Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No therapy needed, but I am saddened to say that I woke up this morning and he was fully gone. At least I didn't have to do it myself.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    No therapy needed, but I am saddened to say that I woke up this morning and he was fully gone. At least I didn't have to do it myself.
    So, Abbey was right. Sorry!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh shit and EFF me...

Went to doctor this morning, and when I came back I saw my other fish (his twin) sideways, then upside down, then right side up. So it must be the water. I instantly drained 50% of the water and refilled it. I also added/cleaned some stuff from my filter. I'll have to do small changes of waters for the next few days and keep testing the water.

I have that one sideways left, and the baby of that some species. Then I have the big blue guy, don't even remember the species!! He seems fine, although he's not been eating much, so I'm sure that's it. I hope they don't all croak on me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Oh shit and EFF me...

Went to doctor this morning, and when I came back I saw my other fish (his twin) sideways, then upside down, then right side up. So it must be the water. I instantly drained 50% of the water and refilled it. I also added/cleaned some stuff from my filter. I'll have to do small changes of waters for the next few days and keep testing the water.

I have that one sideways left, and the baby of that some species. Then I have the big blue guy, don't even remember the species!! He seems fine, although he's not been eating much, so I'm sure that's it. I hope they don't all croak on me.
    Movie of the year: "Jimbob - Fish Murderer". The one that lived is going to get you.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

jim..Allow me to offer my RIP here. Now, seriously. This reminded me of our oldest son back in the 70's when he was attending day-care, and they had what they called HOBBY, or HAPPY Day. (Show and Tell)
    We had a small aquarium in our dining room with guppies, goldfish, and a few others.
    Our son grabbed his Flintstone Lunchbox, dumped out his little lunch, then dipped the BOX into the water, and gathered a few of the little swimmers, before closing the box.
    Funny part was, as he pulled the box out of the water...it drained on the hard wood floor, and the little swimmers were flopping.
    Not long after that. We agreed...NO MORE FISH.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

9. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Fish creep me out. Unless they're cooked and on my plate!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Fish creep me out. Unless they're cooked and on my plate!
    Just the opposite here. Fish don;t bother me at all. Unless you try to make me eat it. I can't stand the taste of fish. I'll eat lobster, shrimp and crab legs, but the seafood for me ends there.

When I used to go fishing, it was for sport for me and I always went with someone I knew would eat what I caught.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I said it before, I'll say it again...

@jimnyc sits when he pees...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

I didn't know THAT was a question.

15. Likes hjmick, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Woke up and another is gone.

All that's left is a huge blue fish from Central America, but I don't recall what species. I also have a Red Peacock left who is a baby, he had to watch both his parents and his uncle all croak. I had 4 Peacocks a week or so ago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

But of course, don't all guys? LOL

Funny thing is, there's a LOT of truth to that! Starting when I was much younger, I would sit to avoid the noise when visiting a lady friend or someone's house, no need for them to share in my business. Then it was like that when I first met my wife. And I'm not going to say how much of that still happens. But my wife and I? NEVER share the bathroom, we have our own bathrooms. She knows better than to walk in on me and I would never do the same. In 22 years of marriage we have never walked in on one another!!

But I always stand when visiting Walmart!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Woke up and another is gone.

All that's left is a huge blue fish from Central America, but I don't recall what species. I also have a Red Peacock left who is a baby, he had to watch both his parents and his uncle all croak. I had 4 Peacocks a week or so ago.
    Check your filter and change your water. Throw out the food you have and get more. Fish don't die in bunches without a reason.

Back to YOU ... you are such a wuss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The Jason of fish-land. You carrying a GI Joe machete for them little fish? Probably all run in fear the second you cut the light on. Since I'm sure you bought them a freakin' castle for the tank, we all know where they go when YOU show up.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-23-2017 at 09:55 AM.

20. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Check your filter and change your water. Throw out the food you have and get more. Fish don't die in bunches without a reason.

Back to YOU ... you are such a wuss.
    Here's a mystery...

I checked the water and all pass the test with flying colors. The ammonia is bright yellow - and I thought that's what was killing them. But I read the chart wrong, bright yellow is PERFECT and a .00 PPM of ammonia.

WTF is killing then then? Ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and PH are all doing great. Not sure WTF to do now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

When I had fish, I bought books and tried to diagnose their illnesses. It never seemed to matter, they just died anyway. I think you already know more about them than any of us, so any advice I give isn't very useful. But I would completely clean out the tank and start over, if you can put the remaining fish in a second tank with that same water temporarily.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey