Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default AG Sessions: 10,000 MS-13 Gang Members in USA

And another great attempt by Sessions. Hopefully he'll get as many thugs and gangs off the streets

---

AG Sessions: 10,000 MS-13 Gang Members in USA; ‘We're Going After Them’

(CNSNews.com) – It's up to the State Department to designate MS-13 as a terrorist organization. But regardless of whether that happens, “We’re going after them,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Fox News’s Tucker Carlson Tuesday night.

Sessions said the nation’s top federal law enforcement officers held a meeting earlier on Tuesday to discuss ways of convicting and deporting those gang members who are in the U.S. illegally.

“We can devastate this gang. We’re going after them. We are not going to allow them to take over a block, a corner of our communities and terrorize people with this violence," Sessions said.

The attorney general said there are now some 10,000 members of the violent Salvadoran gang in 40 states.

“These are not geniuses,” Sessions said. “They are involved in the kind of activities that can be identified and they can be prosecuted.” He said with persistence, "we can devastate this organization, and that's going to be our goal.”

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ing-after-them
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Gangs have been a problem since the dawn of time. They ain't going anywhere because of a little operation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Gangs have been a problem since the dawn of time. They ain't going anywhere because of a little operation.
    So what then, ya think we should just ignore them? Or perhaps try and stop them or slow them down? Deporting them, arresting them, creating special teams, hiring more folks for those teams... All good and all good towards helping eliminate them, IMO. But you seem to find a way to complain about everything, even when positive steps are being taken to try and eliminate bad things.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So what then, ya think we should just ignore them? Or perhaps try and stop them or slow them down? Deporting them, arresting them, creating special teams, hiring more folks for those teams... All good and all good towards helping eliminate them, IMO. But you seem to find a way to complain about everything, even when positive steps are being taken to try and eliminate bad things.
    It's political. AG making a show because of immigration. Meanwhile the crips, kings, zetas, aryan bros, 18th Street, mongols, mex mafia etc etc etc all get passes right? Gangs are an economic issue.
    Last edited by pete311; 04-21-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's political. AG making a show because of immigration. Meanwhile the crips, kings, zetas, aryan bros, 18th Street, mongols, mex mafia etc etc etc all get passes right? Gangs are an economic issue.
    So then when do they EVER fight back against gangs and such - to where you won't say it's political?

The others I can't speak for without research. I know there aren't getting a free pass, that's for sure. But I also can't say that they are going after any specifically like MS-13. But if political, why not just say they will be hiring people and making efforts to go after ALL of them? MS-13 is the most lethal, so why not start with them first?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So then when do they EVER fight back against gangs and such - to where you won't say it's political?

The others I can't speak for without research. I know there aren't getting a free pass, that's for sure. But I also can't say that they are going after any specifically like MS-13. But if political, why not just say they will be hiring people and making efforts to go after ALL of them? MS-13 is the most lethal, so why not start with them first?
    We've been losing the fight since the beginning. New strategy needed. As long as there is severe economic struggle you can't fight your way to winning. Put a gang member in jail or deport him and another takes their place if the conditions in the community don't change. A holistic approach is needed.
    Last edited by pete311; 04-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We've been losing the fight since the beginning. New strategy needed. As long as there is severe economic struggle you can't fight your way to winning. Put a gang member in jail or deport him and another takes their place if the conditions in the community don't change. A holistic approach is needed.
    Oh, I'm not saying that some new approaches may not be in order, and keep being in order until we can rid the world of all this crap. And like you pointed out, there are tons of gangs in addition to MS-13. I have no idea what the answers are - but I do know that we shouldn't give up or ignore them. Jail IS the answer for those that are criminals. Deportation IS the answer if one is a criminal and here illegally. But that should go whether in a gang or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Jail IS the answer for those that are criminals. Deportation IS the answer if one is a criminal and here illegally. But that should go whether in a gang or not.
    If that is it, then it's a never ending carousel. A bigger and faster carousel solves nothing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If that is it, then it's a never ending carousel. A bigger and faster carousel solves nothing.
    Not true. It may cost money, and there may be more effective ways... but if they went out today, and arrested only ONE member, that's one less in the streets than yesterday. That's solved a tiny piece right there. The goal is MORE, and to prevent the gang from growing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Not true. It may cost money, and there may be more effective ways... but if they went out today, and arrested only ONE member, that's one less in the streets than yesterday. That's solved a tiny piece right there. The goal is MORE, and to prevent the gang from growing.
    And exactly what have we been doing the past 70 years? Are we winning yet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And exactly what have we been doing the past 70 years? Are we winning yet?
    Oh, well in that case, I say we just give up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Oh, well in that case, I say we just give up.
    If our sole strategy is incarceration and deportation then yeah, we might as well give up and save the money. It hasn't worked and will continue to not work. It ignores the root causes of gang's existence.
    Last edited by pete311; 04-21-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If our sole strategy is incarceration and deportation then yeah, we might as well give up and save the money. It hasn't worked and will continue to not work. It ignores the root causes of gang's existence.
    The thing is - ALL the gangs are a problem. I think we would both agree with that, and both would agree that we should act to get rid of them the best we can. Again, "I" don't have the answers, but doing something is better than nothing, even if that something isn't a new way, and even if that something doesn't get rid of all of them.

I'm ALL for a different way. But I don't work there and they ain't gonna listen to you and I. But if they try different ways, and do better, or even worse, I'm open to that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I'm ALL for a different way. But I don't work there and they ain't gonna listen to you and I. But if they try different ways, and do better, or even worse, I'm open to that.
    They listen through your vote and well, you voted for a guy, who nominated a guy who has no new ideas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They listen through your vote and well, you voted for a guy, who nominated a guy who has no new ideas.
    Didn't you just claim it's been the same, like forever? And now you want to lay the blame on one person.

And HOW do you know what his specific plans are?

Did Obama declare them a "terrorist" organization? That would of course allow them to do more. But I did not realize that they had that designation already, my bad.

"ways of convicting and deporting". In that meeting where they discussed this, what did they say would be the means they would achieve these goals, Pete?