Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Russia, China: Is Trump Crazy?

While certainly not my pick, nor was Nixon or Reagan, there may be something to having an unpredictable American president:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/08/did-the-syria-strike-push-china-toward-action-on-north-korea/

Clearly, the Chinese aren’t any more worried about Kim Jong-un today than they were a few weeks ago. The guy is just as crazy as ever and his missile program remains in the same state of clunky, but still worrisome progress that it has been. But the fact that all of this Syria business was rolling out just as Trump was having dinner with Xi Jinping probably has China’s leader more worried about… Trump. After eight years of Obama foreign policy which basically boiled down to speak softly and never even pick up the stick, the rest of the world is now keenly aware that the new administration isn’t all peace, love and unicorns.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Too often under Obama, threats and ultimatums were issued but never backed up.
    Despots such as in Syria, Iran, and North Korea saw this behavior and took full
    advantage of it.

Obama turned the USA into an "Also Ran" nation on the world stage. The taking out
    of Bin Laden using the mechanisms established by his predecessor, is the only positive
    triumph of his presidency. Otherwise, he embarked upon a world apology tour during
    his first couple of years i office.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It does appear regarding foreign interventions, President Trump is distinctly different than what Candidate Trump espoused.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

K #3

It's worse than that.

President Trump criticized President Obama for not having intervened in Syria.

BUT !!

Donald Trump advised President Obama not to get involved in U.S. military action in Syria, asserting the upside was too small, and the downside too large.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Who the Hell cares what some media writer says (story) what Russia and China think of Mr Trump...what do "we" expect Russia and China to say??? It obvious....

**Only a Never Trumper or someone left leaning `would post such a stupid negative story` about Trump...>> from 2 `foes`...and one that we just embarrassed ...Right Kat?

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    K #3

It's worse than that.

President Trump criticized President Obama for not having intervened in Syria.

BUT !!

Donald Trump advised President Obama not to get involved in U.S. military action in Syria, asserting the upside was too small, and the downside too large.
    Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?

I think he's had his 'GW Bush' moment. Bush intended an 'introspective' Presidency when he first took Office, putting America's own domestic concerns above other considerations. 9/11 gave him a rethink moment .. he then understood that to best serve America's interests, he had to immerse his Presidency in being interventionist, when necessary, on the world stage.

Trump is now doing the same, presumably from much the same motivation.

What marks out a truly great President is his (or her ?) willingness to adapt according to realistic demands. One adopting a doctrine, or agenda, from which there's little if any variance, cannot - obviously !! - adapt to the pressures and constraints of realism .. but one engaging as Trump has, CAN.

We in the UK-- and you in America, perhaps?? -- have speculated about how much Trump 'is supposedly in Putin's pocket'. One of our TV channels dreamed up an entire programme about it, loosely claiming as much, and aired it. Well, this latest episode puts such nonsense firmly in its place. Trump IS his own man, and no foreign power's 'pawn', or 'puppet'.

Fair minded persons would never have speculated otherwise.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?" D #7

That is the proof of Trump's incompetence.

Those of us with a clue knew Assad was a sociopathic mass-murderer weeks ago (years ago).
    Trump just figured it out this month. WHAT A PINHEAD!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"Hasn't President Trump said that he's changed his mind on the Syria situation ?" D #7

Those of us with a clue knew Assad was a sociopathic mass-murderer weeks ago (years ago).
    You continue to prove to be worthless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I think he might have waited until Assad rolled out enough rope to hang himself. Why should
    we show our hand before the draws and bets begin?

If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
    NOTHING to back up his words.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

13. Thanks Black Diamond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

sear. Are you and petey brothers?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Who the Hell cares what some media writer says (story) what Russia and China think of Mr Trump...what do "we" expect Russia and China to say??? It obvious....

**Only a Never Trumper or someone left leaning `would post such a stupid negative story` about Trump...>> from 2 `foes`...and one that we just embarrassed ...Right Kat?
    Actually you should have read the article before making assumptions. It wasn't in agreement at all with 'the wrong quote guy.'

While I will likely never 'approve' of Trump, I've always said that if his actions/policies align with what I think is good for the country, I'd say so. I've been saying so all day.

I was thinking about this for a few days, don't know if I posted it; Obama was always personally liked, thus high approval ratings. His policies though? Nope, those always had 'approval ratings' along the line of Trump's or lower. Trump has the inversion going on. People may not like him, but if his policies and decisions are aligned, he may do better than expected.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
    NOTHING to back up his words." E #10

a) IIRC Obama's wording was "red line", not -lines in the sand-

b) By "did NOTHING to back up his words" I deduce you're referring to the reported destruction aboard a U.S. vessel in the Mediterranean of Assad's stockpile.

For you see E #10:
    Obama didn't say: - if you do A then I will do B. -
    He simply said it crosses a red line.

And I'm not sure that amount of weapons reduction qualifies as "did NOTHING".

In any case, I suspect in a $dollar for $dollar comparison, Obama's actions against Assad were more cost effective than Trump's.
    Obama's halted Assad's chemical weapons use for months.

After Trump's missile attack at over $1 $million each, Assad was reportedly back in the air the next day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

"If ever there was a PINHEAD, it was Obama with his tough talk about 'lines in the sand' then did
    NOTHING to back up his words." E #10

a) IIRC Obama's wording was "red line", not -lines in the sand-

b) By "did NOTHING to back up his words" I deduce you're referring to the reported destruction aboard a U.S. vessel in the Mediterranean of Assad's stockpile.

For you see E #10:
    Obama didn't say: - if you do A then I will do B. -
    He simply said it crosses a red line.

And I'm not sure that amount of weapons reduction qualifies as "did NOTHING".

In any case, I suspect in a $dollar for $dollar comparison, Obama's actions against Assad were more cost effective than Trump's.
    Obama's halted Assad's chemical weapons use for months.

After Trump's missile attack at over $1 $million each, Assad was reportedly back in the air the next day.

Let's look at sear spouting off again....
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Changing your mind based on a changed situation is incompetency? In the Marines we call it "improvise, adapt and overcome".

Of course Assad has always been a sociopath. He DID however kind of overstep the line this time. Other than the psychological value, I seen no strategic nor tactical advantage to the attack.

I see no value in talking crap about the Fatboy other than to send a message. Obviously psyops is not your strong suit. Fear works in BOTH directions.

You just disagree because it's Trump.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

20. Thanks Black Diamond, NightTrain thanked this post