Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

I'm sure this is going to ruffle some feathers out there!

---

First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

Cementing her role as a powerful White House influence, Ivanka Trump is working out of a West Wing office and will get access to classified information, though she is not technically serving as a government employee, according to an attorney for the first daughter.

Since President Donald Trump took office, his eldest daughter has been a visible presence in the White House, where her husband, Jared Kushner, already serves as a senior adviser. On Friday, she participated in a meeting on vocational training with the president and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Ivanka Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title, but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information. Gorelick said Ivanka Trump would follow the ethics rules that apply to government employees.

"Our view is that the conservative approach is for Ivanka to voluntarily comply with the rules that would apply if she were a government employee, even though she is not," said Gorelick, who also helped Kushner with the legal strategy that led to his White House appointment. "The White House Counsel's Office agrees with that approach."

Ivanka Trump's role has already come under scrutiny because there is little precedent for a member of the first family with this kind of influence. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A person with knowledge of Ivanka Trump's thinking, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations, said she believes she can offer more independent perspective to her father by not serving as a White House staffer.

A popular surrogate for her father on the campaign trail, Ivanka Trump moved her young family to Washington at the start of the administration and signaled plans to work on economic issues, like maternity leave and child care. In a statement, she said: "I will continue to offer my father my candid advice and counsel, as I have for my entire life."

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-.../20/id/779800/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kaimhel, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It's called "nepotism." Though I doubt Trump cares.

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    No he doesn't. And I don't either.

6. Thanks Kaimhel, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

The "I'll vote for anything named Clinton" speaks.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kaimhel thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    No he doesn't. And I don't either.
    no one cares as long as they like the candidate. F the rules F the constitution as long as MY GUYS IN CHARGE. WOOT!! WOOT!!! everyone else is just butthurt if they don't like it right?

Look as Trump said during the campaign he could shoot someone in time square and his folks would still support him.

but for those that still have respect for the laws, the constitution, ethics and the like here are a few real questions.
    Is it legal?
    Is it ethical?
    Is she qualified to give any advice,
    She given any advice that aligns with what the voters wanted?
    Is she going to divest herself from her biz/investments so there's no conflict of interest... (well since Dad hasn't i guess she won't have to either)

But Hey Saddam Hussin's sons worked with him too right? so there ya go.

I can just imagine the HOWLS and pages of complaints if Obama had brought his Kenyan Brother into a White House west wing office as an "unofficial" advisor. And he 'volunteered' to follow the rules
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-21-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The "I'll vote for anything named Clinton" speaks.
    You obviously have a very poor memory. Which is to be expected.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    no one cares as long as they like the candidate. F the rules F the constitution as long as MY GUYS IN CHARGE. WOOT!! WOOT!!! everyone else is just butthurt if they don't like it right?

Look as Trump said during the campaign he could shoot someone in time square and his folks would still support him.

but for those that still have respect for the laws, the constitution, ethics and the like here are a few real questions.
    Is it legal?
    Is it ethical?
    Is she going to divest herself from her biz/investments so there's no conflict of interest... (well since Dad hasn't i guess she won't have to either)

I can just imagine the HOWLS and pages of complaints if Obama had brought his Kenyan Brother into a White House west wing office as an "unofficial" advisor. And he 'volunteered' to follow the rules
    While I'd leave out the Saddam family comparison, I agree in the main. Seems like many on both sides, left and right have just switched positions on many issues, just cause of who won and lost. I guess it wasn't just my choice in election that was a tad different than so many.

I know I'd be speaking out if Hillary had won and was doing the same with Chelsea, but heh, that's me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I think it is a bad move on his part. Yet do not view this as earth shattering or of major importance.
    We have serious security issues, potential terrorist groups operating freely within our own government, several nations representing huge threats to our economy and safety, illegal immigration issues, obamacare to replace, cities openly aiding immigrants in criminal acts, American muslim groups actively working against us, serious economic issues etc..
    far more important to contend with than this extremely minor lapse in good judgment.
    To me its a bit like taking a piss in the ocean-- nobody cares and its of no real importance..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    While I'd leave out the Saddam family comparison, I agree in the main. Seems like many on both sides, left and right have just switched positions on many issues, just cause of who won and lost. I guess it wasn't just my choice in election that was a tad different than so many.

I know I'd be speaking out if Hillary had won and was doing the same with Chelsea, but heh, that's me.
    Yes Chelsea! Sheesh People's heads would be spinning off of their shoulders.

What if Dick Chenney's Daughter had been "volunteering advice' in the Bush white house. probably Not a word of complaint, some mild to hardy praise. As long as it it was the one they LIKED.

ethics laws etc, are not a question just whether or not we get our way.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-21-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Ivanka can advise the women of this country about cosmetic surgery (which she has had tons of) and boob jobs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Nope. My memory's fine when it comes to you. You are going to vote D(uh) no matter what.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Ivanka can advise the women of this country about cosmetic surgery (which she has had tons of) and boob jobs.
    How is Hillary doing these days? You know. The candidate you guaranteed would win.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

Is it legal?
    Is it ethical?

Nope. Obama would be the same race baiting baby killing cop killing anti-American anti-Semitic porch monkey whether he brings his brother into the White House or not.

I do look forward to setting up Trump's rape rooms though. Every protesting snowflake gets raped by seven deplorables.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

So you voted for trump or Johnson? Not for the Teflon twat? My memory must not be very good, either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I do look forward to setting up Trump's rape rooms though. Every protesting snowflake gets raped by seven deplorables.

hmm, well at least walk throughs of the teen beauty pageant's dressing rooms.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-22-2017 at 09:55 AM.