Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pentagon plans to 'annihilate' IS fighters

Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday.

The move to encircle then kill as many jihadists in place as possible -- rather than letting them exit a city and targeting them as they flee -- reflects an increased urgency to stop battle-hardened jihadists bringing their military expertise and ideology back to European capitals and other areas.

The president has "directed a tactical shift from shoving ISIS out of safe locations in an attrition fight to surrounding the enemy in their strongholds so we can annihilate ISIS," Mattis said, using an acronym for IS.

"The intent is to prevent the return home of escaped foreign fighters."

Trump, who campaigned on a pledge to quickly defeat IS, signed an executive order soon after taking office giving his generals 30 days to come up with a revised plan to wipe the jihadists out.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-...220433783.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Washington (AFP) - President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday.

The move to encircle then kill as many jihadists in place as possible -- rather than letting them exit a city and targeting them as they flee -- reflects an increased urgency to stop battle-hardened jihadists bringing their military expertise and ideology back to European capitals and other areas.

The president has "directed a tactical shift from shoving ISIS out of safe locations in an attrition fight to surrounding the enemy in their strongholds so we can annihilate ISIS," Mattis said, using an acronym for IS.

"The intent is to prevent the return home of escaped foreign fighters."

Trump, who campaigned on a pledge to quickly defeat IS, signed an executive order soon after taking office giving his generals 30 days to come up with a revised plan to wipe the jihadists out.

Rest here - https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-...220433783.html
    It can work. It'll depend on how much impact the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the left has.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default If the COMMANDER IN CHIEF tells the Military to do something...

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm not concerned with whether or not we are capable of doing it. That's easy.

But you know the left, soundboarded by the leftwingnut MSM and all their disloyal followers on faceplantbook are gong to go high and to the right. How the right/GOP reacts to their childishness is going to matter.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Elessar, CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not concerned with whether or not we are capable of doing it. That's easy.

But you know the left, soundboarded by the leftwingnut MSM and all their disloyal followers on faceplantbook are gong to go high and to the right. How the right/GOP reacts to their childishness is going to matter.

Gunny. Trump should make a speech, inviting every AMERICAN who hates him, to send their names to the IRS, and the PENTAGON.

The President can also announce that those AMERICAN HATERS can also REFUSE to receive any protection from U.S. Police Forces, or the Military by sending their addresses to the ISIS headquarters...wherever that is? Telling ISIS they hate their president, more than they fear being BEHEADED, HUNG, TORTURED, or forced to Listen to NANCY PELOSI, or MAXINE WATERS showing their fans THE FINGER, while YELLING..."F TRUMP".
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So Trump plans to invade Syria? Does he even realize the consequences of this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    So Trump plans to invade Syria? Does he even realize the consequences of this?
    Do you live under a rock?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Do you live under a rock?
    No shit, Sergeant Major. Mess duty quota FILLED. I could nave sworn it said surround the enemy and tighten the noose so they can't escape.

One with functioning brain housing group might assume that means seal the Syria border, not invade it? I can't imagine Assad being all that ticked off about us destroying ISIS for him. He'll whine when we're done with his dirty work.

Be that as it may, ISIS is THE threat. All nations involved should be concerned. Turkey needs to put its Kurdaphobia aside, and WE need to put our perpetual hard-on for Assad and trying to force feed our version of "democracy" on others aside and take out ISIS. Likewise Russia.

Anyone that wants to can argue until they are blue in the face, but fact is, idiots like Saddam Hussein and Assad keep these fruitloop Islamic radical terrorists in check. We're just too busy trying to force and ideal (democracy) half the people in this country (leftwingnuts) don't believe in on people that have no idea what democracy even is, and quite frankly, don't care.

We go in and annihilate ISIS and leave. Let them fix their own shit with a warning: pose a threat to world stability again and we'll be back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Reading comprehension is essential: "President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Looks like instead they blew up 100 innocent civilians
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon...mbing-in-iraq/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Reading comprehension is essential: "President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to "annihilate" the Islamic State group in Syria in a bid to prevent escaped foreign fighters from returning home, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday."
    Which I excel at and always have. YOUR filter however is f*cked up every time you open your mouth.

Annihilating ISIS does not say "Invade Syria, does it? *This is the part where you nod your empty head and say, "You're right , Gunny, "annihilate ISIS in Syria" does NOT say "invade Syria. I'm sorry I can neither comprehend nor read the English language and need to th shut the f*ck up."*
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-25-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Which I excel at and always have. YOUR filter however is f*cked up every time you open your mouth. Annihilating ISIS does not say "Invade Syria, does it? *This is the part where you nod your empty head and say, "You're right , Gunny, "annihilate ISIS in Syria" does NOT say "invade Syria. I'm sorry I can neither comprehend nor read the English language and need to th shut the f*ck up."*
    Sorry, Gunny. You're a nice guy, but reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. If you want to "annihilate ISIS in Syria," you need to be in Syria to do so. If you read the entire story, it concerns destroying ISIS in Syria and not allowing them to return to their home bases or to encampments in Europe. Logic should tell you that you can't "surround and destroy" ISIS forces in Syria unless you are actually in Syria. And the Syrians are not going to allow American forces to simply walk in and do whatever they want. Now, say "thanks for the correction, Gabby, I will try to do better next time."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Looks like instead they blew up 100 innocent civilians
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon...mbing-in-iraq/
    I just have to ask, do you even read the articles for which you post a link?

Secondary explosion due to the storage of explosives hidden in the building. Here is a tip for you civilians...DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT seek shelter in a building where the bad guys are storing explosives! If there are bad guys sniping from the roof...DO NOT ... I repeat...DO NOT enter said building because the good guys just might blow it up.

No Pete, I have no sympathy for the "civilians" in this case.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I just have to ask, do you even read the articles for which you post a link?

Secondary explosion due to the storage of explosives hidden in the building. Here is a tip for you civilians...DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT seek shelter in a building where the bad guys are storing explosives! If there are bad guys sniping from the roof...DO NOT ... I repeat...DO NOT enter said building because the good guys just might blow it up.

No Pete, I have no sympathy for the "civilians" in this case.
    and just for fun, here is a quote from the linked article:

"The investigation determined that the collapse of the building could not have been caused by the 500 U.S. pound bomb, which contained 196 pounds of explosives. Explosives experts estimated it would take at least 1,000 pounds of TNT distributed throughout the second floor of the building to bring it down.
    Explosive residue found at the blast site did not match the type of explosives used in a 500-pound bomb, Isler said, but did match explosives previously used by ISIS.
    "They put a lot of work into this set up," Isler said. He concluded ISIS intended the explosives to kill civilians once the sniper's nest was bombed."

So we can blame this on your terrorist buddies.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sorry, Gunny. You're a nice guy, but reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. If you want to "annihilate ISIS in Syria," you need to be in Syria to do so. If you read the entire story, it concerns destroying ISIS in Syria and not allowing them to return to their home bases or to encampments in Europe. Logic should tell you that you can't "surround and destroy" ISIS forces in Syria unless you are actually in Syria. And the Syrians are not going to allow American forces to simply walk in and do whatever they want. Now, say "thanks for the correction, Gabby, I will try to do better next time."
    You need to quit. You're making a fool of yourself. You got about as much chance of keep in up with me in reading and comprehension as you do my 8 years old granddaughter.

Let me draw you up the Private-Private First Class program .... I could annihilate ISIS FROM SYRIA -- Ms trying to put the emphasis on cherrypicked words in a broad statement -- and anywhere else and never step foot on foreign soil.

For your edification, you are wasting your fetid breath on me. I don't care if they turn the entire US military loose on the place and burn the bitch to the ground. I could give one rickety rat's ass what Assad thinks about it. Maybe his tears will grown a garden.

In the mean time, those who don't know WTF they're talking about (you) need to shut up, sit down, stay out the way and observe. You might actually learn something if you aren't careful.

19. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post