Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Board stats and North Korea

Weird, or normal, you decide!

So I just got curious while looking at the current stats for the board, and which countries lead in visits. Of course the US leads by far, Great Britain and Russia are often up there. China, some from Germany. Many many countries - but not one from North Korea. Plenty over time from South Korea. So I started going back by month, and not a single visit by anyone ever from North Korea. I went back like 2 years and that's it, shouldn't have even wasted that much time, as it's really not surprising.

But not one single visit? I wouldn't expect those bastards to have DP on their bookmarks list... but we seem to have visits from every corner of the world. Things often get linked at other places, then others, and then however lame it may be, often that stuff sits and stays out there to be clicked on down the road.

But not from a single dictator or poor brainwashed NK weirdo.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No one in North Korea has open web access. Even most government officials are unable to get on the web. The only computers, laptops and phones allowed in NK are those made there and fixed with censoring chips. It is illegal to take a laptop into North Korea. You can take in your phone, but you won't get a signal.

4. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think we've all seen the picture of the countries at night, sometimes we just don't think through the implications:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ive-space.html

Attached Images Attached Images

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks jimnyc, Black Diamond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default This is what the Little Fat Boy running North Korea calls CONTROL.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Board stats and North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    No one in North Korea has open web access. Even most government officials are unable to get on the web. The only computers, laptops and phones allowed in NK are those made there and fixed with censoring chips. It is illegal to take a laptop into North Korea. You can take in your phone, but you won't get a signal.
    You're right. I think NK has a huge firewall that prevents all but several thousand websites. All of those sites are created by the NK government, btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I think most North Koreans are more concerned with eating than trying to access the internet... and, yeah - all that I've read says that the internet is only accessed by a handful of trusted people, and there's probably several layers of spies watching all activity on those people with unrestricted access.

Normal citizens can only access sites run by the State if they're lucky enough to have the luxury of a computer and internet.

I wonder how fast the Goon Squad would show up if someone were to do something silly like search for 'Democracy' on their phone or computer?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum