Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mother brutally assaulted daughter for reciting Bible verses incorrectly: Police

WTF is wrong with people anymore? Beating your kid for ANY reason is out of line. And over religion? Because she couldn't cite things verbatim? I don't know if she's a religious nutjob, or if she's a psycho, or if she's both. This woman needs to have her own bible taken away, and replaced with the one in her prison cell.

----

Mother brutally assaulted daughter for reciting Bible verses incorrectly: Police

A Middletown woman was arrested after police said she severely assaulted her daughter and kicked her out of her house because the girl incorrectly recited Bible verses to her last week.

Police filed child endangerment charges against Rhonda Kemp Shoffner, 41, of the first block of Genesis Court, following the incident on March 14.

The victim, who is under the age of 13, told police the assault occurred just after she awoke from a nap in her mother's home about 3 p.m.

Shoffner, who the victim said had been drunk for three days straight, told her daughter to call multiple family members, police said. When they didn't answer the calls, police said, Shoffner ordered her daughter to get on her knees in the bathroom.

Her daughter knew that meant Shoffner was going to beat her, police said. The victim was scared and pleaded with her mother, according to police in the charging documents.

Police said the victim told her mother, "please don't hit me. I don't want to get on my knees."

Shoffner became enraged and yelled at the victim, telling her "to get on her (expletive) knees," police said.

The girl complied, and Shoffner began quoting Bible verses, expecting the victim to repeat the lines verbatim, according to police.

Shoffner asked her daughter, "What did God tell the man to do with his son?"

When the girl said she did not know, her mother said, "God told the man to kill his son."

Instead, the victim said, "God said to forgive his son," and Shoffner grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head into the wall, police said.

Each time the girl incorrectly recited a verse or gave her mother a wrong answer, Shoffner slammed her head into the wall, police said. Shoffner slammed her daughter's head into the bathroom drywall at least five times, according to police.

Rest here - http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/03...lted_daug.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

What is it about 'fundamentalists' of any stripe? The fact that the mother was supposedly drunk for 3 days, well no surprise. Kinda reminds me of terrorists and strip clubs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Black Diamond, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I saw the article through my usual share of sites that I visit, and thought it fair to post it considering I would do the same if it were muslims.

It's not my fault that 497 out of 500 beatings/murders committed by a radical religious nutbag, is that if a muslim the past, well, the past.. a very long time now!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post