View Poll Results: In regards to Liberalnations avatar...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love her avatar, and want her to keep it up because...

3 20.00%
  • I hate her avatar, and want her to take it down because...

12 80.00%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I was talking about Johndoe not Abbey

My mistake - replied to the wrong post
    Come on red, get with it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Come on red, get with it!
    We all make mistakes OCA - even you (once in awhile)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    JD, I think you are still confusing me with Angel Heart.
    oops! lol sorry, your name...is my kitty girl's name and she is ALWAYS ON MY MIND.....lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    oops! lol
    It's a-ight.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oops! lol

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate her avatar, and want her to take it down because...
    It is the burning of the American flag. The symbol of liberty and freedom through out this great Nation. If you want to burn it, expect me to use your face to put it out. That is not an idle threat either. Burning that flag is no different than burning the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution. It is not freedom of expression, it is a spit in the face to all of those who have served and gave their lives in defense of that flag and this great Nation.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

I do not want anyone to make any false statments about you

You are a liberal - but you are not a moonbat liberal. There is a difference
    thank you rsr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thank you rsr
    Hey, I call them as I see them

You are welcome my friend

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    It is the burning of the American flag. The symbol of liberty and freedom through out this great Nation. If you want to burn it, expect me to use your face to put it out. That is not an idle threat either. Burning that flag is no different than burning the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution. It is not freedom of expression, it is a spit in the face to all of those who have served and gave their lives in defense of that flag and this great Nation.

Our founding fathers burned the flag they were under, and it wasn't even a flag that they purchased. They understood the importance of us being able to do such, in my opinion.

I think people burning the flag for no good cause is like the little girl crying wolf, and is used too much...

So that someday, when we may really need to burn the American Flag to show our govt that we are displeased with their tyrany, as the Revolutionists were with their government, it may not have the same strong meaning that it should! But outside of banning the burning of the flag, I don't know what to do about it...

And it is the right to free speech, I firmly believe that burning the American Flag is a form of free speech showing displeasure with the governing body and constitutionally sound no matter how upsetting it is when used so haphazzardly by some.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm with Abbey and Nevada and others, it's a flag, an inanimate object, I support the Constitutional right to burn it as an expression of the party burning it, IF IT IS THEIR FLAG, that they purchased.
    Inanimate? So the Constitution is a living, breathing document but the flag that represents it is inanimate?

I wonder if you were part of the American Revolution, what side you would have been on...the side of the Brits, who saw the burning of the british flag as treason, or the side of the American Revolutionists?
    That's not analogous. The Americans were forming a new country and were fighting for their freedom. They already had some "inanimate" object to represent them and it was not the Union Jack.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Our founding fathers burned the flag they were under, and it wasn't even a flag that they purchased. They understood the importance of us being able to do such, in my opinion.

I think people burning the flag for no good cause is like the little girl crying wolf, and is used too much...

So that someday, when we may really need to burn the American Flag to show our govt that we are displeased with their tyrany, as the Revolutionists were with their government, it may not have the same strong meaning that it should! But outside of banning the burning of the flag, I don't know what to do about it...

And it is the right to free speech, I firmly believe that burning the American Flag is a form of free speech showing displeasure with the governing body and constitutionally sound no matter how upsetting it is when used so haphazzardly by some.

I have seen peace niks not only burn the US flag, but a US soldier in effigy. At peace nik anti war rally a returning soldier from Iraq (who lost a leg) was spit at because he supported the war

To me, the left has all the hate and rage and are not shy to unleash it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    Inanimate? So the Constitution is a living, breathing document but the flag that represents it is inanimate?

That's not analogous. The Americans were forming a new country and were fighting for their freedom. They already had some "inanimate" object to represent them and it was not the Union Jack.
    But 82 Marine, did you take oath to serve the American Flag or to defend the Constitution? The latter is my understanding....?

The Constitution is made up of very valuable words with very valuable meaning imo, while the flag has no words attached. And I do not believe the Constitution is a Living (changing) document, I believe it is what it is, no more and no less.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have seen peace niks not only burn the US flag, but a US soldier in effigy. At peace nik anti war rally a returning soldier from Iraq (who lost a leg) was spit at because he supported the war

To me, the left has all the hate and rage and are not shy to unleash it

Rsr, whoever that person was, whether they were liberal or they were not, that spit on that soldier, is a dispicable human being. They did not spit on him because they were liberal, they spit on him, as I said, because they were a dispicable human being, with no feeling or thought to what they were doing to this other, brave, person.

You know there have been acts by Conservatives that have been dispicable acts too, like Representative Foley's, but that does NOT MEAN that every republican has an affinity for the young, and are sexually atracted to the young!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But 82 Marine, did you take oath to serve the American Flag or to defend the Constitution? The latter is my understanding....?

The Constitution is made up of very valuable words with very valuable meaning imo, while the flag has no words attached. And I do not believe the Constitution is a Living (changing) document, I believe it is what it is, no more and no less.
    But libs keep finding things in the US Constitution that are not there - and ignore the things that there

To libs, the US Constitution have more positions the a Bill Clinton intern

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    "It's just a damn picture?" That's what you think of burning an American flag? Fuck you!
    No, you know how I feel about burning an American Flag. I hate it and if I saw anyone burning a Flag I would stop them by force if I had to. I think anyone who burns an American Flag needs to get the everloving shit kicked out of them. The only time to EVER burn an American Flag is to retire it.

I have talked with LN and she doesn't support burning a flag, she is doing it because she know's it gets to you. Personally I think Jackass is right, this thread just guaranteed another month of her Avatar.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.