevailing rape culture in the U.S. military continues unabated. Apparently sexual exploitation is quite common practice.

Boys are boys and girls are girls. If you think for a second girls don't instigate that sh*t, and play their little games, you're in yet another thread over your head.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Boys are boys and girls are girls. If you think for a second girls don't instigate that sh*t, and play their little games, you're in yet another thread over your head.
    Without knowing anything of the situation that is a pretty disgusting view. Blame the victim.
    Last edited by pete311; 03-08-2017 at 11:08 PM.

6. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Without knowing anything of the situation that is a pretty disgusting view. Blame the victim.
    Pls, answer - Is pederasty and pedophilia normal or abnormal for human beings? And do call the things their names. Pederast is a pederast but nothing else. Don't like to hear it? - But it is your own choice and nobody forced you to make it.
    And pederasts must respect the others and hide their deviations deep under the blankets in their bedrooms.
    Last edited by Balu; 03-08-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

How about I got 21 years active duty in the Corps and I've seen the games? You make a column right past Iron Mike. If you left face, you go to Drill instructor school. If you right face, you're looking at the 4th Marine Recruit Battalion on MCRD Parris Island, SC. A third of them bit off more than they chew and just want out and will use any excuse to do so. A bunch just get pregnant. Preferably by a Marine because the Corps will garnish your wages and force you to pay child support like it or not.

And the mother of my children is a retired Marine. I used to listen to her and her friends talk. You might not like the game, but that's how it gets played. IMO, it screws it up for the rest that actually want to be Marines. But I learned as a LCpl not to get stuck one on one alone with a WM. You might not like that reality, but there it is. You chew their ass out and they go for the "he was trying to get me" excuse.

Once again, y'all are out of your skill zone. You're experts on the Coast Guard and now the Marine Corps. Too bad we don't have a Zoomie on board. You could tell them how to fly their shit. I bet you're Battle Surface Qualified too?

I bet you don't even know CPR.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-08-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

How about I got 21 years active duty in the Corps and I've seen the games?
    Nothing excuses the behavior. Nothing. Let me guess you blame rape victims too. How dare they wear a short skirt and wink at me. Must mean they want to rape them. Oh the games!
    Last edited by pete311; 03-09-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Nothing excuses the behavior. Nothing. Let me guess you blame rape victims too. How dare they wear a short skirt and wink at me. Must mean they want to rape them. Oh the games!
    I didn't excuse a behavior. I merely pointed out it's not a one-way street as presented. The game is played in both directions. My comment is based on situational awareness. You got horny young kids in restricted/controlled environments. Add in the head games. Yeah, dumbass guys should keep their sh*t in their pants. The women shouldn't be luring the guys to whip it out. Reality dictates ain't going to happen. It's like having a bunch of rabbits in a pen.

Playing politics ain't going to change that. Using it as a political excuse is not going to change it.

12. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

So now it's a "culture". Hmm...maybe we should present all the recent stories of teachers sexually exploiting their students. Might be some "culture" there as well. How about it Gabby? Are you part of the teacher's "culture of student sexual exploitation? It is, after all, "common practice"; I've seen several news story that tell me so!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I didn't excuse a behavior. I merely pointed out it's not a one-way street as presented. The game is played in both directions. My comment is based on situational awareness. You got horny young kids in restricted/controlled environments. Add in the head games. Yeah, dumbass guys should keep their sh*t in their pants. The women shouldn't be luring the guys to whip it out. Reality dictates ain't going to happen. It's like having a bunch of rabbits in a pen.

Playing politics ain't going to change that. Using it as a political excuse is not going to change it.
    Clearly we need to have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to fight for us. Maybe they could meet the moral (double) standards of Pete and Gabby...
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

16. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

anyone see the film "the General's daughter". I don't recommend it but it seems to reflect a bit of the attitude that seems to prevail on this issue.
    Basically the idea that,
    'the military is great, so don't make the military look bad by bringing up rape ...let alone many and serial rapes, murders, cover ups... and the like. God bless America'
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-09-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I didn't excuse a behavior. I merely pointed out it's not a one-way street as presented. The game is played in both directions.
    the RAPE game is played in both directions? So women are raping male marines Gunny?
    Or what's going on on the female's side is practically THE SAME as rape by some standards? So it's EQUALLY abusive is what what you seem to be saying here Gunny.
    unless you want to rephrase it.

Or do you just mean that the women "are asking for it"?
    I'm really trying to package your RAPE as "games" and "played in BOTH ways" comments here. they make ZERO sense to me.

My comment is based on situational awareness. You got horny young kids in restricted/controlled environments. Add in the head games. Yeah, dumbass guys should keep their sh*t in their pants. The women shouldn't be luring the guys to whip it out. Reality dictates ain't going to happen. It's like having a bunch of rabbits in a pen.
    I'd some what agree with that . the only problem is when guys whip it out and rape women it become a crime at that point. No matter how much teasing , real or imagined, is going on.
    "She teased me too much" is not an excuse for rape on the law books as far as i can tell.

I agree that women in military is a bad idea in general.

But it is Interesting that the Marines can discipline men to do and endure lot of unnatural and uncommon things but in this area they seem to expect marines to be guided by nothing but the worse of natural urges.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

And the mother of my children is a retired Marine. I used to listen to her and her friends talk. You might not like the game, but that's how it gets played.
    so what kind of things would they talk about?
    I'd try to guess but ...i wasn't there so i should have no speculations or opinions on the subject... as a "civilian" i guess.

please give us an idea of the games these woman talked about playing on the men and the military.
    you mentioned getting pregnant by a marine to get out.
    Ok for a female that might work, I'm guessing there are guys that have other ways to get out and play the military for money as well.
    I've never been in the military... but I've heard that some guys shoot or wound themselves and try and fake mental illness or other games.
    been like that well like forever.

IMO, it screws it up for the rest that actually want to be Marines. But I learned as a LCpl not to get stuck one on one alone with a WM. You might not like that reality, but there it is. You chew their ass out and they go for the "he was trying to get me" excuse.
    I'm sure that happens from time to time, happens in civilian life as well believe it or not. I thought i mentioned that since civilian life is out of your skill zone.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-09-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    anyone see the film "the General's daughter". I don't recommend it but it seems to reflect a bit of the attitude that seems to prevail on this issue.
    Basically the idea that,
    'the military is great, so don't make the military look bad by bringing up rape ...let alone many and serial rapes, murders, cover ups... and the like. God bless America'
    Cmon, Rev, you know that rape and the coverup of same occurs in civilian life as well. It happens in colleges and corporations across the nation. Rape is not unique to the military. For Gabby and others to suggest otherwise is just plain silly. Even the inference that the military should be held to higher moral standards than anyone else is pure snobbery at best.

Heck, we all know of the misdeeds (including rape) of our elected officials and celebrities and the coverups that ensued. Perhaps there is a culture of rape in our nation but it is certainly not condoned and is certainly not encouraged in the military or anywhere else that I know of.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Cmon, Rev, you know that rape and the coverup of same occurs in civilian life as well. It happens in colleges and corporations across the nation. Rape is not unique to the military. For Gabby and others to suggest otherwise is just plain silly. Even the inference that the military should be held to higher moral standards than anyone else is pure snobbery at best.

Heck, we all know of the misdeeds (including rape) of our elected officials and celebrities and the coverups that ensued. Perhaps there is a culture of rape in our nation but it is certainly not condoned and is certainly not encouraged in the military or anywhere else that I know of.
    "Rape culture" is kind of Loaded with baggage.
    And it is a fact that there's plenty of cover up and denials of the same on college campuses, in biz, the church, and certainly in the political arena ...to include child rape even.
    but that doesn't clear the type of cover ups or on going lightly/misaddressed problem of rapes... sometimes with murder... , that the military is solely responsible for, since they are such a hierarchal org with overt control of it's members, controlled environments and the power of self policing and prosecutions.

But sure everyone has the same level to aim for as far as the moral standard is concerned.
    But it seems true that the military seems to addressing the issue poorly. There seems to be a public face and then there's what really happens on the ground.

If you had a daughter in the military would you advise her to go to C.O.s that said things LIKE
    ...things go both ways... , ...women are teasing the men... ...women are looking for a way to get out or to game the military for money.... ...put men and women together and this is what you get...
    Should a service woman who was really raped sense she's going to get any back up or justice up the line?

No one "condones it" outright but the above is not really the kind of attitude that's trying to forcefully diminish it either. Add to it the the reports (from woman and men in service) of similar and worse attitudes and actions in the military.
    Seems to allow it.

And there's always those that don't like the military to be smeared as as org. in general, let alone with the idea that woman aren't safe among soldiers.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-09-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    "Rape culture" is kind of Loaded with baggage.
    And it is a fact that there's plenty of cover up and denials of the same on college campuses, in biz, the church, and certainly in the political arena ...to include child rape even.
    but that doesn't clear the type of cover ups or on going lightly/misaddressed addressed problem of rapes... sometimes with murder... , that the military is solely responsible for, since they are such a hierarchal org with overt control of it members, controlled environments and the power of self policing and prosecutions.

But sure everyone has the same level to aim for as far as the moral standard is concerned.
    But it seems true that the military seems to addressing the issue poorly. There seems to be a public face and then there's what really happens on the ground.

If you had a daughter in the military would you advise her to go to C.O.s that said things LIKE
    ...things go both ways... , ...women are teasing the men... ...women are looking for a way to get out or to game the military for money.... ...put men and women together and this is what you get...
    Should a service woman who was really raped sense she's going to get any back up or justice up the line?

No one "condones it" outright but the above is not really the kind of attitude that going to diminish it either.
    Seems to allow it.

And there's always those that don't like the military to be smeared as as org. in general, let alone with the idea that woman aren't safe among soldiers.
    All I can tell you is that in my almost 30 years of service, I have never seen any of the chains of command I was under EVER take rape, child abuse, sexual assault or sexual harassment lightly. Never saw anyone (other than the perpetrators) try to cover it up. I have seen women falsely accuse men (especially accusations against leaders at all levels) but even then those accusations taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

The same criteria you apply to the military could be said for civilians. Should any women who was raped sense she is going to get any backing or justice up the line when our elected officials, judicial officials , etc. all have a similar attitude? Again, implying that the situation is unique to the military is disingenuous at best.

By the way, "rape culture" was brought up by Gabby ... just saying

It is apparent to me that this whole topic was posted in the manner it was by Gabby solely to bash the military (as she does from time to time). Rape is unacceptable (IMO) under any circumstances!
    Thomas Jefferson