Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Christian Women Liberation

A Twitter hashtag about Christian women has revealed some ugly truths about misogyny in the church.

Christian author Sarah Bessey started the thread Tuesday night with the tag #ThingsOnlyChristianWomenHear to highlight issues surrounding male privilege in many Christian communities.

“It was just a conversation I was wanting to have with my followers about something I care about, but it resonated more widely than I expected,” Bessey told The Huffington Post on Thursday.

The conversation, which she said she initiated “on a whim,” quickly amassed hundreds of tweets from women sharing some of the dehumanizing things they’ve heard from others in their Christian communities.

“This hashtag is pulling back the curtain on the everyday lived experiences of women within the Church,” Bessey wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday morning.

As several of the users noted, misogyny is by no means a Christian problem nor a religious one, alone. And the thread didn’t delve extensively into issues of race, class, sexual orientation or other important factors that create imbalances both within Christian communities and in society at large.

But the responses highlighted the high degree of white, male, and Christian privilege that exists in all areas of American society, and which also affect Christian women across the spectrum of backgrounds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...on=us_religion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great warrior View Post
    A Twitter hashtag about Christian women has revealed some ugly truths about misogyny in the church.

Christian author Sarah Bessey started the thread Tuesday night with the tag #ThingsOnlyChristianWomenHear to highlight issues surrounding male privilege in many Christian communities.

“It was just a conversation I was wanting to have with my followers about something I care about, but it resonated more widely than I expected,” Bessey told The Huffington Post on Thursday.

The conversation, which she said she initiated “on a whim,” quickly amassed hundreds of tweets from women sharing some of the dehumanizing things they’ve heard from others in their Christian communities.

“This hashtag is pulling back the curtain on the everyday lived experiences of women within the Church,” Bessey wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday morning.

As several of the users noted, misogyny is by no means a Christian problem nor a religious one, alone. And the thread didn’t delve extensively into issues of race, class, sexual orientation or other important factors that create imbalances both within Christian communities and in society at large.

But the responses highlighted the high degree of white, male, and Christian privilege that exists in all areas of American society, and which also affect Christian women across the spectrum of backgrounds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...on=us_religion
    Twitter hashtag about Christian women has revealed some ugly truths about misogyny in the church.
    ^^^^^ CHRISTIAN AND BIBLE BASHING ARE WE???
    REMOVE THAT LOG FROM YOUR EYE MUZZY.. Speak about the Islam and Koran that has world's greatest stranglehold on misogyny!
    World's worst treatment of women......
    The get back to me... --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

3. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie, KarlMarx thanked this post
    Likes KarlMarx liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    ^^^^^ CHRISTIAN AND BIBLE BASHING ARE WE???
    REMOVE THAT LOG FROM YOUR EYE MUZZY.. Speak about the Islam and Koran that has world's greatest stranglehold on misogyny!
    World's worst treatment of women......
    The get back to me... --Tyr
    i doubt he's going to be back for long. I got that bullseye right in the crosshairs. Only question here is how long can we toy with the mouse before Rick kills it.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-24-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    i doubt he's going to be back for long. I got that bullseye right in the crosshairs. Only question here is how long can we toy with the mouse before Rick kills it.
    Its sig--told me it is a muzzy..

Surat Al-'Anbyā' (The Prophets)18-22
    18 :Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And yours will be woe for that which ye ascribe (unto Him).
    19 :To Him belongs whoever is in the heavens and the earth. And those near Him are not prevented by arrogance from His worship, nor do they tire.
    Can you believe these ffing animals-- deliberately murder innocent women and children by order of a damn cult book and claim those numerous commands come from God!?? and by way of a child-molesting, camel humping -insane bastard, no less..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Its sig--told me it is a muzzy..

Can you believe these ffing animals-- deliberately murder innocent women and children by order of a damn cult book and claim those numerous commands come from God!?? and by way of a child-molesting, camel humping -insane bastard, no less..-Tyr
    I've SEEN what they can do. If you think there's any mercy dripping out of these veins you must have me confused with someone else. They're worse in Africa. And once I suit up there ain't one damned thing nice about me.

I just thought maybe we could jerk this guy around for entertainment purposes. He's trying to jerk us around.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've SEEN what they can do. If you think there's any mercy dripping out of these veins you must have me confused with someone else. They're worse in Africa. And once I suit up there ain't one damned thing nice about me.

I just thought maybe we could jerk this guy around for entertainment purposes. He's trying to jerk us around.
    Well, we both have yanked the muzzy coward's chain, lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, if its got enough courage to play..-Tyr

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Well, we both have yanked the muzzy coward's chain, lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, if its got enough courage to play..-Tyr
    He'll run. They always do. You get in better shape chasing those f*ckers in the jungle than you ever will in boot camp.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Perhaps our new friend likes the Crusades. I was going to ignore the propagandist tripe, but then again there is merit in letting him know he isn't fooling or influencing anyone.

Sincerely,
    Abbey
    FEMALE Admin.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Thanks Kathianne, darin, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes darin, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Christianity and misogyny are incompatible. What certain churches do has nothing to do with God or Christ. Christianity has freed more women slavery associated with churches and societies every other belief system combined.

Sincerely,
    dmp
    Half-FEMALE Admin.

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Perhaps our new friend likes the Crusades. I was going to ignore the propagandist tripe, but then again there is merit in letting him know he isn't fooling or influencing anyone.

Sincerely,
    Abbey
    FEMALE Admin.
    My thoughts as well. They need to find opposition, not silence.
    They love silence, as no challenge to their insanity exists when we stay quiet..
    Silence implies consent and/or agreement, whereas vocal oppositions gives others a view of how and why these savages are getting by with murdering in the name of their cult--yet being called a religion of peace!
    Also showing opposition lets their moronic and cowardly appeasers(infidel allies), know we have an eye on them--should some future
    day of retribution ever arrive!-Tyr

18. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

Sincerely,
    Abbey
    FEMALE Admin.
    You think he's going to face up with you? @Black Diamond and @tyr ziu-saxnot.

You bringing your bullshit in here is one thing. You pissing off Abbey is another. You go after her my boot will be so far up your ass you'll have to open your mouth to polish it.

20. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And tell me Mr Warrior ... WHAT exactly is "warrior" murdering women and children? Y'all run like pussies in the field when the men show up. You're nothing but cowards and bullies. I got your name and I got your number, MF-er. You couldn't stand up in a fight with a warrior if you dreamed it. I've watched you murder whole villages over your stupid fucking religion.

Now, let's play ...
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-25-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

So this guys a raghead, eh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Wasn't Islam born out of incest?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    So this guys a raghead, eh?
    Yeah and he came on the wrong board. I'm watching. I think it's a fly by night spammer. Just dumping propaganda.

I doubt we'll see him again. If we do. he's got a ready-made enemy.