Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Jilted Never Trumpers Want You To Care They’re Losing

It's weird to see some on the right being welcomed with open arms by some liberals. Of course for different reasons, but the liberals don't care about that of course.

We have folks no longer wanting to be 'republicans' as a result of Trump. Then others stay for the 'greater good', to give some leeway on things we don't like and/or disagree with, in order to get more done overall. It's a balancing act, IMO, and not every person on the right are going to be in agreement on all issues this go 'round. I can handle that, I'm cool with that. Sometimes a little compromise is necessary to get to that greater good as well.

Now personally, I hate to see the party suffer overall, or see congress losing seats instead of compromising to keep folks and help other things get done as a result. Surely giving up congress is something none of us wants to see. At the same time, I understand folks and principles and remaining to that. As I said, it's a balancing act. It is what it is in those cases, I hold no ill will towards folks that are still wanting conservative issues completed.

Whether folks help out in this direction, or some helping out going the other direction - it sucks to see liberals laughing and knowing that it doesn't have to be that way, and they will pounce and take advantage.

---

Jilted Never Trumpers Want You To Care They’re Losing

Jeff Flake no longer wants to be a senator.

On Tuesday, the Republican senator and frequent Donald Trump critic delivered a grandstanding speech on why he decided to throw in the towel on campaigning for another term in office.

“There are times where we must risk our careers in favor of our principles,” Flake declared. “Now is such a time.”

“It must also be said that I arise today with no small amount of regret,” he continued. “Regret because of the state of our disunion…Regret because of the coarseness of our leadership. Regret because of the compromise of our moral authority and by our–and I mean all of our–complicity in this alarming and dangerous state of affairs.”

Flake urged his Republican colleagues to stand up against the president undermining American democracy and resist the “new normal.”

His speech was typical of his recent commentary on the president — the now-retiring senator even wrote a whole book about how his principled conservative self couldn’t stand Trump.

But to several liberal journalists, Flake’s speech was one of the greatest in the Senate’s history and Americans will remember it for generations.

In all likelihood, we’re going to forget about his resignation speech next week, but that won’t stop CNN from trying to get a temporary ratings boost out of it.

One of the oddest things about the coverage of Flake’s resignation is how the media tried to spin it as a loss for the president. A prominent critic of Trump deciding to leave office does not sound like a loss for POTUS, no matter how many lame barbs Flake lobbed at him during his “defiant” surrender.

Flake’s resignation is the epitome of a trend that began when Trump first secured his party’s nomination for president — various conservatives melodramatically announcing their exit from the GOP or even the right-wing itself.

Just a day before the Arizona senator made his announcement, MSNBC-approved conservative Charlie Sykes wrote a whole column about how he was no longer going to associate with a conservative movement dominated by Trumpism.

Proudly calling himself an independent conservative, Sykes declares, “If the conservative movement wishes to be defined by the nativist, authoritarian, post-truth culture of Trump-Bannon-Drudge-Hannity-Palin, then I’m out.”

The former radio host believes it is imperative for conservatives to return to those oh-so precious principles — such as free markets, limited government and the very right-wing idea of inclusion — for the movement to keep an important man such as Charlie Sykes in the fold.

Sykes also outlines how conservatism can accomplish the important task of keeping himself happy. The guidelines include purging anyone he deems to be a racist and magically winning over minority voters with Paul Ryan’s agenda.

It’s a real mystery why NBC publishes this guy’s opinions…

Sykes is surely not alone in breaking up with the GOP and conservative movement over Trump. Neoconservatives like Bill Kristol and Max Boot have repeated their departures ad nauseam. MSNBC host Joe Scarborough managed to grab a lot of headlines for saying he is no longer a Republican.

Liberals love these kinds of stories because it contributes to their narrative that Trump is destroying the GOP. The conservatives departing love to engage in this behavior because it nets them positive press coverage and strange new respect from their liberal colleagues — a respectable conservative’s biggest dream!

But do average Republicans care? The answer seems to be a strong no.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/25/ji...theyre-losing/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Re: Flake
    Have you ever seen a Dem leave because of the actual coarseness of Bill Clinton's Presidency?
    No, you didn't.

Bet he thinks he would lose.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'd quit before bowing down to Trump. Laugh now. We are ALL going to pay later.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Flake going is a good thing. Now McCain and Sasse need to head for the door.

Murkowski and Collins too.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Re: Flake
    Have you ever seen a Dem leave because of the actual coarseness of Bill Clinton's Presidency?
    No, you didn't.

Bet he thinks he would lose.
    Yeah. 25 points down so rip trump (again) and curl up with tapper.

8. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    One can pay less when they compromise and work together. Trump is already in office, I think you can let that one go now. Keeping the liberals happy tells a little story in itself. And no one said anything about bowing to anyone. You're kinda helping prove my point. Folks obsessed with hatred for Trump, and that hatred is hurting things going forward. I think folks are going against a lot of issues, because it's what Trump wants. Or folks won't even look at candidates, because Trump is involved, or Bannon somehow. And yup, you are right, we all pay somehow, whether right now or down the road.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yeah. 25 points down so rip trump (again) and curl up with tapper.
    And not to mention an 18 point approval rating. Him retiring is all of his own doing. Who will take his place, if possible, is yet to be determined. Hopefully it'll work out, folks work together and a candidate can be followed and keep the R's on top in Arizona if possible.

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And not to mention an 18 point approval rating. Him retiring is all of his own doing. Who will take his place, if possible, is yet to be determined. Hopefully it'll work out, folks work together and a candidate can be followed and keep the R's on top in Arizona if possible.
    Yes. The President pointed out the approval rating on Twitter.

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Pfffft. The only thing I'm going to pay is less taxes.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Here's my take, which is likely different than most. Flake may well have lost if he'd stayed tried to be reelected. He alienated Trump supporters, who really didn't care that his voting record in agreeing with Trump was higher than many in the GOP, that he wouldn't laud him because of behavior broke the ties. He also lost many moderate/certainly liberals, by those votes that were in agreement with Trump. He managed to triangulate himself into a lose/lose position.

I think he made principled stands against Trumps behavior, from the primaries until yesterday. He still voted the same principles on issues that he had previously. He's a small government guy, which neither Trump nor the democrats are.

I really don't know many folks that agree with him or myself, though I know many that really dislike the Trump behaviors, his take no prisoners tweets and oftentimes speeches to his core. Still they voted for him and may well do so in 2020.

Yeah, I agree with Flake that this new party under the banner of GOP, isn't one I'm comfortable with, so I became Independent. Yep, for silly principles on issues and behavior. Having watched the rest of former candidates that I would have voted for over a year ago, I no longer feel that way. Not sure how I'll vote in the future, but populism and bullying is not something I'll ever be comfortable with. Not in my life, not in government.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The sucky shitty all caps was not from me, it's part of the article. And he makes it all sound as if he is bowing out for any other reason other than he is getting stomped on in the polls.

---

RINO #NeverTrumper Jeff Flake Is a Douche – But This Line from His Crazy Speech Was Great…

RINO #NeverTrumper Jeff Flake is an angry egotistical douche.

Jeff Flake was down by 26 points in a PRIMARY race in Arizona and had an approval rating of 18% in his home state.

So Tuesday he took to the Senate floor to audition for a future gig on MSNBC.

The outspoken #NeverTrumper trashed the Republican president and Republican voters.
    (And he’s too stupid to know why they reject him!)

But he did drop a couple truth-bombs in his whiny lecture.
    Flake is angry because he knows the Republican party has changed.

GOP voters reject amnesty and open borders, reject ruinous free trade agreements and have no respect for pompous ignorant politicians who say one thing during the campaign and then ignore voters once they get in office.

And Republican voters don’t appreciate an out of touch loon who lectures them every other week.

Here are the best lines from Flake’s annoying screed.

Via The Hill:

I DECIDED THAT I WOULD BE BETTER ABLE TO REPRESENT THE PEOPLE OF ARIZONA AND TO BETTER SERVE MY COUNTRY AND MY CONSCIENCE BY FREEING MYSELF OF THE POLITICAL CONSIDERATION THAT CONSUMED FAR TOO MUCH BANDWIDTH AND CAUSE ME TO COMPROMISE FAR TOO MANY PRINCIPLES.

TO THAT END I’M ANNOUNCING TODAY THAT MY SERVICE IN THE SENATE WILL CONCLUDE AT THE END OF MY TERM IN EARLY JANUARY, 2019.

IT IS CLEAR AT THIS MOMENT THAT A TRADITIONAL CONSERVATIVE WHO BELIEVES IN LIMITED GOVERNMENT AND FREE MARKETS, WHO IS DEVOTED TO FREE TRADE, WHO IS PRO-IMMIGRATION HAS A NARROWER AND NARROW PATH TO NOMINATION IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, THE PARTY THAT HAS SO LONG DEFINED ITSELF BY ITS BELIEF IN THOSE THINGS.

IT IS ALSO CLEAR TO ME FOR THE MOMENT THAT WE HAVE GIVEN IN OR GIVEN UP ON THE CORE PRINCIPLES IN FAVOR OF A MORE VISCERALLY SATISFYING ANGER AND RESENTMENT.

TO BE CLEAR TO THE ANGER AND RESENTMENT THAT THE PEOPLE FEEL AT ROYAL MESS THAT WE’VE CREATED ARE JUSTIFIED.

BUT ANGER AND RESENTMENT ARE NOT THE GOVERNING PHILOSOPHY.

THERE IS AN UNDENIABLE POTENCY TO A POPULIST APPEAL BY MISCHARACTERIZING OR MISUNDERSTANDING OUR PROBLEMS AND GIVING IN TO THE IMPULSE TO SCAPEGOAT AND BELITTLE — THE IMPULSE TO SCAPE COAT AND BELITTLE THREATENS TO TURN US INTO A FEARFUL BACKWARD LOOKING PEOPLE.

IN THE CASE OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, THOSE THINGS ALSO THREATEN TO TURN US INTO A FEARFUL, BACKWARD-LOOKING MINORITY PARTY.

WE WERE NOT MADE GREAT AS A COUNTRY BY INDULGING IN OR EVEN EXALTING OUR WORST IMPULSES, TURNING AGAINST OURSELVES, GLORIFYING IN THE THINGS THAT DIVIDE US AND CALLING FAKE THINGS TRUE AND TRUE THINGS FAKE.

AND WE DID NOT BECOME THE BEACON OF FREEDOM IN THE DARKEST CORNERS OF THE WORLD BY FLOUTING OUR INSTITUTIONS AND FAILING TO UNDERSTAND JUST HOW HARD WON AND VULNERABLE THEY ARE.

THIS SPELL WILL EVENTUALLY BREAK.
    This guy is such a bitter clown.
    Go away Jeff Flake.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-speech-great/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

This guy is such a bitter clown.
    Go away Jeff Flake.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-speech-great/

He is, he said so, yesterday.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I guess he could always rebrand himself as a Democrat and be true to his love of immigration, bad trade agreements and lusty backstabbing. He might win Mayor somewhere in Oregon. Anyhoo, enough about that loser.

So who's our new favorite GOP frontrunner? Kelli Ward?

20. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Flake is like the petulant little child throwing a fit because he can't win at something as he slams his bedroom door behind him.

And now today being interviewed by all his new democrat propaganda wing BFF's he had to admit that he couldn't win another election, and all that talk of impeachment or getting rid of president Trump because he's mentally unstable is just pretty much crazy talk, so he had to back peddle today, probably because his constituents have all asked him what in the fuck he thinks he's doing?

He started something he couldn't finish. He's a moron, he's a RINO, he's no help to the republican party, and this is what draining the swamp looks like.

Fuck him... fuck Corker... fuck McLame...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-25-2017 at 04:51 PM.

22. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I guess he could always rebrand himself as a Democrat and be true to his love of immigration, bad trade agreements and lusty backstabbing. He might win Mayor somewhere in Oregon. Anyhoo, enough about that loser.

So who's our new favorite GOP frontrunner? Kelli Ward?
    I'm not sure the feeling around the state, never followed their area before. I know Flake wasn't exactly reeling in the numbers. Seems like his numbers are pretty close to the approval rating of congress!