Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
What sticks though were the dinners out following something special like plays or concerts or when my parents would join us. "Remember when we went to Lawry's and saw all the Bulls?" or when Grandpa got a limo to go to The Nutcracker and to American Grill after. Good times!
Because my dad and I shared a lot of sports and music, I bonded most with him. My sister always had a great love of movies, which appealed more to my mom. I always loved the special occasions as well, like going to "grown up restaurants" with my parents (since we rarely ate out) as well as concerts.
I try to make sure that my daughter gets a variety of experiences. She has gone to rock concerts with my parents and I, Spanish language music shows with my sister and the symphony with my husband's parents. Which is how she developed her interest in playing piano.
We're going back to see the Ducks on Sunday in the next round of the playoffs. My husband says he is OK paying an exorbitant amount for tickets as long as he doesn't have to go with us.