Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Why Do Women Use Shaming Tactics on Men?

While I disagree with about 30% of the ideas of MGTOW, but they present interesting ideas to investigate. I find this particularly interesting because it touches on a part of the human experience that I don't have, namely shaming and embarrassment. One of the concepts that they present is toxic women and their male accomplices whom are referred to as "man-ginas". This shaming and embarrassment business is to me similar to verbally describing the concept of color to a blind man.

Last edited by tailfins; 05-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Why do men use shaming tactics on women?

It's an emotional ploy used by both. It's abuse by either. The scars of emotional abuse last longer than physical abuse. And no ... before you say it ... I condone NEITHER.

But don't try making out like "us poor ol' guys are getting mind-f*cked by the gals" in some one-way manner.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why do men use shaming tactics on women?

It's an emotional ploy used by both. It's abuse by either. The scars of emotional abuse last longer than physical abuse. And no ... before you say it ... I condone NEITHER.

But don't try making out like "us poor ol' guys are getting mind-f*cked by the gals" in some one-way manner.
    I just feel blessed that my brain doesn't process such stimuli. If there were a pill to make that part of my brain function, I would NOT take it. I bet if there were such a pill, that it would be blue, as in "red pill, blue pill"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Pill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I just feel blessed that my brain doesn't process such stimuli. If there were a pill to make that part of my brain function, I would NOT take it. I bet if there were such a pill, that it would be blue, as in "red pill, blue pill"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Pill
    You ever wonder what women think of US?

Why doesn't this bonehead stop and ask for directions comes to mind immediately.

"Your arm's half-severed. Don't think that BandAid's going to fix it. Why don't you go to the doctor?" Ain't going to no doctor. I got sh*t do.

"You can't lift that by yourself. Get the neighbor to help." The Hell I can't. *crash* And she's videoing your dumb a$$ on her phone and LHAO.

"You don't hold babies upside down by their ankles!" Why not?

Instructions come with that'" Bah....

We do shit that boggles their minds.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Some men are shamed because they are shameful men.
    I have no doubt that your brain doesn't process some stimuli. Among those have to be positivity, self esteem, emotions and plain old common sense.

And now for some humor...

Not long after the Resurrection, Jesus shows up in Texas looking for some firepower. Because, even if you are the Son of God, you can't be too careful in modern society.
    While in Wal-Mart buying some ammo, Jesus is approached by a frantic Anglo guy accompanied by his VERY unhappy Brazilian wife.
    "Jesus, please, you HAVE to help me!"
    "What can I do for you, my son?"
    "I know that, in the Bible, you did healings. Like when you appeared in Bethany. Can you do the same for me?"
    Jesus looks at the man, looks at his wife, judges his affliction, then speaks.
    "Sorry, my son, the Lazarus bit doesn't work on individual parts."
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 05-07-2017 at 11:23 PM.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Some men are shamed because they are shameful men.
    I have no doubt that your brain doesn't process some stimuli. Among those have to be positivity, self esteem, emotions and plain old common sense.

And now for some humor...

Not long after the Resurrection, Jesus shows up in Texas looking for some firepower. Because, even if you are the Son of God, you can't be too careful in modern society.
    While in Wal-Mart buying some ammo, Jesus is approached by a frantic Anglo guy accompanied by his VERY unhappy Brazilian wife.
    "Jesus, please, you HAVE to help me!"
    "What can I do for you, my son?"
    "I know that, in the Bible, you did healings. Like when you appeared in Bethany. Can you do the same for me?"
    Jesus looks at the man, looks at his wife, judges his affliction, then speaks.
    "Sorry, my son, the Lazarus bit doesn't work on individual parts."
    I think he's afraid of women and ashamed of it. He has to compensate with this "superiority" act.

To this day I am shy around women I don't know and if they come on to me, completely tongue-tied. I just roll with it. My grandmother ruled the roost in her house, and my mother rules it in hers. Didn't seem to affect my manhood much. Emotional games? We've all played them and not just man v woman. All a woman has to say to another is "Dear, you look like you gained a few lbs .... "

Guys are easier. All a guy has to do to punk another guy is outperform him physically. Some guy's been looking to increase his lift for a year and finally gets it. Then outlift him.

But it's ALL mind games -- emotional manipulation.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think he's afraid of women and ashamed of it. He has to compensate with this "superiority" act.

To this day I am shy around women I don't know and if they come on to me, completely tongue-tied. I just roll with it. My grandmother ruled the roost in her house, and my mother rules it in hers. Didn't seem to affect my manhood much. Emotional games? We've all played them and not just man v woman. All a woman has to say to another is "Dear, you look like you gained a few lbs .... "

Guys are easier. All a guy has to do to punk another guy is outperform him physically. Some guy's been looking to increase his lift for a year and finally gets it. Then outlift him.

But it's ALL mind games -- emotional manipulation.
    Now it's you that's overthinking. It's as simple as women committing verifiable adverse action for no apparent reason. The only thing that I can imagine is that they must be pretty stupid to openly do actionable/prosecutable behavior when I can't even comprehend their stupid mind games. Are men too puddy whipped to sue or criminally prosecute a woman when she deserves it?
    Last edited by tailfins; 05-08-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Over the years, I believe I have seen more men try to shame their wives/girlfriends, than I have the other way around. A shame that ANYONE does it to the other, but neither has a copyright on the issue.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Over the years, I believe I have seen more men try to shame their wives/girlfriends, than I have the other way around. A shame that ANYONE does it to the other, but neither has a copyright on the issue.
    This shame thing is quite interesting. Even though it doesn't compute in my brain, it's interesting to look up actions that cause shame and observe what people do under those circumstances.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This shame thing is quite interesting. Even though it doesn't compute in my brain, it's interesting to look up actions that cause shame and observe what people do under those circumstances.
    IMO, the majority of time it's about "control". I've seen some men purposely shame or "dominate" over a woman, just to keep her in line, if that's what they think.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

IMO, the majority of time it's about "control". I've seen some men purposely shame or "dominate" over a woman, just to keep her in line, if that's what they think.
    Yup, had a fiancé like that. Then one day I realized it, and that was that for the relationship. It was very freeing. Once I saw that he was doing it out of insecurity, it all made sense. I would advise anyone not to get involved with this type of person.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Yup, had a fiancé like that. Then one day I realized it, and that was that for the relationship. It was very freeing. Once I saw that he was doing it out of insecurity, it all made sense. I would advise anyone not to get involved with this type of person.
    Supportive, and help out of shaming. If I'm out at a bar, or party (when I was younger), and the girl I was with would be picked on, even in a friendly way - my goal is to support her and comfort here, to turn it around and help instead. The only point of shaming, IMO, is when you obviously want to hurt someone. And who in the world would want to hurt their wife or girlfriend? Why would a wife or girlfriend want to hurt their boyfriend/husband?

But yup, I would advise anyone to get out from underneath something like that before it even has a remote chance of getting worse, whether a man or woman on the receiving end.

18. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Supportive, and help out of shaming. If I'm out at a bar, or party (when I was younger), and the girl I was with would be picked on, even in a friendly way - my goal is to support her and comfort here, to turn it around and help instead. The only point of shaming, IMO, is when you obviously want to hurt someone. And who in the world would want to hurt their wife or girlfriend? Why would a wife or girlfriend want to hurt their boyfriend/husband?

But yup, I would advise anyone to get out from underneath something like that before it even has a remote chance of getting worse, whether a man or woman on the receiving end.
    You do realize that some people don't do these things on purpose. Be it in a relationship or just those I see in public, I'm thankful for the rare women who are willing to raise the gutter bumpers in the game of social bowling. Of course @gabosourus is the exact opposite of that. Well Gabby, how do you take your pettiness to the next level when someone is stone blind to your shaming attempts? Do you slap them?

For some strange reason, Asian and Latin women are far more willing to raise those gutter bumpers.
    Last edited by tailfins; 05-08-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

tailfins, you are thankful for the rare women who are not allowed to raise the gutter bumpers in the game of social bowling. Or else they are not allowed to. Purchased items always come with fewer strings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Now it's you that's overthinking. It's as simple as women committing verifiable adverse action for no apparent reason. The only thing that I can imagine is that they must be pretty stupid to openly do actionable/prosecutable behavior when I can't even comprehend their stupid mind games. Are men too puddy whipped to sue or criminally prosecute a woman when she deserves it?
    Rather than over-thinking, I chose to educate myself the best I can. TO YOU there is "no apparent reason". TO THEM, you're an unfeeling asshole. What does make sense to you makes perfect sense to them. They damned sure don't get it when you're heading for the car with tool box and drooling. And yeah, you ARE trying to overthink it while ignoring the elephant in the room. You're trying to figure out women. How's THAT working for you so far?

You want to present a portion of a larger argument as THE argument which is misleading. So either you are trying to manipulate, or you need to seek some education. We ALL do it in one for or another whether or not it is intentional. That includes you, Pete. If you think not, you're folling no one but you.