Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default It's A Lovely Saturday Here

With all the aches, pains, and it's tough getting old, I'm going to take advantage of one of the benefits, America the Beautiful pass. It was all of $10 and is for lifetime!

Today I'm heading out to Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well. I'm hoping that there is enough parking, it's supposed to be hot today, maybe the tourists will opt for something cooler.

If that doesn't pan out, I'll spend the $7 and go to Dead Horse Ranch State Park. It's only a few minutes from my house, but wanted to 'get away' with a 45 minute drive.

Hope you all are finding something to do on this beautiful day!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Bilgerat, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    With all the aches, pains, and it's tough getting old, I'm going to take advantage of one of the benefits, America the Beautiful pass. It was all of $10 and is for lifetime!

Today I'm heading out to Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well. I'm hoping that there is enough parking, it's supposed to be hot today, maybe the tourists will opt for something cooler.

If that doesn't pan out, I'll spend the $7 and go to Dead Horse Ranch State Park. It's only a few minutes from my house, but wanted to 'get away' with a 45 minute drive.

Hope you all are finding something to do on this beautiful day!

Sent my $$$ out for one of these meself.

The Lady & I like to wander with the Land Yacht and this is going to be fun.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Sent my $$$ out for one of these meself.

The Lady & I like to wander with the Land Yacht and this is going to be fun.
    I picked mine up at Tuzigoot National Memorial, when my bro and SIL were visiting. Saved the processing fee! It gets the passholder and 3 adults and any child under 13 in to any park that charges per person. They give you a holder for the rear view mirror, you place your pass in it. The whole vehicle gets in for the day! (I think it doesn't work for 12 passenger and larger, but not my problem.) That is great for the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc. It also gives discounts at many of the camping sites, cabins, etc! Not gift shops though.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The photos should show up on my drive tonight or tomorrow. I'll post some pics then. I've been to Montezuma Castle before, but not to the well. It's really an interesting place, there is a pit ruin which I'd read about long ago-very interesting.

Lots of walking, but it's 89 here, hotter down by rivers. It was time to go, glad I got an early start.

8. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

If you're in the Baltimore / DC area and you enjoy camping, check this place out.

The Lady and I had to use this site as an emergency stop during the RV's last disaster, seeing the active wildlife wander freely through the camping areas so close to some of the most heavily populated areas was amazing.

https://www.nps.gov/gree/index.htm
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    If you're in the Baltimore / DC area and you enjoy camping, check this place out.

The Lady and I had to use this site as an emergency stop during the RV's last disaster, seeing the active wildlife wander freely through the camping areas so close to some of the most heavily populated areas was amazing.

https://www.nps.gov/gree/index.htm
    That looks beautiful! I really like walking and just enjoying being out. I doubt though if I traveled that far, I'd go off to a park. More like walk around the Capital.

11. Likes Bilgerat liked this post