Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Stupid Class Action Lawsuits

It's like get the hell off my tv. These law firms will sue if the sun comes up. You got sick from your medicine? That crap comes with 10 page novels of disclaimers. If you're that stupid I'm with Darwin.

Same with this football player concussion BS. Don't play football? Novel approach, I know. I used to kickbox/compete in martial arts. Guess what? I EXPECTED to get punched in the head. When I played football, I EXPECTED to get hammered (IF I couldn't hammer you first )

The lack of personal responsibility in our society today is appalling.

I'm beat all the Hell up. Playing sports, martial arts, being a Marine .. Nobody made me do it. I'm paying for it but I don't sit around whining and blaming someone else for MY choices.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks gabosaurus, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

You noticed this as well?
    When I went to court with my daughter, I looked on the docket for that day. One of the cases involved a drunk person who wondered into the street and got hit by a car. Yep, the driver was being sued.
    If you are drinking hot coffee while driving in traffic and spill it, you can always sue someone. If your kid tries to rob someone and gets shot for his trouble, you have a BIG claim. WTF?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Condoms. You can get them anywhere from 25 cents to 2 bucks. One would think that the personal responsibility in this area would be one of the easier tasks. But yet there are over 54 million dead babies that make you wonder why these folks prefer abortions over personal responsibility and a quarter.

But it's much more than just abortion in today's society. The abuse in our welfare system is probably right up there too. That's some folks way of having personal responsibility - the ability to fill out forms monthly in order to get free money. That shit pisses me off.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Condoms. You can get them anywhere from 25 cents to 2 bucks. One would think that the personal responsibility in this area would be one of the easier tasks. But yet there are over 54 million dead babies that make you wonder why these folks prefer abortions over personal responsibility and a quarter.

But it's much more than just abortion in today's society. The abuse in our welfare system is probably right up there too. That's some folks way of having personal responsibility - the ability to fill out forms monthly in order to get free money. That shit pisses me off.
    I'm glad I re-read your post before responding. I'm like, WTF am I going to do with a rubber?

I agree about the personal responsibility though.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm glad I re-read your post before responding. I'm like, WTF am I going to do with a rubber?

I agree about the personal responsibility though.
    Well, there are other uses!

On our honeymoon in St. Lucia, me and some other idiots took some condoms... and you can actually get fingers from both hands in there, and then gently pull it over your head and down just over your nose. And then you all breath out through your nose as fast as humanly possible until you are able to blow up the condom.

No, they were not lubricated. No, I didn't win. And yes, I was drunk as a fucker!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well, there are other uses!

On our honeymoon in St. Lucia, me and some other idiots took some condoms... and you can actually get fingers from both hands in there, and then gently pull it over your head and down just over your nose. And then you all breath out through your nose as fast as humanly possible until you are able to blow up the condom.

No, they were not lubricated. No, I didn't win. And yes, I was drunk as a fucker!!
    Oh, and this was up on the stage at Sandals, and it's on film!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Oh, and this was up on the stage at Sandals, and it's on film!!
    Great. I started a rubbers thread. Not sure how I pulled THAT one off. I'm probably one of the biggest prudes on the board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Great. I started a rubbers thread. Not sure how I pulled THAT one off. I'm probably one of the biggest prudes on the board.
    Don't worry, at least you'll never see the film! The resort recorded much of our wedding festivities, but it was in European format. I had it converted, but that was back in 1994, so it's in VHS format. You will have to use your imagination, and imagine my studly self putting a condom over my head and blowing it up, and looking like Dan Akroyd from 'Conheads' just before it popped!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I get those class action notices often.

Just think WTF? I'll get 5 bucks out of this? I never
    bother responding. Not worth the time and effort!

Yeah Gabby....'personal responsibility' is a lost art these days.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!