Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Why doesn't your family take care of the family member?

Indeed, why should the federal government, the least efficient of all levels of government, be tasked with things that communities, families and local government should be responding? Oh yeah, the 30's, 60's, and early 70's. Way past time to roll that back.
    hmmmm maybe because we all work, family member wants to be semi-independent, have a life and we're not medically trained. It's also absolutely insulting that you think we don't care for the family member. You have no idea what we've been through and what we do. Absolutely insulted.
    Last edited by pete311; 05-22-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    hmmmm maybe because we all work, family member wants to be semi-independent, have a life and we're not medically trained. It's also absolutely insulting that you think we don't care for the family member. You have no idea what we've been through and what we do. Absolutely insulted.
    Hmmm, the government isn't sending a babysitter, just money.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

So, you contend that it's our responsibility to give food stamps to your family member so she can continue to spend whatever cash that frees up on Heroin?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. You come here to shame others for what you call 'dissing' your family? Another RED HERRING award for you. You see. ALL OF US can see through your liberally trained Excuses, and Whining stories so you can claim we are LOW DOWN like Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary...who...if she had won. WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU and your INSULTED family everything YOU WANT...because it's SOMEBODY ELSE'S MONEY.

You are so full of BS, and sound more like an Obama Wannabe Pretender. You really should go somewhere else. Somewhere where all the BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS you seem to emulate, will CRY THEIR CROCK TEARS and declare everyone else, who doesn't think like you....TERRIBLE, BABY, AND OLD PEOPLE KILLERS because we don't want to PAY for someone else's trouble. As if WE HAVE NONE OF OUR OWN.

So...stay INSULTED. You deserve it for a change.
    Last edited by aboutime; 05-22-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yes I understand very well that if standing next to a starving man, you'd rather watch a pile of $125B of military money burn instead of feeding the man. You still haven't backed up your dramatic claims. Oh and speaking of "needing defense", why should I pay for your defense? What happened to personal responsibility? Didn't invent Facebook and become a billionaire so you can afford a personal tank and jet fighter? Well sucks for you. Personal responsibility.
    You lost me here. You are insulted and do so much, huh? We'd rather watch people starve...

Guess what .... I've got more Humanitarian Assistance Medals than I do Combat Action Ribbons. And you don't know poor. No one in this country does. You think if some bum doesn't get off his ass and go get some food or shelter or clothing it's our fault for not holding his little hand and delivering his chow. Anyone starving in THIS country is their own doing because it's out there. They just won;t go get it like they won't just go get a job.

Not so in SE Asia, Africa, India, China. Those people live like dogs. They sleep outside. Dig through trash for food or beg for it. The kids in indonesia would sell trinkets on the beach to tourists, hand outside the restaurant garbage cans to see what some wealthy Westerner was going to throw in the trash. They had no concept of hygiene. Few had shoes.

Were YOU there feeding and clothing and giving away crap you could replace on the ship with a trip to the store that they thought was priceless? No you weren't.

You want to slam the military because your entitled mind wants to give crap to people who for the most part won't go get it? We spend more time doing good than harming anyone.

So don't you insult us with your whining.

And I've always participated in charities there or here, wheter it was my time and skills or money. I just feel it cheapens it if I have to brag about. I do it out of kindness, not a "Been there, done that" tee shirt.

But when you want to just take it from me? Screw you. THAT is not charity.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You lost me here. You are insulted and do so much, huh? We'd rather watch people starve...

Guess what .... I've got more Humanitarian Assistance Medals than I do Combat Action Ribbons. And you don't know poor. No one in this country does. You think if some bum doesn't get off his ass and go get some food or shelter or clothing it's our fault for not holding his little hand and delivering his chow. Anyone starving in THIS country is their own doing because it's out there. They just won;t go get it like they won't just go get a job.

Not so in SE Asia, Africa, India, China. Those people live like dogs. They sleep outside. Dig through trash for food or beg for it. The kids in indonesia would sell trinkets on the beach to tourists, hand outside the restaurant garbage cans to see what some wealthy Westerner was going to throw in the trash. They had no concept of hygiene. Few had shoes.

Were YOU there feeding and clothing and giving away crap you could replace on the ship with a trip to the store that they thought was priceless? No you weren't.

You want to slam the military because your entitled mind wants to give crap to people who for the most part won't go get it? We spend more time doing good than harming anyone.

So don't you insult us with your whining.

And I've always participated in charities there or here, wheter it was my time and skills or money. I just feel it cheapens it if I have to brag about. I do it out of kindness, not a "Been there, done that" tee shirt.

But when you want to just take it from me? Screw you. THAT is not charity.

Thanks Gunny. Ditto from me, and the rest of the military.
    petey wouldn't survive an hour in HAITI, or with the CUBAN families that left that country in old refrigerators, 55 chevy bodies, pallets hammered together to hold 8 people, with a couple of babies being breast fed by their mother's.
    While I got ashore for an hour in HAITI. The striking thing I remembered was...There were very few tree's, taller than a man. Because they are so poor there. They cut all the wood down, years ago.
    So tell us petey. How much worse is it for you, and your family? Having a home, a car, electricity, running water, a toilet, a refrigerator with food in it. And a safe place to sleep???
    There are families down there who live in cardboard boxes, with a campfire out front to keep the insects away.
    You wanna call us terrible? Look in the mirror once in awhile. THAT'S ALL.
    Last edited by aboutime; 05-22-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Hmmm, the government isn't sending a babysitter, just money.
    With her mental illness she can't hold a job. Thus, she needs the stamps to survive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

With her mental illness she can't hold a job. Thus, she needs the stamps to survive.
    and from what you've written, there should be little hardship for you and other family members to make up a $200 per month need.

I actually figure she qualifies for disability and should get the benefits that go with that. It still doesn't make sense though, for the fed to do this. It should be family and local/state government responsibility.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

and from what you've written, there should be little hardship for you and other family members to make up a $200 per month need.

I actually figure she qualifies for disability and should get the benefits that go with that. It still doesn't make sense though, for the fed to do this. It should be family and local/state government responsibility.
    What she said, Pete. People truly in need should be helped. It' is however YOUR family, not the government's. Instead of thinking tax me more for more handouts you focus a little more on the problem. You hit the nail on the head with a too-big Bureaucracy. Add to that the money being wasted by abuse of the system. There are people that work harder at getting out of work and getting paid for it than if they'd just get a job.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Junkies don't deserve foodstamps.

She's your family and your responsibility.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I find it ironic that the first target of libs is always the military (when it comes to budget cuts). Is there waste, fraud and abuse in the military budget? You bet! I am willing to bet that every single government program has some waste fraud an abuse attached to it. The same folks who whine about the military budget are the same ones who refuse to ruck up, suck it up and go do what needs to be done. I have seen more compassion, humanity, kindness and charity from military members than I have ever seen from civilians. Mostly because military folks get sent to the shit holes civilians would never think of going to. US citizens think that taking somebody else's money and giving it to "the poor" makes them the equivalent of Mother Theresa.

Gunny is absolutely right. People here in the US have no idea of what TRUE poverty looks like.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Thanks NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes I understand very well that if standing next to a starving man, you'd rather watch a pile of $125B of military money burn instead of feeding the man. You still haven't backed up your dramatic claims. Oh and speaking of "needing defense", why should I pay for your defense? What happened to personal responsibility? Didn't invent Facebook and become a billionaire so you can afford a personal tank and jet fighter? Well sucks for you. Personal responsibility.
    You're insulted - as you tell me how I would react with a starving person? I already stated that I had no issue with folks in actual need getting help, asshole.

I have bipolar, Pete, as well as hypomania. My doctor filled out all of the paperwork to get me some sort of benefits. Then some woman contacted me from social security I believe it was? I turned it all down. It's a waste and would have been abuse had I accepted the funding. Sure, I can use some extra $$, but my family is more than capable of helping me with any funding if I need it - and I never did. But I won't sit back and just collect, 'just because I can'. I choose to work contracting gigs and side jobs. My wife does more than well. Just too many options for me to have accepted free money.

I don't like it when the entitlements get used and abused while Dems are in office, but had little choice but to sit back and watch. You don't like the republicans increasing spending on our military and increases? Awwwwww, tell it to someone who may actually care!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You're insulted - as you tell me how I would react with a starving person? I already stated that I had no issue with folks in actual need getting help, asshole.

I have bipolar, Pete, as well as hypomania. My doctor filled out all of the paperwork to get me some sort of benefits. Then some woman contacted me from social security I believe it was? I turned it all down. It's a waste and would have been abuse had I accepted the funding. Sure, I can use some extra $$, but my family is more than capable of helping me with any funding if I need it - and I never did. But I won't sit back and just collect, 'just because I can'. I choose to work contracting gigs and side jobs. My wife does more than well. Just too many options for me to have accepted free money.

I don't like it when the entitlements get used and abused while Dems are in office, but had little choice but to sit back and watch. You don't like the republicans increasing spending on our military and increases? Awwwwww, tell it to someone who may actually care!
    I just don't like the blanket, ignorant statements people make about the military based on political propaganda. They have no idea what we do. Unless someone screws up. The left is ALL over THAT.

Without us, Pete wouldn't have a right to bitch about us. Remember that Tsunami that hit Bali? Who was there with aid first? US Navy and Marines. Guess we had to take time out from committing war crimes . Apparently the truly poor and indigent in other countries aren't worth our time and money?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Gunny is absolutely right. People here in the US have no idea of what TRUE poverty looks like.
    You dumbass, I've been to over 60 countries and volunteered in several. I know poverty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Junkies don't deserve foodstamps.

She's your family and your responsibility.
    Addiction, pi-polar and schizophrenia are medical diseases. My family does not have the medical or background or resources to help her alone.