Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Speechless!
    ... That's probably because of all the garlic fumes ....

I find my 'quirk' delicious, though. Nothing enhances a plate of fish & chips quite like black pudding and garlic. It's all highly nutritious, too. The pudding will be high in iron and zinc. The garlic will be an excellent iodine source (good for thyroid conditions, or needs). In fact, garlic is the most concentrated source of dietary iodine obtainable from any land-based form of food.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... That's probably because of all the garlic fumes ....

I find my 'quirk' delicious, though. Nothing enhances a plate of fish & chips quite like black pudding and garlic. It's all highly nutritious, too. The pudding will be high in iron and zinc. The garlic will be an excellent iodine source (good for thyroid conditions, or needs). In fact, garlic is the most concentrated source of dietary iodine obtainable from any land-based form of food.
    Yeah, but they make the odorless kind that doesn't singe your neighbors' eyelashes when you breathe.

Garlic also is a natural antibiotic. It is a source of anicillin; which, is a precursor to penicillin.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I did the pan in oil, then the oven, and it fell apart. How long do you sautι them?

One inch patty in a hot skillet 3-5 minutes per side, with just enough oil to evenly coat my cast iron.
    “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

6. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    One inch patty in a hot skillet 3-5 minutes per side, with just enough oil to evenly coat my cast iron.
    I hate to admit it, luckily no longer have to explain to ex, but I'm finding I use my cast iron more and more for nearly all my cooking and yes, baking. Some rather expensive cookware is pretty much gathering dust.

Crockpot still gets a workout though.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hate to admit it, luckily no longer have to explain to ex, but I'm finding I use my cast iron more and more for nearly all my cooking and yes, baking. Some rather expensive cookware is pretty much gathering dust.

Crockpot still gets a workout though.

I would send NT with vacuum packed dinners (pork chops with gravy, or Lasagna) wrap the whole thing in tinfoil stick it in the crock pot at the hotel with a whole potato, set it for 8 hours while he was out working and he could come back to a home dinner. just nuke some veggies. He was a rock star for the crew, no muss no fuss, hot dinner!

I LOVE my cast iron too bad my huge skillet went to the cabin....
    “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I would send NT with vacuum packed dinners (pork chops with gravy, or Lasagna) wrap the whole thing in tinfoil stick it in the crock pot at the hotel with a whole potato, set it for 8 hours while he was out working and he could come back to a home dinner. just nuke some veggies. He was a rock star for the crew, no muss no fuss, hot dinner!

I LOVE my cast iron too bad my huge skillet went to the cabin....

Come visit, we'll go hunting for cast iron! There's a lot of bargains to be found here, including Wagner, Birmingham, and Griswold. Might find more in the deep South, but AZ has pretty good pickens'.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Come visit, we'll go hunting for cast iron! There's a lot of bargains to be found here, including Wagner, Birmingham, and Griswold. Might find more in the deep South, but AZ has pretty good pickens'.

While in NY several years ago I found a griddle from the late 1800! Had it appraised and almost fell over when he told me I'll give you $200 right now I want it. Not a bad score for a $15 barn pick.

14. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

While in NY several years ago I found a griddle from the late 1800! Had it appraised and almost fell over when he told me I'll give you $200 right now I want it. Not a bad score for a $15 barn pick.
    Not to mention all the fun in the hunt alone! How many coffee shops will we just have to stop into?

16. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post