Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Mustard? MUSTARD???? Hey, @NightTrain, you didn't tell me that your ever so sweet and kind wife is a secret psycho!!!
    There's nothing secret about it, bubba!

Anyone that doesn't like ketchup and miracle whip has been outed... and I can confirm she is repulsed by BOTH!

Plus, she married me for some reason.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks NT'sGirl, Kathianne, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    There's nothing secret about it, bubba!

Anyone that doesn't like ketchup and miracle whip has been outed... and I can confirm she is repulsed by BOTH!

Plus, she married me for some reason.
    I love them both, so long as not on the same sandwich!

Yeah, like my wifey, I VERY often wonder why she ever married me, and why she hasn't left an open home and disappeared in the middle of the night. That's what I would do if I were married to myself.

I just thought of that, is it OK to marry yourself in today's society? Is it discrimination if they don't let me?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I just thought of that, is it OK to marry yourself in today's society? Is it discrimination if they don't let me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sologamy

its the next big thing man...
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

6. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I don't know that I want to go out to eat with most of you! LOL! Ketchup's only place is on fries, once in awhile. Ok, also on the store bought fish sticks, though I probably haven't had those in 30 years.

Salt on any fruit, with tomato exception, eeewwww!

Ranch on anything other than dipping veggies? No way! I've never understood that flavor on chips/crackers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sologamy

its the next big thing man...
    That is so AWESOME, ain't it @hjmick

I'm definitely getting married this week. Finally, someone who will think like I do and won't nag.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    V-8 is gay? Must be a yankee thing.

THAT is NOT a taco. A taco is carne guisada or carne asada with some pico de gallo and red or habanero sauce on it in a rolled flour tortilla.

Sour cream is authorized on maybe half a bake potato once a decade IF none of your friends are looking. Talk about losing man points. Geez.
    No way. Sour Cream is mandatory on nachos, tacos/burritos, baked potatoes, and Borscht.

Anyone ever have Borscht? It's an old-school peasant soup from Russia / Europe made from beets that probably wasn't very good - but when it's kicked up a notch with beef and served with a dollop of sour cream it is heavenly! I've never really cared for beets, but that stuff is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Ketchup is for women, children & old folks. Tabasco or salsa verde is the only thing to use
    Blasphemy!! -5 man points for you.

I put tobasco on my eggs. Or Louisiana Hot Sauce. On occasion. Usually just salt and pepper. I fry them in butter instead of oil.

I won't touch ketchup.
    -5 man points.

Here's another one though and I KNOW this is southern. I won't touch mayonnaise. It's Miracle Whip all the way.
    +5 man points. You're still negative though, from that whole breakfast watermelon thing. Salting watermelon??

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No one?
    I steer clear of kimchee after hearing a few horror stories involving explosive diarrhea and vomiting. They were very funny stories, but not something I wanna experience.

People who get dressed up, go to a restaurant, and order meatloaf. WTF is up with THAT? Wasting time -- getting ready and driving -- for a gut bomb.

"I'll have the ribeye, medium rare, steamed asparagus and a baked potato."

"and for you, sir?"

"Oh, I'll have the MEATLOAF and I want a fresh bottle of ketchup to drown it in, thanks."

We'll sure be hanging out lots in the future.
    When I'm out on the road, I order a lot of that kind of stuff. I really start craving homestyle meals... Sharon has spoiled me something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    I'm kinda guilty of something like this. I love liver & onions but the Lady has decreed that she will NOT cook it, nor will it be cooked in the house.

So if we do go out, that might be a plan for me.
    Yuck... liver and onions makes me queasy just thinking about that awful smell.

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I've been doing oatmeal for breakfast for years and have tried it a lot of different ways.
    right now I'm into adding a nearly black banana, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, a dab of honey and hits of ginger and cinnamon.
    I'm sure I've mentioned it before... but growing up out in the boonies we used to eat oatmeal every day. I loathe it.

I remember sitting at the breakfast table glaring back at that stupid Quaker with his cheery blue eyes. He's the devil.

If you're from the South, you salt your watermelon. I never heard of eating it without salt.

Salt and pepper cantaloupe. Tomatoes. Y'all Yankees just don't know what's good.
    You need professional help. Maybe even an exorcism.

Anyone know a good priest we can dispatch?
    Last edited by NightTrain; 06-14-2017 at 01:57 PM.

12. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No way. Sour Cream is mandatory on nachos, tacos/burritos, baked potatoes, and Borscht.

Anyone ever have Borscht? It's an old-school peasant soup from Russia / Europe made from beets that probably wasn't very good - but when it's kicked up a notch with beef and served with a dollop of sour cream it is heavenly! I've never really cared for beets, but that stuff is amazing.

-5 man points.

+5 man points. You're still negative though, from that whole breakfast watermelon thing. Salting watermelon??

I steer clear of kimchee after hearing a few horror stories involving explosive diarrhea and vomiting. They were very funny stories, but not something I wanna experience.

When I'm out on the road, I order a lot of that kind of stuff. I really start craving homestyle meals... Sharon has spoiled me something fierce.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before... but growing up out in the boonies we used to eat oatmeal every day. I loathe it.

I remember sitting at the breakfast table glaring back at that stupid Quaker with his cheery blue eyes. He's the devil.

I don't agree with all you wrote, but I'm !

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

14. Thanks NightTrain, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ok, also on the store bought fish sticks, though I probably haven't had those in 30 years.
    A word to the wise... as someone that has worked on commercial fishing boats back when I was a kid, NEVER EVER eat cod. Cod is kicked off to the side and sits out in the sun while the valuable fish get the attention & scooted into the hold. Even as they come up out of the water, they're nasty & mushy - let alone sit out on the dirty deck for a while in the sun.

Ranch on anything other than dipping veggies? No way! I've never understood that flavor on chips/crackers.
    Ranch is my favorite dressing on salads, much to Sharon's disgust. And it's awesome for dipping.

If I let my kids use Ranch as they wanted to, this house would easily go through a bottle every day. They put it on everything and I put a stop to that when a big jug of it disappeared within hours... knuckleheads were using it to glop on top of some kickass Chicago Deep Dish pizza.

Then my youngest promptly tried to put ketchup on the pizza... wtf? That was also summarily overruled at Casa del NT.

Being a condiment nazi is a ruthless business.

16. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

A word to the wise... as someone that has worked on commercial fishing boats back when I was a kid, NEVER EVER eat cod. Cod is kicked off to the side and sits out in the sun while the valuable fish get the attention & scooted into the hold. Even as they come up out of the water, they're nasty & mushy - let alone sit out on the dirty deck for a while in the sun.

Ranch is my favorite dressing on salads, much to Sharon's disgust. And it's awesome for dipping.

If I let my kids use Ranch as they wanted to, this house would easily go through a bottle every day. They put it on everything and I put a stop to that when a big jug of it disappeared within hours... knuckleheads were using it to glop on top of some kickass Chicago Deep Dish pizza.

Then my youngest promptly tried to put ketchup on the pizza... wtf? That was also summarily overruled at Casa del NT.

Being a condiment nazi is a ruthless business.
    When it comes to salad dressing, I'm basically a oil & vinegar or just lemon. I did have some Bolthouse Salsa Verde Avocado which I really liked. Since it's made with yogurt, I'm guessing most won't want to try. LOL!

18. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    When it comes to salad dressing, I'm basically a oil & vinegar or just lemon. I did have some Bolthouse Salsa Verde Avocado which I really liked. Since it's made with yogurt, I'm guessing most won't want to try. LOL!

Love the salsa verde avocado. Why did you have to let it out that it is made with yogurt.... now NT will not eat it again.

Also Tofu... I have slipped a few tofu things in with out him knowing but he gets angry about tofu.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

20. Thanks Abbey Marie, darin, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

That is so AWESOME, ain't it @hjmick

I'm definitely getting married this week. Finally, someone who will think like I do and won't nag.

I suppose I have only myself to blame for the whole "awesome" thing. Such is life...

But that still didn't stop the "Marry yourself and you'll be able to go fuck yourself without the social stigma of doing it out of wedlock..." from popping intp my head.
    Last edited by hjmick; 06-14-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

22. Likes NightTrain, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

But at least you recognize and eat the pork roll, only a NJ woman would know and eat that.
    There is no need for ketchup OR mustard with pork roll. It generally already comes with a big side of grease, if I recall.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

24. Likes NT'sGirl, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    Love the salsa verde avocado. Why did you have to let it out that it is made with yogurt.... now NT will not eat it again.

Also Tofu... I have slipped a few tofu things in with out him knowing but he gets angry about tofu.
    Somehow I doubt that NT would complain either way!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

26. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Somehow I doubt that NT would complain either way!
    I try not to, but I admit I was a little miffed when I discovered that she'd slipped me some tofu.

If I wanted to eat man-made slimy stuff, I'd grab a can of playdough.

28. Thanks NT'sGirl, Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

-5 man points.

I'm thinking your wife needs the professional help.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke