Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I just turned on FOX to see if they addressed the elephant in the room (they didn't) and caught the tail end of The Five] where they talked about the schedule...

It seems that The Five is moving to 9pm with Gutfeld, Beckel, and the two ladies (sorry, don't know there names) and Jesse Waters (who's that?) will be #5, Tucker Carlson goes to 8pm. The guy from the five who's not moving to 9pm with the other four is staying at 5pm and developing a new show. (All times are EST)

If they would get rid of Sean Shammity I might go back to FOX for world news.

Now, back to USA and NCIS reruns...
    I used to be able to watch Hannity, no longer.

The 5 is pretty good, though I'm not crazy about the dark haired woman, but Dana Perino is good.

The guy you're not mentioning, Eric Bolling-he's ok, but a bit too Hannity like for me, a lighter version of him. He is good on FNC and anything economy related.

Jesse Waters is a riot, I remember watching him on youtube, much like Mary Katherine Hamm. However, while Hamm has evolved from early days, Waters has been a bit too much on video 'hilarity' and not building enough chops for interviews, imo. He's smart enough, he does know the gist of things going on, just too much 'comedy' for me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I used to be able to watch Hannity, no longer.

The 5 is pretty good, though I'm not crazy about the dark haired woman, but Dana Perino is good.

The guy you're not mentioning, Eric Bolling-he's ok, but a bit too Hannity like for me, a lighter version of him. He is good on FNC and anything economy related.

Jesse Waters is a riot, I remember watching him on youtube, much like Mary Katherine Hamm. However, while Hamm has evolved from early days, Waters has been a bit too much on video 'hilarity' and not building enough chops for interviews, imo. He's smart enough, he does know the gist of things going on, just too much 'comedy' for me.
    I wonder if this will affect O!Reillys books and tours.

AndcI am amazed at how much apparently fake hair she has. Some kind of record I think.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I wonder if this will affect O!Reillys books and tours.

AndcI am amazed at how much apparently fake hair she has. Some kind of record I think.
    Who with the 'fake hair'? The dark haired woman?

Just saw this from O'Reilly:

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/statu...02449105801217

BREAKING: Statement from Bill O'Reilly, who is currently on a plane back from Italy >>

Statement from Bill O'Reilly

Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television. It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers.

I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Who with the 'fake hair'? The dark haired woman?

Just saw this from O'Reilly:

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/statu...02449105801217

Classy. But if the accusations are unfounded, he needs to fight back, not pay the women off...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I haven't been following this at all, too tabloid like for my tastes.... but I have to wonder if this is another Herman Cain/Clarence Thomas hit job...

Bill O'Reilly was the biggest thing on Fox and probably seen as a threat by the Left and the MSFakeNBC, so why not? Maybe the NOW (National Organization of Witches) paid off a bunch of women to say they've been harassed....

I'm not defending the guy, he may have done those things, but it seems that this sort of thing is happening more often as time goes by
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I haven't been following this at all, too tabloid like for my tastes.... but I have to wonder if this is another Herman Cain/Clarence Thomas hit job...

Bill O'Reilly was the biggest thing on Fox and probably seen as a threat by the Left and the MSFakeNBC, so why not? Maybe the NOW (National Organization of Witches) paid off a bunch of women to say they've been harassed....

I'm not defending the guy, he may have done those things, but it seems that this sort of thing is happening more often as time goes by
    These stories about harassment go back years with O'Reilly. It's 'not new' and there have been many instances of his 'paying off,' claiming innocence, but not allowing any of these to get to court. FOX had covered for him, his ratings were #1 forever. Since summer, they just couldn't anymore. His contract that was signed last month, made it possible for FOX to let him go, at least that is what the reports are saying. Add that to the drop in sponsors, which had been first a trickle, then a flood with the new allegations and the admission of $13 M in payouts, really little choice.

9. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

I have little doubt this has been an organized effort to oust O'Reilly. I also have little doubt that there is substance to at least some of the allegations on some level, without it I find it difficult to believe anyone would risk the ramifications of a defamation or libel suit...

To quote Will Smith from one of those Men in Black movies... Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'...

I think Bill might have overestimated his power and popularity... That's O'Reilly, not Cosby...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    ugh, he's a sexual predator
    You have PROOF to offer .. ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Greg Gutfeld is great, so is Tucker Carlson
    Gutfield was good late night but he doesn't have the chops for prime time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You have PROOF to offer .. ?
    You don't pay $13M in settlements and resign if you are innocent

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I have little doubt this has been an organized effort to oust O'Reilly. I also have little doubt that there is substance to at least some of the allegations on some level, without it I find it difficult to believe anyone would risk the ramifications of a defamation or libel suit...

To quote Will Smith from one of those Men in Black movies... Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'...

I think Bill might have overestimated his power and popularity... That's O'Reilly, not Cosby...
    Very possibly.

Personally, I'd rather not judge. What concerns me is just how much good he's done over the years for Fox News.

I don't have access to Fox News these days, but there was a time when I did (via the Sky satellite system ... here, Fox News is not available on cable at all, just satellite feeds ..). His 'O'Reilly Factor' was favourite viewing of mine. I especially appreciated his broadcast on the evening following the London '7/7' terrorist attack .... he'd been holidaying in Ireland, saw their news broadcasts about it, and arranged to cut short his holiday to get back behind his desk that evening. He gave a blistering speech about how we all finally needed (not least the British authorities) to wake up to the realities of terrorism, and gave one of the most strident and uncompromising monologues against terrorism I've EVER heard.

My guess .. he'll 'semi-retire'. Maybe write another book or 2, but he'll give up regular broadcasting. He's had a distinguished career, on Fox, from its beginning. Even with any lawsuit payouts he's become involved with, I'd expect him to come out enough of a financial winner to take it easier from now on.

Politically, I see him as to the Left of Hannity. But they're both good men, certainly in that sense. O'Reilly's legacy should, overall, be one of earned respect, in my view.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Here is how I will remember him. Hilarious!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You don't pay $13M in settlements and resign if you are innocent
    That's an inference. It doesn't constitute outright proof.

What if those settlements were made, not because he was guilty, but because he considered that to let cases drag on would see him 'hung, drawn & quartered' by Left-leaning enemies following their own self-serving agendas. Trial by media, in other words, in the hope that mud would stick ...

I'm sure you know the type, Pete ... yes ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Here is how I will remember him. Hilarious!
    That's a bit desperate on your part, isn't it, Pete ?

SO
    , O'Reilly was being dogged, it seems, by others' lack of professionalism. O'Reilly's reaction was HIS fault ? Besides ... just how old that ? How many DECADES old is it ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    That's an inference. It doesn't constitute outright proof.
    It's good enough for me.