Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Ranch Dressing on Pizza?
    but only on mediocre Chain store pizza.
    not on good local or homemade or good Chicago deep dish

I've been doing oatmeal for breakfast for years and have tried it a lot of different ways.
    right now I'm into adding a nearly black banana, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, a dab of honey and hits of ginger and cinnamon.

A Sandwich I've been eating is toasted wheat bread with melted butter, mayo, bacon and mashed avacodo.

as far as fruits go i've never understood people who put salt on watermelon.
    it's like putting salt on strawberry ice-cream, to me it makes no sense.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Ranch Dressing on Pizza?
    but only on mediocre Chain store pizza.
    not on good local or homemade or good Chicago deep dish

I've been doing oatmeal for breakfast for years and have tried it a lot of different ways.
    right now I'm into adding a nearly black banana, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, a dab of honey and hits of ginger and cinnamon.

A Sandwich I've been eating is toasted wheat bread with melted butter, mayo, bacon and mashed avacodo.

as far as fruits go i've never understood people who put salt on watermelon.
    it's like putting salt on strawberry ice-cream, to me it makes no sense.
    Sacrilege! No salt on the watermelon? I'd as soon not eat it without salt.

I always KNEW something was wrong with you.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So that's where you went wrong...all that damn salt has jacked with yer brain. One does not salt fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sacrilege! No salt on the watermelon? I'd as soon not eat it without salt.

I always KNEW something was wrong with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    So that's where you went wrong...all that damn salt has jacked with yer brain. One does not salt fruit.
    If you're from the South, you salt your watermelon. I never heard of eating it without salt.

Salt and pepper cantaloupe. Tomatoes. Y'all Yankees just don't know what's good.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

V-8 is gay? Must be a yankee thing.

THAT is NOT a taco. A taco is carne guisada or carne asada with some pico de gallo and red or habanero sauce on it in a rolled flour tortilla.

Sour cream is authorized on maybe half a bake potato once a decade IF none of your friends are looking. Talk about losing man points. Geez.
    No way. Sour Cream is mandatory on nachos, tacos/burritos, baked potatoes, and Borscht.

Anyone ever have Borscht? It's an old-school peasant soup from Russia / Europe made from beets that probably wasn't very good - but when it's kicked up a notch with beef and served with a dollop of sour cream it is heavenly! I've never really cared for beets, but that stuff is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Ketchup is for women, children & old folks. Tabasco or salsa verde is the only thing to use
    Blasphemy!! -5 man points for you.

I put tobasco on my eggs. Or Louisiana Hot Sauce. On occasion. Usually just salt and pepper. I fry them in butter instead of oil.

I won't touch ketchup.
    -5 man points.

Here's another one though and I KNOW this is southern. I won't touch mayonnaise. It's Miracle Whip all the way.
    +5 man points. You're still negative though, from that whole breakfast watermelon thing. Salting watermelon??

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No one?
    I steer clear of kimchee after hearing a few horror stories involving explosive diarrhea and vomiting. They were very funny stories, but not something I wanna experience.

People who get dressed up, go to a restaurant, and order meatloaf. WTF is up with THAT? Wasting time -- getting ready and driving -- for a gut bomb.

"I'll have the ribeye, medium rare, steamed asparagus and a baked potato."

"and for you, sir?"

"Oh, I'll have the MEATLOAF and I want a fresh bottle of ketchup to drown it in, thanks."

We'll sure be hanging out lots in the future.
    When I'm out on the road, I order a lot of that kind of stuff. I really start craving homestyle meals... Sharon has spoiled me something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    I'm kinda guilty of something like this. I love liver & onions but the Lady has decreed that she will NOT cook it, nor will it be cooked in the house.

So if we do go out, that might be a plan for me.
    Yuck... liver and onions makes me queasy just thinking about that awful smell.

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'm sure I've mentioned it before... but growing up out in the boonies we used to eat oatmeal every day. I loathe it.

I remember sitting at the breakfast table glaring back at that stupid Quaker with his cheery blue eyes. He's the devil.

If you're from the South, you salt your watermelon. I never heard of eating it without salt.

Salt and pepper cantaloupe. Tomatoes. Y'all Yankees just don't know what's good.
    You need professional help. Maybe even an exorcism.

Anyone know a good priest we can dispatch?
    Last edited by NightTrain; 06-14-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No way. Sour Cream is mandatory on nachos, tacos/burritos, baked potatoes, and Borscht.

Anyone ever have Borscht? It's an old-school peasant soup from Russia / Europe made from beets that probably wasn't very good - but when it's kicked up a notch with beef and served with a dollop of sour cream it is heavenly! I've never really cared for beets, but that stuff is amazing.

-5 man points.

+5 man points. You're still negative though, from that whole breakfast watermelon thing. Salting watermelon??

I steer clear of kimchee after hearing a few horror stories involving explosive diarrhea and vomiting. They were very funny stories, but not something I wanna experience.

When I'm out on the road, I order a lot of that kind of stuff. I really start craving homestyle meals... Sharon has spoiled me something fierce.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before... but growing up out in the boonies we used to eat oatmeal every day. I loathe it.

I remember sitting at the breakfast table glaring back at that stupid Quaker with his cheery blue eyes. He's the devil.

I don't agree with all you wrote, but I'm !

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

-5 man points.

I'm thinking your wife needs the professional help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm thinking your wife needs the professional help.
    You put salt on fruit, and he/she/THEY need professional help/ **SIGH**

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

AUGHHHHH!!! nooooooo!
    When I went to Germany for the first time, my maternal grandmother served my sister and I borscht. It was DISGUSTING! Mostly the broth, which was thin and sour. The beef was a poor cut. The veggies were OK.
    When I expressed my disgust, my grandmother laughed and said it was about all they had to eat during WW2. Some people gathered up the remains of whatever vegetables they could find, throw in tree bark for season and cook it with water and dirt (yes, dirt).

You put ketchup on hot dogs. You buy a Dodger Dog at the baseball game, you put ketchup on it. No chili, no onions, no mustard. KETCHUP!

Salt on watermelon? None of my family did that and they grew up in Dallas. You eat melon with NOTHING on it.

When my mom and dad eat fried or scrambled eggs, they put salsa on it. Lots of salsa.
    You can put salsa on pretty much everything.

My daughter once had a crush on a guy and went on a lunch date with him. Found out he was a vegetarian. She ordered a steak sandwich and he left.
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 06-15-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    AUGHHHHH!!! nooooooo!
    When I went to Germany for the first time, my maternal grandmother served my sister and I borscht. It was DISGUSTING! Mostly the broth, which was thin and sour. The beef was a poor cut. The veggies were OK.
    When I expressed my disgust, my grandmother laughed and said it was about all they had to eat during WW2. Some people gathered up the remains of whatever vegetables they could find, throw in tree bark for season and cook it with water and dirt (yes, dirt).

You put ketchup on hot dogs. You buy a Dodger Dog at the baseball game, you put ketchup on it. No chili, no onions, no mustard. KETCHUP!

Salt on watermelon? None of my family did that and they grew up in Dallas. You eat melon with NOTHING on it.

When my mom and dad eat fried or scrambled eggs, they put salsa on it. Lots of salsa.
    You can put salsa on pretty much everything.

My daughter once had a crush on a guy and went on a lunch date with him. Found out he was a vegetarian. She ordered a steak sandwich and he left.
    Song by R. Wylie Hubbard -- We Ain't from Dallas, we're from Texas". Besides, I learned to eat watermelon from my hillbilly relatives in AL, not Tx.

And ketchup on a hot dog means the dog gets it. Matter of fact, a hot dog period means the dog gets it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Totally agree with this ... I even put salt on grapefruit....no pepper though.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.