Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

One more thing, the military is not "responsible" for any rape of anyone. Individuals within the military are responsible ... generalizations like you present are misleading. The federal and state prison systems have "... a hierarchal org with overt control of it members, controlled environments and the power of self policing and prosecutions." and yet rape and cover-ups occur within those organizations as well.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Thanks jimnyc, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    One more thing, the military is not "responsible" for any rape of anyone. Individuals within the military are responsible ... generalizations like you present are misleading. The federal and state prison systems have "... a hierarchal org with overt control of it members, controlled environments and the power of self policing and prosecutions." and yet rape and cover-ups occur within those organizations as well.
    doesn't make sense there either does it?
    but at least there your dealing with mainly Undisciplined convicted criminals, who you don't expect much from.
    But our duly respected, well trained, well disciplined military should have practices and heroes that look out for the other members within the ranks rather than officials and "brothers in arms" that are predators and allowing predatory practices within the ranks seems to me.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I didn't excuse a behavior. I merely pointed out it's not a one-way street as presented.
    Yes it's one way. I don't care what the girls did. They did not deserve to have their unknowingly compromising photos circulated in a facebook group. If you read the report, it's totally disgusting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    the RAPE game is played in both directions? So women are raping male marines Gunny?
    Or what's going on on the female's side is practically THE SAME as rape by some standards? So it's EQUALLY abusive is what what you seem to be saying here Gunny.
    unless you want to rephrase it.

Or do you just mean that the women "are asking for it"?
    I'm really trying to package your RAPE as "games" and "played in BOTH ways" comments here. they make ZERO sense to me.

I'd some what agree with that . the only problem is when guys whip it out and rape women it become a crime at that point. No matter how much teasing , real or imagined, is going on.
    "She teased me too much" is not an excuse for rape on the law books as far as i can tell.

I agree that women in military is a bad idea in general.

But it is Interesting that the Marines can discipline men to do and endure lot of unnatural and uncommon things but in this area they seem to expect marines to be guided by nothing but the worse of natural urges.
    Did you read or comprehend one word I posted? I'm not condoning any behavior. I'm relating what I have SEEN, IN PERSON. Got a lot ov experience dealing with the crap. Where do you tink my first wife came from? She didn't miracle herself into my rack. She was a hot little PFC and I was a LCpl. On a base of 10 thousand males and about 300 females in the middle of the SoCal desert you think I was passing that up?

You go out on float with 2500 people on the shi p and maybe fifty are women. They got lines following them around all over the ship. In 29 Palms, when they first moved us into BEQ's some enterprising young ladies got busted within 2 weeks running a prostitution ring. That line of male Marines outside their door was no clue whatsoever.

I'm not telling you what should be. I'm telling you what is. Barbara Boxer hates me. I got stuck filling in for a Maj off being a tri-geek at the Pentagon. And I told her straght up "I don't know any men that want to be on these ships, much less women. But you politicians and General officers who will never have to do it are all for it". My Colonel was unpolitely told to never send that a=hole SSgt back. Mission accomplished.

My personal opinion? Anything that distracts from the mission gets people killed. Women, gays .. goats ... whatever. What you do on your off time is up to you. There ARE ... especially in the military ... consequences for your actions and there's no crying in baseball when you have to pay.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    doesn't make sense there either does it?
    but at least there your dealing with mainly Undisciplined convicted criminals, who you don't expect much from.
    But our duly respected, well trained, well disciplined military should have practices and heroes that look out for the other members within the ranks rather than officials and "brothers in arms" that are predators and allowing predatory practices within the ranks seems to me.
    They do indeed have practices and heroes that look out for others within the ranks. Your implication that there are ONLY "officials and brothers in arms that are predators and allowing predatory practices within the ranks" is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. No system is perfect... your attempt to single out the military for being imperfect in this case is, as I said, BULLSHIT.

Obviously there is room for improvement all around. I will say that as Gunny keeps pointing out, there is reality to deal with... humans are humans. It doesn't matter if it's on deployment while in the military, on a college/high school campus, in church or in the hallowed halls of Congress... there are dirtbags and there are "heroes" (as you put it). Let me know when you find ANY organization that doesn't have issues regarding gender, sex, money, etc.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

They do indeed have practices and heroes that look out for others within the ranks. Your implication that there are ONLY "officials and brothers in arms that are predators and allowing predatory practices within the ranks" is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. No system is perfect... your attempt to single out the military for being imperfect in this case is, as I said, BULLSHIT.

Obviously there is room for improvement all around. I will say that as Gunny keeps pointing out, there is reality to deal with... humans are humans. It doesn't matter if it's on deployment while in the military, on a college/high school campus, in church or in the hallowed halls of Congress... there are dirtbags and there are "heroes" (as you put it). Let me know when you find ANY organization that doesn't have issues regarding gender, sex, money, etc.
    Did I miss the use of the word "hero"? I can't ever read through his expand-a-post, out in left field crap. I HATE being called a "hero". I ain't Spidernan or some WWE wrestler. I did my job. Accomplish the mission and bring everyone home. Was easy when I was a troopy running around with just a spotter.

What seems to be vaulting over the brain housing groups is we ain't boots. WHen I retired I was Company Gunny. I was responsible for 153 people. each of which I decided were tards. But the mindset here is not like ours. I'm responsible morning, noon and night and if you're screwed up it's MY fault. These people clock out and they're done. I NEVER got to clock out.

I resent people coming on here and telling us our business. And for what's his name the commie's edification ... Nerve damage is on the right side. I'm left handed. I can still hit black at 1000 meters. Because I'm so uneducated.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Did I miss the use of the word "hero"? I can't ever read through his expand-a-post, out in left field crap. I HATE being called a "hero". I ain't Spidernan or some WWE wrestler. I did my job. Accomplish the mission and bring everyone home. Was easy when I was a troopy running around with just a spotter.

What seems to be vaulting over the brain housing groups is we ain't boots. WHen I retired I was Company Gunny. I was responsible for 153 people. each of which I decided were tards. But the mindset here is not like ours. I'm responsible morning, noon and night and if you're screwed up it's MY fault. These people clock out and they're done. I NEVER got to clock out.

I resent people coming on here and telling us our business. And for what's his name the commie's edification ... Nerve damage is on the right side. I'm left handed. I can still hit black at 1000 meters. Because I'm so uneducated.
    I get what you are saying, Gunny. It just irks me when some folks make general statements while having no inkling of how it works. You notice that neither Rev, Gabby or Pete mentioned that the young women involved should be investigated and/or punished as well. Many, if not all of them posed for those pictures yet they are not to be held accountable. It's a boatload of crap.
    Thomas Jefferson

11. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It is apparent to me that this whole topic was posted in the manner it was by Gabby solely to bash the military (as she does from time to time).
    Yeps.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The one-sided outrage is ludicrous.

Yeah, there are males who are predators but that is society in general.
    I had a lot of female recruits or active duty attempt to fondle and entice me.

The single gender bias is bullshit.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Clearly we need to have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to fight for us. Maybe they could meet the moral (double) standards of Pete and Gabby...
    Gabby is out of her league (once again) in this one. She loves to bash the military with
    each little item she can dig up.

Pete is just a one-line shit stirrer, and is a military basher as well.
    Last edited by Elessar; 03-09-2017 at 01:58 PM.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Gabby is out of her league (once again) in this one. She loves to bash the military with
    each little item she can dig up.

Pete is just a one-line shit stirrer, and is a military basher as well.
    Oh I know... just had to have my 2 cents worth thrown in there.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oh I know... just had to have my 2 cents worth thrown in there.
    2 Cents? You and Gunny threw silver dollars!

Heed what they say Gabby and Pete.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

My bad guys. Clearly it's the women's fault men are posting their naked photos in a private facebook group. How did I not see the truth! *facepalm*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Rape is rape, whether in the military or civilian world. There is no 'rape culture' in the military any more than there is in the civilian world. Fact is, there are scumbags out there.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    My bad guys. Clearly it's the women's fault men are posting their naked photos in a private facebook group. How did I not see the truth! *facepalm*
    Well, you are openly stupid....take that facepalm and shove it.

I do NOT condone sexual assault, military or domestic. Got THAT CLEAR?

You focus on military because you never had the balls to enlist.

You need to heed what @CSM and @Gunny say. They've been there and seen it.
    I have as well. Took a lot of recruits to the brig over that issue, both males
    and females.

A Deplorable!