Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
For some strange reason, some group think hostility has welled up on this message board. It's not a problem. It's an (occasionally) interesting topic to study. When you figure it out, tell me and we will both know. In the mean time, just consider it entertainment like watching the Jerry Springer TV show. It certainly isn't about politics since my political views come from redstate.com and therightscoop.com . I also like to read dolartoday.com and cubanet.org , both of which are anti-communist sites. The best way I can explain it is what you might call clique dynamics. Anyone who doesn't function well in a clique won't do well at DebatePolicy.
The hostility is usually based on the member posting. It's a give and receive thing. If you act like an asshole, people will treat you like an asshole. If you come here and speak down to people, they are going to speak down to you in return. The hostility you see is well earned. The hostility you see is of your own creation. I think you should spend less time trying to analyze the board and it's members, and more time in trying to post without coming off as a misogynistic hater.