Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default New Rule?

Is there a requirement in basketball now to compete for who can have the stupidest hair? These guys look like complete idiots.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes BoogyMan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Have any of them gone for the Cyndi Lauper time after time look?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Have any of them gone for the Cyndi Lauper time after time look?
    Nah. But I think black guys whose hair turns blond halfway up on their fro shaped like Abe Lincolm's hat look about as retarded as it gets. White guys with dreads.

You think they get dates?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Is there a requirement in basketball now to compete for who can have the stupidest hair? These guys look like complete idiots.

Gunny. I've often wondered about that same thing. And, like it or not. Call me a racist for saying it. But I think...they intentionally have that much Stupid looking hair in case the guys with the MOPS, who go out on the floor to clean up the sweat...don't show up in time. All they have to do is get TWO PLAYERS to hold ONE PLAYER upside down, and PUSH HIM BACK AND FORTH until the FLOOR is dry again???
    How bout that?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just shake my head when I see some of them.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Gunny. I've often wondered about that same thing. And, like it or not. Call me a racist for saying it. But I think...they intentionally have that much Stupid looking hair in case the guys with the MOPS, who go out on the floor to clean up the sweat...don't show up in time. All they have to do is get TWO PLAYERS to hold ONE PLAYER upside down, and PUSH HIM BACK AND FORTH until the FLOOR is dry again???
    How bout that?
    That made me laugh. I'm from back in the fro days and while ridiculous there is a reason for them doing it back then. Their height was listed from the top of their hair, no their gourds. That was the reasoning in the 70s.

But these guys now just look like "Gee, how can I be the biggest idiot on the court?" I don't watch a game to study your hair. Can you play basketball? There's a novel idea. It's only a basketball game. If I want you to model your hair I'm sure I have an infomercial channel that covers it.

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That made me laugh. I'm from back in the fro days and while ridiculous there is a reason for them doing it back then. Their height was listed from the top of their hair, no their gourds. That was the reasoning in the 70s.

But these guys now just look like "Gee, how can I be the biggest idiot on the court?" I don't watch a game to study your hair. Can you play basketball? There's a novel idea. It's only a basketball game. If I want you to model your hair I'm sure I have an infomercial channel that covers it.
    I remember those days....there was a 6'10 center from WVA State that had a should-to-shoulder 'fro that made him look about 7'3!
    Used to shoot a soft jumper from the top of the key. Our leaping guard Jimmy Johnston jammed one on his noggin. Harvey only scored 5
    points that night. Never ever saw a guy who could leap that well. He could hang off the top the the backboard glass.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I remember those days....there was a 6'10 center from WVA State that had a should-to-shoulder 'fro that made him look about 7'3!
    Used to shoot a soft jumper from the top of the key. Our leaping guard Jimmy Johnston jammed one on his noggin. Harvey only scored 5
    points that night. Never ever saw a guy who could leap that well. He could hang off the top the the backboard glass.
    I'm like the biggest Dr J fan in the universe. He'd be dunking and his fro would still be at the foul line. And I CAN finger roll the ball. I was shaving my head a good 2 years before Jordan. I'm tired of people ripping off my gimmicks.

But these guys now are like "Look at me". I don't want to look at you. Show me WHAT you can do, I played B-Ball for 30+ years and coached a couple of years (know what coaching 4-5th graders is like?) I think we lost one game.

Your fancy hair do don't make you nothing to me. Get your head, not your hair, in the game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm like the biggest Dr J fan in the universe. He'd be dunking and his fro would still be at the foul line. And I CAN finger roll the ball. I was shaving my head a good 2 years before Jordan. I'm tired of people ripping off my gimmicks.

But these guys now are like "Look at me". I don't want to look at you. Show me WHAT you can do, I played B-Ball for 30+ years and coached a couple of years (know what coaching 4-5th graders is like?) I think we lost one game.

Your fancy hair do don't make you nothing to me. Get your head, not your hair, in the game.
    Theatrics and vanity...just like the totally inked body. Play the game the way it was meant to be...
    not just appearance. Wilt must be rolling over in his grave.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Theatrics and vanity...just like the totally inked body. Play the game the way it was meant to be...
    not just appearance. Wilt must be rolling over in his grave.
    I was and am a Spurs fan. They were originally the Dallas Chapparals in the ABA, I had one of those Red. White n Blue basketballs. The Iceman George Gervin and Dr J were my basketball heroes. Both of them had class. Sorely lacking nowadays.

But I'm watching these college games and just shaking my head. Obviously no dress code. Their fundamentals suck. I can hit more free throws than these chumps. And has spreading the court gone out of style? Passing the ball? Having a plan?

Why don't you worry about your game instead of your do.

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Nah. But I think black guys whose hair turns blond halfway up on their fro shaped like Abe Lincolm's hat look about as retarded as it gets. White guys with dreads.

You think they get dates?
    Rodman started this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Rodman started this.
    I have zero respect for Rodman. I don't even care about his game. He's a complete moron as a human being. He screwed over the Spurs with his childish BS. He only got over with the Bulls because Jordan told him straight up: I don't need you. Do your job and get along or you're gone. Guess he wanted a paycheck. He let fame turn him into a complete idiot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have zero respect for Rodman. I don't even care about his game. He's a complete moron as a human being. He screwed over the Spurs with his childish BS. He only got over with the Bulls because Jordan told him straight up: I don't need you. Do your job and get along or you're gone. Guess he wanted a paycheck. He let fame turn him into a complete idiot.
    Some pundits called him the greatest rebounder of all time.

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
    Bill Russel?
    ....gawd more better than him.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
    Bill Russel?
    Both. I loved Bill Russell. I didn't like his team but I could appreciate his game. I can rebound as good as Rodman. All you got to do is time the ball. I was also a good shot blocker. The martial arts paid off. Unlike Rodman though, I could nail 3s. I ALWAYS got picked. I always liked George Silas. It's like don't even bring your sh*t down here.

This FL State - FSGU game is actually the best one I've seen today. They're putting on a show. These guys got game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
    Bill Russel?
    Rodman was a foot shorter than them. They towered over everyone. Centers who stand under the basket and dunk don't impress. That's why I like Hakeem so much. He was so versatile.