Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Cool password site

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Generates passwords that are random.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

2. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My problem is remembering them! Then I had a great 'vault' program that saved all of your passwords in one central location. But I forgot the password that was needed to get in there! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks KarlMarx thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Best Password Generation algorithm of all time (only because I thought of it!)... it's secure and the passwords are easy to remember

1. Get a book
    2. Open it at random and pick a word from the page at random... write it down
    3. Open the book at random again, write down the page number
    4. Open the book at random again, pick another work from the page at random... write it down

Now, combine the first word, the page number, and the 2nd word. Mix the case of the letters as you see fit. Add a special character if you want.

Password generated

Cl@p68%TowarD (according to https://howsecureismypassword.net/ it would take a computer 3 million years to crack these)

bAcK$861bLAnk
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 05-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Best Password Generation algorithm of all time (only because I thought of it!)... it's secure and the passwords are easy to remember

1. Get a book
    2. Open it at random and pick a word from the page at random... write it down
    3. Open the book at random again, write down the page number
    4. Open the book at random again, pick another work from the page at random... write it down

Now, combine the first word, the page number, and the 2nd word. Mix the case of the letters as you see fit. Add a special character if you want.

Password generated

Cl@p68%TowarD (according to https://howsecureismypassword.net/ it would take a computer 3 million years to crack these)

bAcK$861bLAnk
    I have a little black book on my desktop now with all of my passwords. Then use something like that, write it down so you don't forget, and then hope you don't have to type it in daily!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks KarlMarx thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When I has to make secure passwords of 14 letters, numerals, and characters, I would pick something out of
    "The Encyclopedia of Arda" http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/.

With all of those entries in there, I would dare anyone to figure mine out!
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks KarlMarx thanked this post